December 2017 Car Rental Watch

I've never seen deals over the holidays, but I'd keep checking. I always book for the holidays as far out as I can. As we get closer, I rarely have seen it lower.

That's what I was afraid of. Since flights are so expensive as well, I'm thinking of getting a one way rental for the drive down and flying home (I was able to get a cheap flight home). Rental prices are the same regardless of whether I do the one way or rent down there, which is crazy.

Sorry to hear that nvrenoughdisney. Since it is the holidays, all the prices seem to jack up. I hope you can find a good price for the flight down as well as the rental. I think all rentals have been higher this year. But oddly, rental going out of Ft. Lauderdale, in a few weeks, went almost half price the other day, since when I booked a few months ago. Haven't seen my Orlando ones in October or December get any lower than I have from months ago. But, prices for both flights and rentals tend to bounce around, so I would keep rinsing and repeating looking at both every so often. I hope you get lucky for both.

Boy! Am I glad I booked our van through Alamo back in May. 10dyas with the passholder rate for $335! Of course I would like to get it lower but since the rate currently is over $700 I guess I can't complain!

Dollar has been dropping a little each week. Always look for the city specials.

I'm sort of new to this. Did you type that code on the Alamo website or the Costco website? We are booked December 15-23 in an Alamo Standard car for $227 just booked directly through the Costco travel website with no extra code. We are pretty happy with this. (?)

That's after my dates, but I'd think the rates would be similar. Still can't find anything for less that $300 right now. I'm going to keep checking.

For those who have rented out of MCO before, how inconvenient is it to rent from a company that uses a shuttle opposed to in terminal? How long is the shuttle ride? How frequently does it arrive? Thanks!

Just checked Alamo rates for 9 days beginning of December. Down quite a bit from $700+ to $400+. Will continue to watch hoping to get below the $300+ I booked some time ago.

Just checked Alamo rates for 9 days beginning of December. Down quite a bit from $700+ to $400+. Will continue to watch hoping to get below the $300+ I booked some time ago.

I keep checking as well, still at $386 for my 9 days in early December, which is WAY too high compared to previous years.

Yesterday I booked a Dollar city special for a compact for 10 days in early December at $255.00. Also holding on to my Alamo reservation for the same size/dates for $281. And that's with the AP and Visa discount! I'd prefer Alamo, but if they don't drop it looks like Dollar wins!

Yay, Alamo is finally going down! Booked a mid size for $50 less! My mom also got a way better price for our trip next week.

Has anyone had luck finding a minivan for a week in early/mid Dec? I'm seeing $600-900. I've gotten under $200 in the past. Must be bc it's December? Ugh!

Has anyone had luck finding a minivan for a week in early/mid Dec? I'm seeing $600-900. I've gotten under $200 in the past. Must be bc it's December? Ugh!

I have barely gotten a midsize for $200 anytime in the last year. Prices have gone way up in general.

Nope, prices are HIGH this year. I've traveled in December in past years and never seen prices this high for early in the month. I'm still over $300 for a Standard size car -- hoping they start dropping, or else I may just forgo the rental this year and use ME and a cab to get me where I need to go off property.

I booked in March when I first booked my trip and booked a van for $225 for a week in hopes that it would go down. My flight arrives a day earlier then planned so now I have to book a one day rental and go back to the airport to get a new one. The cost of this will be $275. The current cost of a rental for that time is $451. It is crazy

There is an Enterprise weekend deal for $9.99 a day for compact and some other type of vehicle. We are flying into Tampa on a Friday and I think I get get it to work if we Uber to an Enterprise near Tampa International. Has anyone done one of their weekend deals? Could we return it on Sunday and still get the low rates?

Currently have a standard booked through Alamo using Costco contract ID and free one car class upgrade. Dates are from December 7-20 and rate I have right now is $290.80 for a full size upgraded from standard class.

FYI, MCO doesn't have a standard aisle, so you would get a full size car even if you booked a standard car. You'd be better to book a "free upgrade" to a standard car, and get the full size anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!