December park hours w/ Rise of the Resistance opening

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW on December 6- December 14. I am trying to do FP+ planning and touring plans for each park. This will be immediately after the opening to ROTR at DHS. We will be staying on property and can take advantage of EMHs or EEMHs depending on what WDW is going to do. We already have our ADRs including the CP Dining Package. When do you think that they will set December park hours as far as DSH and/or EEMHs at DHS ar concerned? We have ressies at Oga's, Droid Depot, and Savi's to do our SWGE merchandise, but we are really trying to plan out RotR and Smuggler's Run for two mornings. Does any one know if/when there will be an update on December hours to accompany the opening of RotR? Any help would be appreciated.

We are going to WDW on December 6- December 14. I am trying to do FP+ planning and touring plans for each park. This will be immediately after the opening to ROTR at DHS. We will be staying on property and can take advantage of EMHs or EEMHs depending on what WDW is going to do. We already have our ADRs including the CP Dining Package. When do you think that they will set December park hours as far as DSH and/or EEMHs at DHS ar concerned? We have ressies at Oga's, Droid Depot, and Savi's to do our SWGE merchandise, but we are really trying to plan out RotR and Smuggler's Run for two mornings. Does any one know if/when there will be an update on December hours to accompany the opening of RotR? Any help would be appreciated.

In terms of the “regular” park hours adjustments that are often made closer to the month in question, last year the month of December had two “waves” of park hour updates as we got closer to month - the first was Friday 10/12/18 which covered November and some December. The second was Friday 11/16/18 which covered Dec through 1/5/19.

Of course, really hard to say what they may do with announcing any special hours (or not) around the second ride or when they might do it this year given the circumstances.

Not sure if that really answers your question, but hope it helps.

It does to a certain extent, but I wonder how far in advance Extra Magic Hours were put in place for Pandora and/ or SWGE?

It does to a certain extent, but I wonder how far in advance Extra Magic Hours were put in place for Pandora and/ or SWGE?

The special run of EMHs currently going on was announced 5/4/2019 (key Star Wars fan date), so 117 days before SWGE opened. We’re currently 87 days away from RotR opening.

Pandora special EMHs were announced in two waves.... the first announcement covered a 39 day period from 5/27/17-7/4/17. The second announcement came 6/19/17 and covered a 46 day period 7/5/17-8/19/17.

You have season and park dynamic differences with SWGE vs Pandora that aren’t really apples to apples, so hard to say what - if anything - any of that tells us.

Waiting here too. Going 12/4-9. Expect they will likely adjust the schedule for when RotR opens based on how crowds at SWGE are through this fall. Expecting some morning EEMH around 12/5.

We went around the same time in 2017, and Disney didn’t release final updated park hours until a month or less out, after our FP+ and ADRs were all set. They ended up opening MK an extra hour early (7 am instead of 8 am) on select EMH mornings on MVMCP days. Messed up my morning plans. Other than this I will note that the current posted park hrs pretty much match those from 2017. Not that this means anything. I expect SWGE and RotR will scramble everything.

WDW just updated their HS park hours for early Dec. on their website - on my dates (maybe yours), 12/1-12/6, they've moved back closing from 8 PM to 9 PM.

WDW just updated their HS park hours for early Dec. on their website - on my dates (maybe yours), 12/1-12/6, they've moved back closing from 8 PM to 9 PM.

That puts quite the consideration into my AK to EPCOT plans and wondering if I might be able to squeeze in MFSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!