December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

I am starting to be in the camp (until proven otherwise) that they are purposely not doing FP distribution for things like SDD (and MFSR 2/19+) for that first hour given the massive rope drop crowds created by the RotR boarding group process. I may be wrong, but it seems like it from what can be seen with FP availability.
Not exactly the same, but the first SDD FP was typically 930 for 9a openings - presumably to better handle the rope drop crowd.

Not exactly the same, but the first SDD FP was typically 930 for 9a openings - presumably to better handle the rope drop crowd.
Interesting. I'll give them through Tuesday, which is as long as it's taken them to load extended hour FPs in the past. If they are not loaded by Tuesday, I think we'll be SooL.

Only reason why part of me wishes it was at 7 because I have a feeling it'll be even crazier with later opening times than it was 7. All the people who don't mind missing out on the ride and stroll in later may now go, "well, might as well try it"

I’ve been hoping all along that my week would be moved up to 7:00 for the reason you mentioned. If they leave it at 8:00 I’m going to be tempted to skip DHS on this trip and do a 2nd AK day instead. If they had left it at 9:00 I definitely would have skipped it.

I agree that a 7am open spreads out the crowd more, but not sure if we’ll make it happen, especially if it’s in the 40’s. ;)

Same. I've checked every hour or so. And availability of existing FPs is decreasing. There's next to nothing left on 2/4.

Same. I've checked every hour or so. And availability of existing FPs is decreasing. There's next to nothing left on 2/4.

For mine on 2/7 still a lot left. 8am times are still available for TSM and RnRC.

I did find a 4pm SDD when refreshing, I went ahead and picked that up, but I'm hoping we'll be done with the park by then (if we get an earlyish BG)

Just need to find a 7DMT on the 8th for my birthday to have the holy trinity of FPs (Have a FoP for Thurs, SDD for Fri)

It's tough when they keep changing the times. I did manage to change a couple to accommodate early openings and the one late one. There's not really much to get at HS. I don't see spending a lot of time there after I get a BG. Then again, you never know when your number will be called due to break downs. I'm hoping for the best and am happy with getting TSM and SDD a couple of times on different days.

It's tough when they keep changing the times. I did manage to change a couple to accommodate early openings and the one late one. There's not really much to get at HS. I don't see spending a lot of time there after I get a BG. Then again, you never know when your number will be called due to break downs. I'm hoping for the best and am happy with getting TSM and SDD a couple of times on different days.

Obviously all pending what BG we get, but our plan is to use our FPs at HS, hopefully get SDD for an earlier time, then after that head over to Epoct during lunch time and check out the booth at the arts festival and eat some food there while checking BG status.

being checking all day. Still see plenty of 8am TSM and RnRC for 2/13.

Has anyone seen *any* FPs added since Friday? I don't see any new FPs for my dates - only the ones they added Friday (TSMM, RnRC).

I'm starting to thing that @Runnsally and @GADisneyDad14 may be on to something. Either because they want to spread the rope drop crowds or because they haven't decided on a 7 am or 8 am opening, that we may not see FPs at this time. I think it's a little crazy to load two attractions and not the rest, but what do I know?

Based on the previous thread we've been using as an example, they had to wait from Friday to Tuesday for the new FastPasses to show up so hopefully they come online tomorrow morning!

Based on the previous thread we've been using as an example, they had to wait from Friday to Tuesday for the new FastPasses to show up so hopefully they come online tomorrow morning!
Yup, I read it. But during that time they were adding FPs. They had a lot to load because hours were extended for multiple parks. They were waiting for FoP and 7DMT and could see some FPs getting loaded, just not the ones they wanted. That's why I ask if anyone has seen any FPs loaded since Friday, either pre or post 2/19.

Yup, I read it. But during that time they were adding FPs. They had a lot to load because hours were extended for multiple parks. They were waiting for FoP and 7DMT and could see some FPs getting loaded, just not the ones they wanted. That's why I ask if anyone has seen any FPs loaded since Friday, either pre or post 2/19.
I have seen nothing aside from TSMM and RnRC (and I have been looking frequently - for the last week of February)

Arriving tomorrow and it looks like resorts are pretty much sold out for rest of week. Wondering if this is at all due to Super Bowl being in Miami
the crowd levels don’t look that bad on TP but now wondering if they will actually be much higher...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter