• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debarkation Day: Will we make an 11:25am flight?

Which flight time would you choose?

• 11:30am No sense waiting around.

• 4:30pm No sense in rushing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Since it seems like we'll be off the ship by 9am, do you think we'd be able to make an 11:45am flight out of Orlando Airport? We'll be using a towncar service who I think would just drop us off right near Delta's (Song's) departure gates.

All opinions welcome! I'll be booking our flights soon. The other departure flight isn't until 4:30pm.

I'll make this thread a poll, please vote for the time you'd fly.

Thanks again!

March '02 cruise we easily made our 11:20 am flight. We didn't rush to get off the ship. Our towncar had us back to MCO by 10 am. Our flights connected in Pittsburgh so we didn't get home until after 6pm anyway.

Personally, after being on a relaxing cruise, I wouldn't want to feel rushed with getting to the airport. After our cruise in August, we picked up our rental car, stopped by and said Hi to Shirley at The Perfect Gift, then drove up to Titusville for a relaxing lunch of Rock Shrimp and Cornfritters at Dixie Crossroads with Lynn "moosysmom." After our lunch we took our time and headed for the airport for our 6pm flight home. We were flying on Spirit, and Spirit wanted us at the airport three hours before our scheduled flight. I think we arrived and got checked in around 2:45pm, still feeling quite relaxed.

Don't Worry, Be Happy!!!

Hi Seaspray!
I have taken the song flight you are referring to the past two times I've cruised. The first time, I waited in line at the gangway until they opened the doors and then proceeded to run off the ship, check my bags and board Disney transfers. The second time, my sister and I took our time - went to Topsiders with our friends and strolled off the ship around 8:30am. Both times we had PLENTY of time at the airport - we sat and read for over an hour before we could even board. We are taking this flight 3 more times this year. Yes, there is a risk that the ship will get back into port late if there is an emergency at Castaway Cay (which has happened), but I think you would still make your flight with time to spare. If we had a rental car, maybe we would do more in the Orlando area and then fly out later, but with Transfers, you really don't want to be sitting at the airport that long....especially when you have to watch all the new cruisers arriving!!! soooo depressing!!!!

I sure hope so! We have an 11:55am flight home in December. We've always had 3:00+ flights post-cruise and ended up sitting around twiddling our thumbs. I'd rather be rushed if need be than sit around like that again! To help ensure we get to the airport quickly, we rented Happy Limo so we don't have to wait for any DCL shuttles.

GOOD LUCK!

As a first timer, we tried to hustle back to tairport for our 1:00 flight. We were sitting at the MCO Burger King by 10:00am wondering why we were in such a hurry.

We had early seating for breakfast and live 1 hour from the port. We were home in the door by 9:30 am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter