Deed just Recorded. How Long Until I Can Book?

HairyChest

DIS Veteran
My Deed just showed up on the comptroller site. How long until I can go online and reserve my first stay? Im a new member so am I correct in assuming I cant call Disney to get access early and must wait until I recieve online access via mail?

My Deed just showed up on the comptroller site. How long until I can go online and reserve my first stay? Im a new member so am I correct in assuming I cant call Disney to get access early and must wait until I recieve online access via mail?

If this is your first contract, you will get an email with your activation code.
Once you have this code, then you will need to call into Member Administration and ask to get your membership number(you will need the sellers exact names and their contract number, so having your closing documents or purchase contract). Also you will need your Club ID. This is a separate number for each person on the deed.
You will need the activation code, the club ID and membership number to create your online account.
I currently am waiting on this activation email since 12/31(deed recording). So figure at least two weeks just to get the code.

Once your online account is setup you now have to wait for dvc to actually put the points into your account(why this is not done during the time waiting for the activation code is beyond my comprehension). For this step Currently I have been waiting since 1/3/20 for points. So at this point figure 1 to 2 weeks for this to happen.
Get ready for a month of anxious waiting to book a reservation. This is the absolute worst part of purchasing resale. Waiting for points you’ve already paid for and watching reservations you want to make get sold out.

I thought member services and administration worked for the dues payers, the fact that they make this part so drawn out tells me that Disney obviously has their thumb in this process making resale as unappealing as they can.

If this is your first contract, you will get an email with your activation code.
Once you have this code, then you will need to call into Member Administration and ask to get your membership number(you will need the sellers exact names and their contract number, so having your closing documents or purchase contract). Also you will need your Club ID. This is a separate number for each person on the deed.
You will need the activation code, the club ID and membership number to create your online account.
I currently am waiting on this activation email since 12/31(deed recording). So figure at least two weeks just to get the code.

Once your online account is setup you now have to wait for dvc to actually put the points into your account(why this is not done during the time waiting for the activation code is beyond my comprehension). For this step Currently I have been waiting since 1/3/20 for points. So at this point figure 1 to 2 weeks for this to happen.
Get ready for a month of anxious waiting to book a reservation. This is the absolute worst part of purchasing resale. Waiting for points you’ve already paid for and watching reservations you want to make get sold out.

I thought member services and administration worked for the dues payers, the fact that they make this part so drawn out tells me that Disney obviously has their thumb in this process making resale as unappealing as they can.
Thank you! The wait is agonizing! My contract was already delayed 2 months because the seller had a trip planned.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. This is the most helpful info I've received on closing! My deed closed last week and I'm in the waiting game.

Today is exactly 10 days from when my deed was recorded. I recieved an email with my activation code from Disney in the late morning. However, in order to setup the dvc account online it also needed my member number. I called member services and spoke to the administration department (other departments said i have to wait for the member number in the mail) and they asked for the original owners names(i bought resale) and my contract number which i didnt have. They game me my member number (and club id) still and I was able to login online and see resort availability. However it shows i have no points and was told I have to wait up to two weeks for the points to be loaded. I will update this post when the points show in my account for those that are looking for the timeline for new dvc owners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!