Debt Dumpers 2020

Hi all. I know that I have been MIA for a while. Things have just felt really busy overall and I hated that I felt like I didn't have time to catch up on all the posts. I decided that doesn't matter, just start back up and hopefully I can figure out what I missed as I go along. I hope everyone is doing well.

I had a sweet baby on August 21 named Laurance Xavier. He is super chill and sleeps like a professional. He is now 8 weeks old and sleeping 10 hours straight at night. We bought a used Snoo for $600. I was somewhat skeptical, but it has been an amazing investment. Some cuteness for your day:

SO SUPER CUTE!
(Also, nice Pooh Bear accent.)
Congratulations 🎉🎈🍾🎊

omg, he is beautiful. Congratulations!!! :hug: :dance3::cheer2::thumbsup2:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Juggling 2 babies takes a lot of your time so don't ever feel like you need to catch up with all the posts from everyone in order to leave one of your own. It's great to hear from you! :wave:

Oops, I forgot why I was here. The cuteness distracted me.
I PAID OFF A $40,000 student loan!!
It had been more.
I still have another... $225k. :(
Just keep on hustlin’.

:scared: :faint:
Yikes, and I thought it felt like climbing a mountain to attack our mortgage. Like the saying goes, "The journey of 1000 miles begins with one step."
Keep on trekking, one step at a time. You'll get there!

Oops, I forgot why I was here. The cuteness distracted me.
I PAID OFF A $40,000 student loan!!
It had been more.
I still have another... $225k. :(
Just keep on hustlin’.

Congrats on paying off the $40K student loan. You are in the same boat as my daughter who got her doctorate in Pharmacy. She has about $249K in student loans and while she makes very good money, making that monthly student loan payment is a killer (she actually dumped some savings onto the loan during this period when the interest was put on hold). Keep swimming and you will get there! Congrats!

Keep swimming and you will get there!
It's true! One payment at a time and keeping your eyes ahead. @Carol_ Don't fall into the trap that you aren't doing well because $40k is HUGE! Also, make sure your current loan has the best rates. 2020 has been a kick-in-the-butt for all of us, but some financing companies dropped their rates. You may have some significant savings if your loan company doesn't have the best rate.

Congrats on paying off the $40K student loan. You are in the same boat as my daughter who got her doctorate in Pharmacy. She has about $249K in student loans and while she makes very good money, making that monthly student loan payment is a killer (she actually dumped some savings onto the loan during this period when the interest was put on hold). Keep swimming and you will get there! Congrats!

That’s a house payment. Good luck.

That’s a house payment. Good luck.

Everyone thinks that she should be financially set because she does make good money but by the time she pays her mortgage and student loan payment and utilities and food, there isn't alot left and the majority goes to interest because there really are no favorable interest rates for student loans (she did consolidate). Sad part is that when she files her income taxes, she can't deduct any of the interest that she paid since she is single and makes too much money. Sort of like a Catch 22. Sad that someone who wanted an education so badly, is saddled with this kind of debt.

Everyone thinks that she should be financially set because she does make good money but by the time she pays her mortgage and student loan payment and utilities and food, there isn't alot left and the majority goes to interest because there really are no favorable interest rates for student loans (she did consolidate). Sad part is that when she files her income taxes, she can't deduct any of the interest that she paid since she is single and makes too much money. Sort of like a Catch 22. Sad that someone who wanted an education so badly, is saddled with this kind of debt.

Looks like an option would be to buy a house and roll over the student loan into a HELOC as she builds up equity. If I had to do it all over again, I would have bought a house in my 20s, rather than my 30s.

What I make is really what I have left over after normal spending. That’s my mental math. How much I make isn’t as important as what’s left over to save.

Guys, they ordered the wrong door AGAIN. (French doors going from inside out to our deck to replace old slider doors). The one we put half the total down on in August. The one that they kept pushing back installation date and said yesterday when they called to confirm that everything was fine. The installer came at 8:30 this morning to measure and said he was going to get the door and I didn't hear from him again so called the office three hours later and was told this one wasn't right either. They were apparently trying to figure out what to do and a manager is apparently going to call me today. So frustrated. We have the bathroom repairs/improvements scheduled for next week and I just wanted all this done already. So frustrated.

Guys, they ordered the wrong door AGAIN. (French doors going from inside out to our deck to replace old slider doors). The one we put half the total down on in August. The one that they kept pushing back installation date and said yesterday when they called to confirm that everything was fine. The installer came at 8:30 this morning to measure and said he was going to get the door and I didn't hear from him again so called the office three hours later and was told this one wasn't right either. They were apparently trying to figure out what to do and a manager is apparently going to call me today. So frustrated. We have the bathroom repairs/improvements scheduled for next week and I just wanted all this done already. So frustrated.
Have to wonder if they are so busy with other projects and not paying attention. Whatever is the reason, twice the wrong door ordered must be frustrating!

Have to wonder if they are so busy with other projects and not paying attention. Whatever is the reason, twice the wrong door ordered must be frustrating!
The office called me to apologize and say they ordered it again. I asked them to send me a screenshot of what they ordered and it looks right. We’re back on the schedule for mid-November, just hope it will really work out.

Hi all. I know that I have been MIA for a while. Things have just felt really busy overall and I hated that I felt like I didn't have time to catch up on all the posts. I decided that doesn't matter, just start back up and hopefully I can figure out what I missed as I go along. I hope everyone is doing well.

I had a sweet baby on August 21 named Laurance Xavier. He is super chill and sleeps like a professional. He is now 8 weeks old and sleeping 10 hours straight at night. We bought a used Snoo for $600. I was somewhat skeptical, but it has been an amazing investment. Some cuteness for your day:

Glad to hear from you, and what a cute baby!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter