December 6th, 2017 - 4-Night Bahamian from Miami

This looks awesome. We sailed on the Dream a few years back, but are going on the Magic this December. Can't wait. How do we learn more about the fish extender. Didn't know about it in time last cruise definitely want to participate this time.

Since we haven't done the FE part before, just a quick question. We are in two staterooms with 4 adults and 3 kids. Is it best to theme things generationationally or gear it toward a certain age? What do you recommend?
Thanks,
Carneym

Other than the itenerary, is there a daily breakdown of events posted anywhere. I want to start planning to make sure we get everything in. I have three kids, my wife, and my parents joining us on the cruise.

Since we haven't done the FE part before, just a quick question. We are in two staterooms with 4 adults and 3 kids. Is it best to theme things generationationally or gear it toward a certain age? What do you recommend?
Thanks,
Carneym

It's completely up to you. You can give items per stateroom, per family, per person. In the past I've done a gift per stateroom (such a picture frame, coaster), per person (not age related) (lanyards, trading pins, keychains, etc), and per person age related. It really all depends on what you're comfortable with and wish to give. There are multiple threads on Disboards about FE--explaining everything in more detail than I could.

Other than the itenerary, is there a daily breakdown of events posted anywhere. I want to start planning to make sure we get everything in. I have three kids, my wife, and my parents joining us on the cruise.

If you check some trip reports and the disneycruiselineblog you might be able to find some personal navigators (daily schedules) from previous cruises. There are multiple opportunities daily for character meet and greets, activities for the kids, movies playing all day, etc. The kids will also have the opportunity to go to the kids' clubs (depending on their ages).

Cruise is all paid off! Wahoo! Now onto planning what to book in 33 days!

Look alive folks! The cruise is creeping closer each day! The site that shall not be named has an exchange going....would you like me to start a disboards only exchange? (note: Admin i can reword this if needed--just let me know!)

Hi there! This will be my first cruise ever. My son and his sister and her mom will be joining us. I like the idea of the fish extender, to see the kids faces when they see something at the door. Can't wait!

Hi there! This will be my first cruise ever. My son and his sister and her mom will be joining us. I like the idea of the fish extender, to see the kids faces when they see something at the door. Can't wait!

Welcome to disboards and welcome to the cruise!! If you have any questions, please do feel free to ask away! So far, I haven't had any other takers for a disboards only FE, but if I do I'll be sure to create one.

Hi is the list FE group officially stated yet? If so myself and a friend who booked cabin would like to sign up too. Thanks!

Hi is the list FE group officially stated yet? If so myself and a friend who booked cabin would like to sign up too. Thanks!

I haven't started one yet. There is one started on the other site that shall not be mentioned. I am waiting to get a few more people active on the thread before starting a FE list.

Figured I'd check back in to this thread. I was able to finally check in to the cruise and book activities. I'm a total newbie so I basically winged it!

Nothing wrong with winging it! Especially when it comes to a disney cruise. Keep in mind (like at WDW or DL), you won't be able to get everything in. Try to remain open minded and flexible about stuff. What did ya'll decide to do?

Nothing wrong with winging it! Especially when it comes to a disney cruise. Keep in mind (like at WDW or DL), you won't be able to get everything in. Try to remain open minded and flexible about stuff. What did ya'll decide to do?

Yes - we are remaining verrrry flexible. I'll have my 10 yo son, 9 yo daughter, and 2 yo son on the cruise. So I had to be very strategic about the nursery. Rookie mistake - I didn't realize we'd only get 10 hours total of babysitting on the cruise. Anyway, we opted for no shore excursions. We do better when we can 'roam' I think. I have a couples massage booked (!), as well as a bippity boppity boutique appt for my older 2 kids. I also did the wine tasting - thought that would be fun. And took advantage of the adult-only dinner on the 2nd night. That's about it, other than a Frozen meet n' greet. My little one will be SO excited about that.

Maybe you can tell me, but when/where do we see the entertainment shows available on board?

Yes - we are remaining verrrry flexible. I'll have my 10 yo son, 9 yo daughter, and 2 yo son on the cruise. So I had to be very strategic about the nursery. Rookie mistake - I didn't realize we'd only get 10 hours total of babysitting on the cruise. Anyway, we opted for no shore excursions. We do better when we can 'roam' I think. I have a couples massage booked (!), as well as a bippity boppity boutique appt for my older 2 kids. I also did the wine tasting - thought that would be fun. And took advantage of the adult-only dinner on the 2nd night. That's about it, other than a Frozen meet n' greet. My little one will be SO excited about that.

Maybe you can tell me, but when/where do we see the entertainment shows available on board?

I'm fairly certain you can get more than 10 hours of nursery time. You can only prebook 10 hours, and then once on board I believe you can book more--I think it's a first come first served with the extra nursery time. We're traveling with a 2 year old as well--our daughter turns 2 just before the cruise.

The broadway style stage shows are held in the Walt Disney Theater (Deck 4 forward). The live entertainment (such as comedians) will be later in the evening in the adults only area of the ship (Deck 3 forward). There will be a sail away celebration held on the top deck. Each night there are musicians playing by the adult only pool, promenade lounge area, and sometimes in the atrium.

Each night you will receive a personal navigator for the next day. It's kind of like an old tv guide schedule. It will list all of the activities for the day.

Last year we only booked nursery time for our excursions and Palo, but then after the first two nights and a child who didn't want to sit through the show (she would have rather walked around) we ended up booking the nursery for the show each night. We also booked it so that we could watch a movie. Just a heads up (unless it's changed), we had to fill out a sheet of paper each time we dropped off at the nursery (general stuff like if she was allowed to eat the food served, what we brought with us for her, etc).

Hello, My name is Ashlee and I am going on this cruise and CAN NOT WAIT! I will be cruising with my boyfriend of 6 years and his three girls. Their ages are 15, 13, and 10. We are really excided to meet other families and have already purchased our Fish Extender for our stateroom. This is my boyfriends 2nd cruise, my 3rd cruise, and the girls' 1st cruise. It is all our 1st Disney Cruise though. Feel free to reach out and lets meet to exchange fish extender gifts!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter