Decorations on balcony...yes or no

Do you like lights on balconies?

• Yes, very festive and fun to see!

• No, I'd prefer to see only professional decorating by the resort to fit the theme.

• Neutral....whatever the occupant of the room prefers.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lesley

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what everyone really thinks about decorations on the balconies of our DVC resorts...for whatever holidays. I'm talking about lights mainly....since I've never really seen anything beyond that....but I thought an anonymous poll might be interesting.

LOL...no, I don't count those as decorations! But I guess that would change the poll wouldn't it?

I purposely didn't include words like "tasteful" or ones that involve a subjective evaluation....since there is so much variation in how folks see these things.

Just a basic, general...do you like seeing lights and/or holiday decorations on others' balconies, do you prefer just the decorations done by the resorts, or do you have no preference.

I especially like the holiday lights people use at OKW. It really adds to the holiday feel of the resort.

Neutral. They are nice, but Disney is not short on holiday decorations. If folks enjoy them and they are not a hazard or in poor taste, then it is fine with me.

If I had children in a stroller and walked around at night, I think that lights on the balconies at OKW would look very much like home. We've only stayed at OKW once, and from what I remember, the balconies aren't on the road side, so maybe they wouldn't be seen by many.

One of my fondest Christmas-time memories is walking around the apartments where we lived in Hamilton Township NJ and just seeing the lights on the balconies. Cheap "date" and the boys were entertained.

Bobbi:D

Personally, I think the resorts are beautifully decorated for the holidays on their own. I'd just stick to decorating the inside.

But it's JMO.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

Originally posted by bobbiwoz
If I had children in a stroller and walked around at night, I think that lights on the balconies at OKW would look very much like home. We've only stayed at OKW once, and from what I remember, the balconies aren't on the road side, so maybe they wouldn't be seen by many.

One of my fondest Christmas-time memories is walking around the apartments where we lived in Hamilton Township NJ and just seeing the lights on the balconies. Cheap "date" and the boys were entertained.

Bobbi:D
Actually, the balcony lights can be seen from anywhere. Since OKW has very subdued decorations for the holidays, I find the decorated balconys to be part of the charm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter