Debt Dumpers - 2017

Ok, so rough couple of weeks. My boss cut out all overtime for the rest of the year, our department is WAY over budget. So, that was the money I was using to pay down my debt. Which of the following would you recommend to offset? I'm not really fond of either option and am trying to find a 2nd job instead, but just in case.

#1 - to refi my students loans - paid 1.5 years out of 10, refi would be for 20 years cutting my monthly payment in half - save $100/month but would be paying a lot longer
#2 - stop contributing to my 401k - save $150/month
That’s awful.

Can you pick up a second job to replace some of the OT, and do some budget trimming and keep everything going?

Asha Liliane
Born Oct. 12 at 1:28 am
7 lb. 6 oz. View attachment 276446

It's a girl!!!
Minnie-Mouse-Ear-Hat-for-Baby.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
She is so beautiful!! And such a pretty name,,love it!
Well done mommy! Congratulations Hon,,now take time to care for mommy.
Hugs to you and your new family!
Mel

@Ngwira No, not a Honda..... but in all seriousness, that really sucks. I'm sorry.
It lasted 205,000 miles!!! That's amazing. We're buying another one and will run that into the ground. Good news is that the dealer allows up to $7,000 in credit card funding! Guess who just met her minimum spend for her AMEX BB Plus. Plus I will also put some of that 7k on my Chase Freedom Unlimited so I'm getting UR from the spend.

Budget totally busted. DH's 205,00 mile Honda CRV's engine died. We are buying a 2014 CRV tomorrow. Putting down 7k and financing the remainder. Hope everyone is chugging along.

You might want to rethink that 2014 CRV. That particular model year has had a history of major problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter