Debit card

Fldisneyfamily4321

DIS Veteran
ideas for best debit card to use in the U.K. ? I don’t really want to loose almost half our money to a exchange store . Thanks !

Are you based in UK as most banks provide free use of debit cards?

Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted in UK shops - American Express less so.

If you are visiting you might want to look into a prepaid currency card or ask around where you live for the best bank card for travellers - I know that some banks here are better than others when we go abroad.

As you are asking on the UK board you are asking people whose local currency is GBP and therefore don't need to exchange money while we are here so might not be the best people to help you.

I’m visiting from the US :) my bank is a local credit union so my card won’t work out off country . I may open a basic account with someone like Wells Fargo and use their debit which does work .

Use Wells Fargo Debit card Or Credit Card .

MAKE sure you have Chip & Pin version ( your USA Pin will Work )

Local Currency in UK. Sterling is used ONLY in UK. & N. Ireland. NOT in the rest of Europe which uses Euros

Each withdrawal from ATM will give you money & only currency Exchange Rate is charged to your A/c

I am just going to take some cash , and use my visa mostly .. I already paid for hotel , Gatwick express and London pass so now just budgeting my spending :) so far I have spent less then 1800.00 on airfare and all the rest of that so I came in cheaper then the Disney Cruise I was going to do instead ! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!