• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debit Card

ScottyandJeannie

Earning My Ears
We plan on staying at AKL in September for 6 nights. Going through Disney-Go. If I use my Debit Card do they put a hold on it? I know some hotels will put a hold on debit cards.

If you use the debit card as your check-in card. You can put a different card in when you do online check-in or you can change it on arrival.

Disney requires the hold even if you don’t do room charges in case of room damage so you can’t get around it.

bring an extra credit (or different account associated debit card) JUST IN CASE-we went through H--- when disney repeatedly made an error in putting and removing holds on one of our cards during a stay. it was a nightmare dealing with front desk staff who put it off on another department that was not on site nor open nights or weekends (and neither would speak directly to the other) so we were left to figure out how to proceed financialy with several thousands of dollars incorrectly posted to our card.

If I remember, they charged our card $100 per night. It would eventually fall off a couple of days later as we never charged anything to our room (we buy Disney GCs each paycheck after we book a trip then use those to pay for everything). But it was very frustrating when you see an additional $100 charge each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter