****December 2020 Thread****

This thread is relatively quiet compared to the others...I'm kinda surprised.
I thought the same thing. I think once we get within 8 months or so and more people book, and definitely once we hit ADR time. Or once they release fall/winter discounts.

I’ll help keep the thread alive! So I'm still waiting to find out which hotel our dance studio will be required to stay at, but I jumped the gun and added a few days to the front end of that mandatory hotel stay. Unfortunately, my first hotel choice is SOLD OUT of regular rooms (Dolphin). So for now, I have two nights added at Swan and then we will have to transfer over to whatever hotel is chosen. My bet is on Pop. I find out in 13 days!

We booked for our December stay several months ago. We are still giggling! Just can't wait. It is such a fun time of year, anyway. Add a WDW Christmas trip to the mix and you have enough pixie dust to have us giggling through the whole year!

:jumping1:

I just booked our flights this morning!

So far I have paid $141 for this trip LOL

Passes - free with air miles rewards
Flights - free with air miles rewards and evouchers from Air Canada
Resorts - free by converting PC Optimum rewards points into WDW gift cards

Up next is saving for MVMCP tickets and Candlelight Processional Dining Package with the PC Rewards Points!

I just booked our flights this morning!

So far I have paid $141 for this trip LOL

Passes - free with air miles rewards
Flights - free with air miles rewards and evouchers from Air Canada
Resorts - free by converting PC Optimum rewards points into WDW gift cards

Up next is saving for MVMCP tickets and Candlelight Processional Dining Package with the PC Rewards Points!
That's awesome! What airline did you book this far out?

Air Canada!

But there were lots on the air miles website (Delta, Westjet, etc).

Edit to add: Just realized you might be American therefore wouldn't use air miles :)

We're doing WDW from 12/22 to 12/27 this year. It'll be a big family trip with the grandparents all going, plus my brother and his family, and my sister-in-law and her family. (We'll have separate itineraries and be doing our own things, just meeting up for meals on Christmas Day and hanging out at the resort together.)

We are going for my husbands birthday December 13th through 19th. We are staying at Pop on a bounce back offer from last October. Can't wait !!

Hi! Joining in on the December fun. We booked a bounceback for December 4-16th. We are super excited!!!

Booked French Quarter for December 13-18.
Can’t wait!! Possibly will switch resorts but dates are firm.

Finally, after 11 years we are making it back! Me (49) DW (49) DD (23) DS(18) Looks like we'll be headed to POP, AoA, or POR 12/26-1/2. Definitely not our first choice for a time frame. Early December is our preferred, but with both kids planning on being in college (DD graduated college in 2019 but going back for her BSN and DS will be a freshman in college) it's the only time we can guarantee we will all be on vacation and not during the summer months. Super exited to be going, and to be here on the DIS Boards planning with the greatest people on Earth!
Good luck to all going in December, we have had a change in plans and are now going the last full week of June! The kid's schedules and the crowd levels made us rethink our dates. Less time to plan, but now we get to be there sooner!

We're switching to November 28- December 5. That week just worked out better for our family. Now we're crossing our fingers for free dining. Plan is to stay at POP and try out the gondolas. Caribbean Beach would have been our first choice, but standard rooms are already sold out for at least a portion of our stay. So excited for our first Christmas season trip!

We're switching to November 28- December 5. That week just worked out better for our family. Now we're crossing our fingers for free dining. Plan is to stay at POP and try out the gondolas. Caribbean Beach would have been our first choice, but standard rooms are already sold out for at least a portion of our stay. So excited for our first Christmas season trip!
That's seriously the best week to go! We're 12/1-12/7 because we like to arrive on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, but you're there at a wonderful time. Enjoy your first Christmas trip!

If Disney follows last year's FD you (we!) won't get it, however if they follow 2018 and before, we would be in that time frame.

Any thoughts on the Christmas party? We did the Halloween party way back in 2014 and loved it, but from everything I've read, the parties have changed a lot since then. Back then there was little to no wait for rides and it didn't feel super crowded. There are 11 of us, so it would be an expensive night for our group.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the Christmas party? We did the Halloween party way back in 2014 and loved it, but from everything I've read, the parties have changed a lot since then. Back then there was little to now wait for rides and it didn't feel super crowded. There are 11 of us, so it would be an expensive night for our group.
I did it in 2018 and it was crowded, freezing, and we left before fireworks because the kids were tired. And the cookie lines were so long we didn't get any :sad: Vowed never to do it again because I didn't find the value...but this year my husband and I are doing it, just us two. It depends on what your goals are and to manage expectations. We couldn't care less about character photos, so we're going for the parade, atmosphere, and ride overlays - I REALLY hope they do Tomorrowland Speedway again! I haven't seen a 2020 thread yet.

We are going that exact week too and staying at Pop! From what I've read it's a pretty good week to go as it's after Thanksgiving, before Pop Warner and the real Christmas crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!