December 1st, 2017 - 5-Night Eastern Caribbean Repo Cruise from San Juan to Miami

Who's joining us on our cruise adventure?! We haven't actually booked the cruise yet--we'll be booking it at the end of the month while on the Wonder. This will be cruise number 15 for me and 16 for my husband. Sooo...when do we start packing...I mean planning?!

I'll keep this post updated with info as we go!

Cruise Schedule
Dec 1: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Dec 2: Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:30am-5:00pm
Dec 3: Tortola, B.V.I. 9:30am-2:30pm
Dec 4: At Sea
Dec 5: Castaway Cay 9:30am-4:45pm
Dec 6: Miami 7:30am

View attachment 205138

Disboards only FE list
*If you're interested in joining the FE just send me a PM. Please include the following info: stateroom number, names of travelers, ages and genders of the kiddos, any allergies, and any favorite characters. This is a disboards only list; as the site that shall not be named also has lists going. I'll officially close the list November 1st, but I'll continue to add people until about a week before the cruise. The late comers will have a label of "Pixie Dust", as they may not receive gifts from everyone.

Roll Call
hamm1207/N65PA: Sarah/Clint/DD (2 at time of cruise) B2B with Dec 6th Bahamas Room 5132
linetbo: me/DD (17)/mom
WillandJennB: 2
Donald & Daisy Duck: DW/DH/Adult kid (25) & partner/Adult kid (23) & partner
joe white
cjdemille
tguy
cmbar
wishiwasindisneyjen
nciaravella
gth850x
StephJaxmom
Joe White
RedSox68
DapperSailor3
saremmons
MelissaE1: DW/DH
Roxiezeus
NR10
CGC33A: 2 friends
Natalie Stevenson
Mom4myBunch
Tiffani McLean

HI Hamm1207
Is there an email or facebook page where we can list cabin numbers, members traveling with us and such?
I have been in one other Fish Extender Group and still am learning how all of this works.
Appreciate your help in getting this organized and look forward to the cruise

HI Hamm1207
Is there an email or facebook page where we can list cabin numbers, members traveling with us and such?
I have been in one other Fish Extender Group and still am learning how all of this works.
Appreciate your help in getting this organized and look forward to the cruise

If you're looking to join the Disboards only FE list, I'll send you a link to the FE list and it has the info for the others on the list. I'll add your info to the list (just send me a PM once you have 10 posts), or you can post your info here and I'll put it on the FE list. There may be some room left on the FB FE lists, but I'm not sure.

Hi Hamm1207
I hope this is considered a PM
I would like to join the FE group, and had fun doing so on the last Disney cruise.
I appreciate your touching base about this.
My husband and I will be on board, and look to being on the Magic
Mom4mybunch

Hi Hamm1207
I hope this is considered a PM
I would like to join the FE group, and had fun doing so on the last Disney cruise.
I appreciate your touching base about this.
My husband and I will be on board, and look to being on the Magic
Mom4mybunch
That'll work! I'll add you to the list. What's your stateroom number? Do you want me to add your names?

Hello Hamm1207
If you please could email address where I could on the information that would be great.
Mom4mybunch

We're off to visit the Mouse, so if I don't get back to you right away or this week...don't fret!

Just noticed the same thing. I guess San Juan is set. A bit disappointed as it takes away some of the excitement of a cruise having to worry if We are going to have problems with the hotel and getting transportation to hotel from airport. And that's if we get to airport.

We have a flight from Baltimore to San Juan the day before but it gets in at 5:20 pm. Do you think this will be a problem. I'm hearing they aren't having flights arriving after sundown.
Anyone else worried about this?
We're also flying out of BWI and have been stressing like crazy! Our hotel canceled on us and I couldn't find another nearby for under $435 so we are now arriving Dec. 1 and so bummed to be boarding the ship later. I spoke to one of the shuttle drivers who said they just resumed operations this week, so it sounds like ground transportation shouldn't be a problem for you. Fingers crossed!

http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/home/

Looks like the port is open to homeporting operations and the international airport is fully operational. Check the above link for the status of the hotel you are staying at. RCCL is already homeporting out of PR so there must be at least some ground transportation available to get 3000 guests from the airport to the port. Other than the push back on embarkation and the Tortola/sea day possible change, it looks like this cruise will go on as scheduled.
I was so excited when I first discovered the puertoriconow site, but am really disappointed with how inaccurate their hotel info has been. Many hotels it claims are open are ONLY accepting first responders. I did call one of the shuttle companies and they said they resumed normal operations this week, so we should be good to go for ground transportation.

The Sheraton Old San Juan just canceled our hotel reservation. I will need to change my flight or find another hotel. Any suggestions?
The front desk agent I spoke to today said many places that have water don't have electricity and vice versa. She said Embassy Suites is mostly on generators and gets electricity part of the day but then loses it again, so they will only serve First Responders until Dec. 16. We decided to fly in Friday, but it is nerve-wracking hoping there won't be a flight delay.

Who's joining us on our cruise adventure?! We haven't actually booked the cruise yet--we'll be booking it at the end of the month while on the Wonder. This will be cruise number 15 for me and 16 for my husband. Sooo...when do we start packing...I mean planning?!

I'll keep this post updated with info as we go!

Cruise Schedule
Dec 1: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Dec 2: Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:30am-5:00pm
Dec 3: Tortola, B.V.I. 9:30am-2:30pm
Dec 4: At Sea
Dec 5: Castaway Cay 9:30am-4:45pm
Dec 6: Miami 7:30am

View attachment 205138

Disboards only FE list
*If you're interested in joining the FE just send me a PM. Please include the following info: stateroom number, names of travelers, ages and genders of the kiddos, any allergies, and any favorite characters. This is a disboards only list; as the site that shall not be named also has lists going. I'll officially close the list November 1st, but I'll continue to add people until about a week before the cruise. The late comers will have a label of "Pixie Dust", as they may not receive gifts from everyone.

Roll Call
hamm1207/N65PA: Sarah/Clint/DD (2 at time of cruise) B2B with Dec 6th Bahamas Room 5132
linetbo: me/DD (17)/mom
WillandJennB: 2
Donald & Daisy Duck: DW/DH/Adult kid (25) & partner/Adult kid (23) & partner
joe white
cjdemille
tguy
cmbar
wishiwasindisneyjen
nciaravella
gth850x
StephJaxmom
Joe White
RedSox68
DapperSailor3
saremmons
MelissaE1: DW/DH
Roxiezeus
NR10
CGC33A: 2 friends
Natalie Stevenson
Mom4myBunch
Tiffani McLean
Is there a number you are planning to cut off the FE list? This will be my 3rd cruise, but we've never done FE. It sounds fun and I'm considering it, but I'm a little worried I will get in over my head if there are tons of participants. Any advice?

Just a heads up. Holiday inn express has canceled all of their reservations. We r trying to find another hotel. Any recommendations?

Hampton Inn and suites just cancelled our reservation. Time to rework flights I guess. Anyone know of a hotel taking reservations?

We are flying from Washington Reagan and I think are going to try to get to Fort Launderdale, stay over night and then do the flight from there to PR on the morning of the cruise since hotels at this point look like they wont be an option. I also noticed hotels showing availability on travelocity/expedia and then the actual hotel website says no availability for anyone but first responders.

We are flying from Washington Reagan and I think are going to try to get to Fort Launderdale, stay over night and then do the flight from there to PR on the morning of the cruise since hotels at this point look like they wont be an option. I also noticed hotels showing availability on travelocity/expedia and then the actual hotel website says no availability for anyone but first responders.

San Juan Airport Hotel has availabilities. They say they are about 20 min from pier

Hampton Inn and suites just cancelled our reservation. Time to rework flights I guess. Anyone know of a hotel taking reservations?

Did you get a reason for the cancel? I'm so nervous. I have 8 people going and I'm so afraid our Marriott hotel (miramar) is going to cancel on us too late. They have told me via email they are on generators and they didn't get hit hard at all, but still seeing you and others having their reservation cancelled makes me really nervous. I guess we can stay at the airport but man I am really hating this trip. If I try to book another flight out on Friday I am so nervous we won't get there in time.

Anyone know if the DCL shuttle will be working? I guess thats a moot point since DCL won't be to San juan before that.

Dear Sarah (Hamm1207),

We will be going on our first Disney Cruise in December! We are very interested in joining the fish extender, but am very new to this blog and I do not know how to send you a private message with our information. How can I send you this information privately? I have not yet posted 10 times? We have 4 adults and 5 children traveling. Can't wait!

Thanks so much for your help and also for coordinating!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter