December 3rd, 2022: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Castaway Cay)

Girl of the South

DIS Veteran
I am trying to start a thread on this cruise. There was no blue link and no directions on how to make one!

Looking forward to this cruise - just PIF. Not worried about signing up for any tours. Just want to "chill" after these two years plus of Covid restrictions. Anybody else out there going on this Merrytime Cruise?

A miracle! Thank you! So, is anyone else going on this cruise? I did look to see that there are a few available cabins. It's an odd time - everyone getting ready for Christmas that week. I am arriving a week ahead of time and driving down to Key West. So by the time I get on the ship, I'll need to relax. Hope to bring a little string of battery powered lights to be festive. The last time I cruised it was November and the weather was really perfect, not too cold and not too hot. The temperature on Castaway Cay, in December, should fall between 68 as a low and 78 as a high. Here's hoping! I am from Nashville and my cohort is from Switzerland and we were supposed to cruise in January but decided to cancel. Welcome to anyone who finds this thread!

Me and my husband are going! So excited! Our last DC was 2008 so I'm sure lots has changed.

Hi Wdw Tink! I was supposed to take the Star Wars cruise on the Fantasy in January but it was just too many hoops to jump through. Where are you coming from? I am from Nashville and my friend is coming from Switzerland. Because both of us our from land locked areas - we are both looking forward to sea air and having some fish dinners. I am not packed but I have a pile of stuff that I probably don't need. Good to know we won't be on a ghost ship all by ourselves. Which ship did you sail on in 2008?

Hi Girl of The South! We are from the Florida Gulf Coast. I have a daughter who lives in Murfreesboro. Yes, I hope more will join the group. Have you done the fish extenders before? I haven't but was curious. We sailed the Wonder in 2008 and it was very nice. Looking forward to the Fantasy!

How long would your drive be to the Port then? My friend and I are driving down to Key West and I have just discovered "Florida's Turnpike" which seems like it would be the easiest route. I went to college in Sarasota in the 70's . . . . but that was a long time ago. I am in Franklin which is maybe 40 minutes north of Murfreesboro. Have you flown into Nashville lately? The airport has just exploded - walking from my Southwest flight to baggage claim a couple of weeks ago was like walking down Broadway on a Saturday night.

The cruise is coming up FAST but the days seem to go really slowly. I have a "pile" of stuff to bring. We'll see what makes the cut. I am bringing binoculars which are heavy, and a few books. I like to read. I saw that there are still places in Palo left, the last time I looked, which was a couple days ago. But I didn't sign up.

I have not done the FishExtenders and not really interested BUT it seems to be popular. I believe you need to join a FB page and sign up for it? To be part of the group of people who have agreed to do it? I am not on FB but I think that's how it works. Seems like a lot of work?

My very first Disney Cruise was on the Wonder in 2002 - a family trip with my Mom, sister, and nieces. Mostly been on the Magic. In 2018 the Dream. I LOVE the smaller ships. The "classic" ships. I have a paper 'map' of the Dream/Fantasy which are hard to find. I'm not going to be a fan of everything being on the App. If you'd like a copy, DM me and I can snail mail you one! I still like paper maps.

Thanks for being the only other person on the ship!

I got my luggage tags today! Yay!

Also, am going to start a little lending library on the Fantasy - in the Cove Cafe. If you have a book you'd like to donate, that would be great. Grassroots movement . . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter