****December 2020 Thread****

Hey all - add me to the December travelers. Will be at Gran Destino tower Nov 29-Dec 5. Am excited to go back. My last trip was last August and I was thinking I was going to wait until 2021 but couldn't resist going at Christmas again. I figured my Aulani trip last month would be my Disney fix for the year. LOL. Planing to try the Topolino's character breakfast the morning of the party. Also want to try Toledo. Looking forward to this trip

Excited beyond believe to say we have booked flights, park tickets, and accommodations!

I am giving myself a 2-week retirement celebration. One DD immediately signed on to join me and we are hoping the her big sis will be joining us, as well. We arrive on the evening of Nov 28, and will settle into a Windsor Hills townhouse for our stay. We prefer lots of personal space over being in the Disney bubble. It is always a discussion, but never an argument. Separate bedrooms and bathrooms plus roomy common areas keep us all happy at a most reasonable price.

Our Disney park clock will seat on Nov 30, with 8-day, single park passes this time. Our strategy is to rope drop each park once, and probably leave mid-afternoon. We will also start after noon in each park and stay for nighttime entertainment. Unless we change our minds - LOL!

This year, we will pass on MVMCP, having done the party quite a few times. We want to tour the resorts and spend time at Disney Springs, try some new things and some old favourites, too. Late evening dessert at Amorette’s has become a favourite. We just love the holiday food, decorations and atmosphere. We have dubbed this our “No Burgers Required” trip, as the less mature palates are not travelling with us this time, so we can really branch out in restaurant selections.

I would like to explore Celebration a bit, see the lights on Jeeter Bend, the snow, and skating rink. We took in ICE! At Gaylord Palms in 2018 and it was very, very cool... not just literally. Temperature-wise, it was colder than we could ever imagine and we are used to Canadian winter. Gaylord Palms is worth at least a drive-by, as it is beautifully decorated, outside and in. If time permits, we wouldn’t mind dropping in there for lunch or dinner, but we will stay out of the cold this year.

Has anyone else got their ADR start date marked on their calendar? We do!

We can make our first ADR on June 2. It won’t be in a park, but there are soooo many great options and we have a few months of happy discussion.

Mine's June 1st. Need to get either the Biergarten in Germany or Nine Dragons in China.

Any thoughts or experiences with either of these for the Candlelight Processional Dining Package?

Mine's June 1st. Need to get either the Biergarten in Germany or Nine Dragons in China.

Any thoughts or experiences with either of these for the Candlelight Processional Dining Package?
Mine is June 4th! I keep changing my list of where to dine. We always do Deluxe so we can do a bunch of places but I just can't narrow it down. Biergarten and Nine Dragons were both included last year for CP...I have never dined at either though.

I will say that even WITH a CP package, you need to line up early if you have a popular narrator. 2 years ago we lucked into Neil Patrick Harris for his first show on his first night and people WITH packages lined up before 2pm.

Planning to do the CP package too. Spice Road Table is our favourite so we will eat there. Also aiming for 8:15 pm but it’s Christmas Day. How early should we line up for good seats?

Well I decided to go in a day early so will be there Nov 28-Dec 5 now. Am going to have to spend one night at ASMu then move to GDT but thats ok by me - its just a place to sleep and it gets the job done and gives me more time that I was wanting

Our DD’s high school chorus is performing at candlelight processional in December 2020. I did not see much info about it in the WDW website. Are they only offered at night or are they breakfast, lunch and dinner. Are they only at EPCOT? Are they offered at all restaurants?
Thank you.

Going Nov 30th through December 4th, just me and my husband, and I am so excited!!!! I can’t wait! We’re staying at POFQ.

We have reservations at AoA LM room for the same exact dates as @Wonderball (11/30-12/4). We will be driving down from Minnesota :)
Our trip is tentative because we are saving for a 2022 wedding and pay down some debts faster ... BUT if I'm able to graduate this spring, it will be my graduation present for getting my Master's degree :)

If we end up going, it will be both of our first time going during the winter holiday season.

Have a bounce back booked for December 13-18 at POFQ. Will holiday crowds already be in full swing at that point? Tried to move it up a week but no rooms available at FQ for BB.

Have a bounce back booked for December 13-18 at POFQ. Will holiday crowds already be in full swing at that point? Tried to move it up a week but no rooms available at FQ for BB.
No. It might be busy, but it’s not like Christmas/New Years week, if that’s what you mean.

We are in the process of moving our April trip to Nov.30- Dec. 5. We did that week in 2018 and loved it, so I guess we'll do it again.

Very sad today. I just cancelled our trip for December. Life hit us hard in the past month. My husband lost his very well paying job and I work at a hotel...which is likely closing soon due to Corona. I need my deposit more than I need my trip. We hope to reschedule for 2021. Everyone enjoy your trips!!!

We were always going in December, but also had a DLR April trip that we are now cancelling. So all eyes set on WDW now! I am getting a kick out of many of the videos I am seeing about families who have had to cancel their trips, but are trying to make the best of it. I saw one couple who recreated their cruise at home!

We originally had an April date booked but switched it in November last year. So glad we did that!
I feel so bad for everyone that has had to reschedule or cancel cause of covid. Particularly heartbreaking for all the weddings scheduled to take place at WDW, DL, & DCL :(
Lots of people are rescheduling to December for trips, it seems

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter