Deleted thread

Love your story and super magical proposal! I'm not sure about indoor ceremony venues at WDW. With the exception of the Wedding Pavilion, I'm fairly certain that almost all the others are outdoors (unless there's rain and you get put in a backup location). I'm a local though and can tell you that December in Orlando isn't too cold. I mean there's obviously always the chance of a cold front, but for the most part, December days in Orlando are pretty mild (70s or 80s). We don't start getting our cold days until January or February. If you want to look at another indoor reception venue though, I'd highly suggest either Ariel's or Atlantic Dance Hall. Ariel's is at the Beach Club and is very beachy themed. Its a lovely space and holds around 75 I think, so plenty of space for your party. Atlantic Dance Hall is on the Boardwalk and is also a very cool looking venue, though with only 40 people coming, it may be too big for your liking.

Congrats on your engagement!!! I had to comment when I saw that you're another Mass DisBride (even if you are a CA native ;) ) Your engagement story is so lovely and intricate, right out of a movie!! Nice job to DF!

I'm biased to Atlantic Dance Hall since we had our reception there, but I know it's definitely not everyone's taste. It's not an indoor venue per se, but I have seen a few weddings that were supposed to be at Sea Breeze Point but were moved due to rain be held at The Attic on the outdoor patio. I'm not 100% sure what the maximum guest count is, but that could be a good reception location too if you like the decor (and of course it has a view of SBP!)

Honestly, I would also ask Disney when you call to schedule the site visit. It might take a little polite pushing on your part, but I feel like every unique venue I've read about or seen another bride have is because they asked "what else is there?"

Congrats on your engagement! We got married September 2015 at Sea Breeze Point and had our reception at Living Seas Salon. It was absolutely perfect for us! We had 55 people including ourselves and both venues were just right for our guest count. Honestly I'm not a fan of wood paneling either, but it did not even both me at all once it was set up for our wedding and the aquarium was the perfect backdrop! So naturally that gets my vote :)

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with any venue at Disney. They will make everything perfect no matter where it's at! Happy planning!

Congratulations on your engagement! I am in love with your ring, it's stunning and unique! Yay for another December bride also from Southern California! I look forward to following along with your planning process. Welcome!

Seabreeze Point December bride right here! It is such a beautiful location! We almost had our rehearsal dinner outside at the beach. Good thing we didn't because it was too cold!

Yay!!! I love that venue, it's gorgeous. Was the boardwalk decorated at all for Christmas? I'm thinking of tying in some Christmas decorations (maybe some garland down the aisle or something)

The boardwalk wasn't really decorated. The Boardwalk Inn was though. Also Beach Club is. We wanted to avoid christmas decor as much as possible so you won't see a lot of it in our pics. We did get an amazing photo in front of tree at the boardwalk.
Here is our gallery if you want to look at it
http://ashleyjanephotography.pixieset.com/coreyrachelmarried/

The boardwalk wasn't really decorated. The Boardwalk Inn was though. Also Beach Club is. We wanted to avoid christmas decor as much as possible so you won't see a lot of it in our pics. We did get an amazing photo in front of tree at the boardwalk.
Here is our gallery if you want to look at it
http://ashleyjanephotography.pixieset.com/coreyrachelmarried/

OMG YOU HAD LET IT GO PLAY AT YOUR WEDDING!!!! I LOVE that song!! I would flip if I heard that at a wedding! I sometimes serenade my fiancé with Frozen songs :) I'm going to such an emotional wreck at our own wedding that if that song played I'm pretty sure I would completely lose it, lol. But your dress is stunning (I love the color!!!). Thanks so much for sharing :) When did you guys go back to the boardwalk to get those gorgeous night shots? I love all the lights!

FIRST CALL TO DISNEY

My fiancé and I are planning on going to Disney in August and wanted to schedule a site visit for the same time (since we'd be in our 16 month window). I called today to get this visit scheduled and got totally shot down by Disney :( Apparently only those who are assigned a Wedding Consultant/Coordinator can schedule a site visit, but you can't get an assignment until the 16 month mark!! Such a bummer! So now I'm totally in a lurch. My fiancé is going to be starting PhD classes again in September, so August is kind of the only time we can go...We may be able to push it into October so it coincides with his Fall Break, but being that he also is working on his thesis and needs to do experiments, it's kind of difficult to gauge if he'll be able to take time off in October!! I know we can go look around at open to the public venues, but Living Seas is not on that list, and this is the place I want to see the MOST!! Has anyone had any luck getting a site visit in at sort of the last minute? We can't call back until 8/1 and I was hoping to see the venues 8/31, 9/1, or 9/2.

That shouldn't be an issue at all. When I called for my site visit, I was able to choose dates for two weeks later. I'm sure you'll be able to find something in that amount of time.

Just started following along. Congrats! Can't wait to read more and it's a shame about the dress you really loved. I agree, it's beautiful but the seam is distracting from the rest of the dress. I know you will find the one! :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter