December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

It was just a couple hours ago. I've been searching for FP on 2/3 and 2/4 since the minute it changed and there hasn't been anything yet. So you didn't miss anything!

trying to move a 2pm FP on 2/4 to earlier in the day!!

You're not. We're going 2/5 and it's scheduled for 9am as of now. My family is always good to go early, but we're going with another large family and I don't know how they'll be. We're all staying in my rental house in Orlando together so I can't just leave them if they're not ready. Opening at 9am and us planning to be at the gate by 8am is far more doable than an hour earlier, especially since we're all accustomed to central time.
Lol funny

3 hrs in and i hope i dont ever wait that long

maybe they forgot?

I have not been able to find any fast passes to change to for 2/17,19,22 at DHS. they appear to have not added any for the 8am start

Ahhhh I can't wait!! I booked a spontaneous trip for Feb 8/9 so I got crappy FastPasses so this might be my chance to get SDD!

These things can sometimes take as much as a day. Usually when the normal Friday hour park update occurs, it’s not until later that night or the the next day that we start seeing availability. And sometimes not all attractions are added at the same time, it’s more of a rolling process. Good luck everyone!

This is how this is going to work. I’m going to tell everyone when I give up. Two minutes later you will all get the FPs of your dreams.
Anyone know -- have they ever made park hours earlier and NOT expanded FPs? Wondering if that's the case with the reasoning being they can let people rope drop and do standby and accommodate more people?

These things can sometimes take as much as a day. Usually when the normal Friday hour park update occurs, it’s not until later that night or the the next day that we start seeing availability. And sometimes not all attractions are added at the same time, it’s more of a rolling process. Good luck everyone!

So you are telling me I’m going to be up for the next 24 hours doing this . . .

Perhaps we can work in shifts and send up the Mickey Mouse version of the Batman signal when SDD loads.

Actually extra time is good, I still need to decide exactly what I want to shift around! :)

While folks going the week of 2/3 are all here and hours have changed, I’d love some advice.

We are staying for 8 nights at the Poly starting 1/31. I made FPs for three MK days, 1 AK day and 3 HS days. DH isn’t an EPCOT fan and my three girls are at this lovely age where they still love Disney Junior and Frozen but also love roller coasters (ToT and RnR) and Star Wars.
But, I’d like a resort or very least sleep in day. We have HS on 2/3 (7am day), 2/4 (8am day with a 8am H&V ADR) and 2/6 (8am day with a 8am H&V ADR). I’m thinking we make one of the HS days our resort/sleep in day and not go to HS at all that day. And I think the best day for it will be 2/3.

The other two days —2/4 and 2/6 — I figure we can get there at 7:30 and get through the ADR line by 8am to try for boarding passes and get to H&V.

What do you think? 2/3 best?

And what about my plan with the 8am H&V?

so, what you’re saying is we’re going to be here all night?

so, what you’re saying is we’re going to be here all night?

lol, maybe. 8-)

I posted this in another thread but one thing I’m curious about is if they offer MFSR FPs during that first hour or if they do like they did with FEA and not start FPs until a bit later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!