Deck 2 - any problems?

FredS

DIS Veteran
A little worried about deck 2. There are a couple of areas on the deck plan where there are not cabins, but I am not sure what is in the space (laundry, storage, etc.) or if there are noise problems from deck above. Any info from those who have stayed on Deck 2 and your experience, good or bad, with particular cabins would be greatly appreciated!!

We were on deck 2 on our 4-01 cruise(2108 I think) and we are on 2 again for our cruise in 2 weeks. We liked it , very quiet, a easy walk up the steps to deck 4. No problems at all!:p

We stayed in cabins 2550, 2552 on the 1/4 Magic. These are mid-ship, just a few doors down the hall from the mid-ship elevators.

No noise, great location!! Would definiately stay there again!!!

The rest of our group stayed on Deck 2 forward in cabins 2506, 2508, 2514 & 2618. They also said they loved the location...no noise problems at all, but the waves did come up mid-way to their port hole during rough seas...said it looked awesome!!!!

Best part is the convenience in getting on and off the ship in ports....no waiting to get to the elevators for higher floors...just walk down the hall and by pass all the chaos!!!

MJ

So do you get on and off the ship on deck two? I had not even thought to ask this question before.........

Dave does have a list of some possible noisy rooms on deck 2, b/c they are right below some of the

clubs.http://www.dcltribute.com/faq/deck2noise.htm

We stayed in room 2021 and 2019 and didn't hear any noise except from 2021. That room is right next to where the clean sheets and towels are kept. It was quiet at night.

We have stayed on Dec 2 on two different sailings. I can't remember the first room number on the Magic but it was Aft portside and it was very quite. We really liked being on two at that time.

When we went on the Wonder in November stayed in Room 2616 and we didn't sleep the first night because we found out later that we were under the galley and they were working all night making so much noise (squeaking, banging, machines running). Thankfully, Guest Services switched us to another room on Deck 7, and it was smooth sailing after that. I would probably stay on Deck 2 again but I would definitely find out ahead of time what was above me.

Often the unmarked areas are crew areas that will not cause you any noise problems. There is a room near the secret porthole rooms that I think is used for storage of the luggage, as I've read posts from people who have said it gets very noisy there on the last night. But we've stayed in SPRs multiple times and have never heard any sounds related to that room. There is a crew area next door to 5650...I have no idea what it is used for, but again, I've never heard a sound from it in all of the times that I've been in that stateroom. Your noise potential on deck 2 is probably greater from overhead than it is from being next door to or across from an unmarked area.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Other than Port Canaveral (you board on Deck 3), you usually get off and on the ship on Deck 1, not Deck 2.....I meant that you only need to walk up one flight of stairs instead of waiting for the elevator which can take forever when everyone starts getting back onboard after a port day!!!

MJ

We were on Deck two and it was fine. We dont spend much time in the room so why pay the big bucks for a room you are never in. That is just our view. But we did not have any trouble.

Cruised on the Wonder 2/20 thru 2/23, deck 2, room 2536. The only noise we had was from Wave Bands (we think :D ) We heard the bass playing through the ceiling, but we also were in bed by 11:30, and I guess it wasn't so bad, as we were able to get to sleep! Stayed in 2550 also, no noise.

We loved deck 2. Use Dave's noisy cabin list or post your cabin numbers and most likely someone will give you their opinion. I know the area around 2108 was nice and quiet. This time we will have connecting 2102 & 2104 and hope they will be quiet too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter