December 1st, 2017 - 5-Night Eastern Caribbean Repo Cruise from San Juan to Miami

Our flight choices were either 7am or 1:30pm, so we went with the 1:30pm since we're tired of getting up at 3 to be at the airport :tongue:.
LOL I hear you on that. I think we were up at 2:30 for our Panama cruise, but we were also heading to WDW first for a few days.

Welcome to the cruise! It's nice to hear from his better...I mean other half :tongue:. Disney fixes are a requirement. We've stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort in the past, and we enjoyed it. Don't forget to get your FP+s as soon as you can--especially for seven dwarf mine ride and frozen. Hopefully it won't be in the 90s for ya'll while you're at WDW. If you have an questions for the cruise, feel free to ask away!
Oh she is most certainly the better half :). And, I will give her huge cheers for getting our Memory Maker last night before the price jumped today.

141 day mark! Woooo!

We are looking at changing out plans and going to San Juan either the 29th or the 30th and spending the night/s. Thinking of staying at the Sheraton Old San Juan (right across from the port) and, possibly, driving either back to Ohio (doing the drive in 4 weeks!!!) or staying a night or 2 in WDW. We can't wait for this cruise and are really looking forward to meeting all of you!

Heading down early and getting a nice relaxing start to the cruise sounds good! A night or two at WDW post cruise sounds good too! Perhaps you can do both. We're looking forward to the cruise too! It'll be nice to meet you guys!

I'm not as concerned about the post cruise flight, its more the pre-cruise flight down. The more I contemplate it, the more I'm concerned about our 35 min layover in atlanta. Probably will make the changes in the morning.

I'm not as concerned about the post cruise flight, its more the pre-cruise flight down. The more I contemplate it, the more I'm concerned about our 35 min layover in atlanta. Probably will make the changes in the morning.

I live in atlanta, well about 35 minutes south of ATL. I would not take a 35 minute layover at all! ATL is the worlds busiest airport, and it's still growing. If your inbound flight into ATL is delayed at all, you'll miss your connection.

Thats my fear... I think I have a plan, but it involves a redeye into San Juan arriving Friday AM. Just gotta talk to DCL tomorrow to see what options I have. Wish me luck!

We'll wave "Hi!" from I-75 as we drive down in a few weeks!

Thats my fear... I think I have a plan, but it involves a redeye into San Juan arriving Friday AM. Just gotta talk to DCL tomorrow to see what options I have. Wish me luck!

We'll wave "Hi!" from I-75 as we drive down in a few weeks!
Good idea! We always say "time to spare? Travel by air!" That's why we also highly recommend never flying in the day of the cruise. When are ya'll heading down to WDW again?

The site that shall not be named has an exchange going....would you like me to start a disboards only exchange? (note: Admin i can reword this if needed--just let me know!)

Good idea! We always say "time to spare? Travel by air!" That's why we also highly recommend never flying in the day of the cruise. When are ya'll heading down to WDW again?
LOL! I love the quote! Technically, the flight takes off the 30th, just gets into San Juan before anyone wakes up (4am I think)... We have never had a problem (when I was a lot younger), but we also tended to leave out of Port Canaveral or Ft Lauderdale.

We are beginning the drive around 3:00PM Aug 11, expected to get into Disney around 10:00AM Saturday.

LOL! I love the quote! Technically, the flight takes off the 30th, just gets into San Juan before anyone wakes up (4am I think)... We have never had a problem (when I was a lot younger), but we also tended to leave out of Port Canaveral or Ft Lauderdale.

We are beginning the drive around 3:00PM Aug 11, expected to get into Disney around 10:00AM Saturday.

Awesome! We'll be in WDW starting Aug 16th for a few days. Please drive safe!

Nice! We are there till the 19th. Kinda upset that I'm missing the GMR's last day though. We are in MK the 13th, and between ADRs and FPs, there is no way we could shoot over to HS.

Nice. Yeah, we're upset that we're missing it too! We were there two weekends ago (at DHS) and skipped GMR. Now we're kicking ourselves because we should have ridden it one last time. I'm not sure what we're doing which days---gotta look at the FP+ reservations :tongue:. Did you hear that DCL is building not two but three new ships! We're super excited for those--except that it looks like they're going to be bigger ships. We prefer the smaller ships--plus the smaller ships are usually cheaper.

I was up at 6:45am at our 60 day mark making those FP+ reservations. Doing River Journey instead of FOP (unsure of the seating config). We did! I like the smaller ships too, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with!:):):)

Hi everyone! :wave:
We just booked yesterday for this trip. My husband called to say he still had vacation time to put in for and I said, well.....I saw this cruise had FL resident rates......couldn't believe he said YES!

Trying to work out the logistics, want to fly out of FLL to use SW points but we come back into MIA port so need transportation. Uber? Also need to find a one night hotel in San Juan. Looking forward to this trip. We will be setting sail on my husband's birthday :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter