"Deceptive site ahead" screen.

Might be an ad causing your browser to throw a security alert. Or it might be an ad itself doing it as a scam.

This issue is not related to this forum / site but is something either on your machine or via your service provider.

This issue is not related to this forum / site but is something either on your machine or via your service provider.
I am no longer having this problem but that seems strange considering when it happens this is the only site it happens on.

If you have an addiin to your web browser (for browsing protection, like an anti virus), it's possible that there may have been an ad or something that was triggering it or the definitions for that add in contained an error that was trying to block this site for an unknown reason. Similarly, an actual anti-virus program with an error in its definitions could have been getting triggered when trying to load this site. It went away on its own when the definitions got updated.

Last edited:
I am no longer having this problem but that seems strange considering when it happens this is the only site it happens on.
Thanks tor saying this. I had the same issue you did: it only happened on the DIS, no other sites I visited. And only those two days.

I got a red screen suspicious screen while using The DIS sometime last month but did not see it in the OP's link above.

The best thing for the red screen was to close down the browser window immediately.

But today (May 9) I got this one while in the transportation forum; the forum page in its entirety changed to this (I added the circles and arrows and large print comments myself):

mal001.jpg

That's a problem with the client device, NOT a problem with DIS boards. If you look near the top, you see that the site connected to is "cloudfront.net" and not disboards.com. This is almost certainly the result of malware of some sort (which includes those terrible search and shop add-on bars for browsers - these are malware, NOT utilities) on the client sending the web browser "somewhere else."

An additional clue here to this being malware-driven is where it says "Firewall has detected..." A true warning like that from Microsoft would NEVER use that phrasing / wording. It would either say "Windows Firewall..." or "Windows has detected...".

Get yourself a really high quality anti-malware (like MalwareBytes) tool and let it strip the bad stuff off of your computer.

Me too, and this is definitely an ad server problem. This does not occur from devices with ublock origin enabled

I cannot access Disboards on my iphone or ipad, using either Chrome or Safari. It just blocked 20+ ad popups. Cleared all data twice. Not having any issues with other websites. No problems on my desktop.

Almost every time I click on a link for a forum or on my alerts, a pop up ad comes up in its place. This has been happening for maybe a week now and only on this site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter