Deliveries to Resorts

Erin Martin

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going to be having our first stay at the Poly in Jan 2018 and I wanted to make it special. I am considering having water/snacks delivered to the resort via Amazon Prime Now and ordering something from the Disney Floral & Gifts site. Have any of you done that before? Looking for suggestions/tips for this. I've researched both options a bit, but anything will help; even if it is just confirmation of what I have already learned. Thanks in advance!

I have used Prime Now a couple of times and have loved it. Their prices are about the same as the local Walmart, and with free delivery.
I have always included milk in my order, so they required me to be present to accept the delivery. It implied that if there was nothing perishable or especially valuable in your order that they can also leave it at the front desk.

I just order it when I am on the Magical Express and the food has arrived by the time I was done unpacking.

I have used Prime Now a couple of times and have loved it. Their prices are about the same as the local Walmart, and with free delivery.
I have always included milk in my order, so they required me to be present to accept the delivery. It implied that if there was nothing perishable or especially valuable in your order that they can also leave it at the front desk.

I just order it when I am on the Magical Express and the food has arrived by the time I was done unpacking.

Hmm, do you need to meet them at the front desk/bell desk for the delivery, or do they come to the room?

Last edited:

I'm flying in next week, I may try them at OKW rather than relying on the selection at the resort store. They don't deliver to my area at home, yet, so I use the WalMart grocery pick up.

When I drive down, I go to Publix.

In case you didn't know, there is a $5 package handling fee at the resort. I was charged the handling fee for my Amazon Prime Pantry deliveries when I checked in at SSR during my past trips.

In case you didn't know, there is a $5 package handling fee at the resort. I was charged the handling fee for my Amazon Prime Pantry deliveries when I checked in at SSR during my past trips.

This does not apply to Prime Now, though. That delivery is more similar to a pizza delivery. If your order is large enough to need the use of a cart, you should plan to tip bell services.

We used Prime for a delivery Thanksgiving week at the Boardwalk and didn't pay a handling fee.

Used Prime Now this afternoon at OKW. It was great!

I used Instacart and that worked well for us. They partner with local grocers. We weren't charged a handling fee when we used them and first delivery is free for new accounts.

Have any of you ordered anything from Disney Floral & Gifts?

I’ve ordered from Disney floral and gifts several times. You choose when you want it delivered when you make the order on the website. My 6 yr old son loves getting suprises in our room “from Mickey” when we check in. The gifts are always very exciting for our family and are a special way to start our trip.

We're used Prime Now, twice.....and will again in Jan.
We had perishables and they were fine. They had cooling packs in with them and wrapped really good.

They were left with guest services, we did not have to be there

Last edited:
I’ve ordered from Disney floral and gifts several times. You choose when you want it delivered when you make the order on the website. My 6 yr old son loves getting suprises in our room “from Mickey” when we check in. The gifts are always very exciting for our family and are a special way to start our trip.

Would you suggest doing flowers or one of the bags with snacks and stuff in it? We are packing light and only taking carry on luggage so we cant bring too much back with us.

We always used Garden Grocer for our food/snack/water deliveries. Just like ordering from a supermarket. The prices are a higher but the service is great and you don't have to be there for deliveries. When a delivery arrives and you're not there bell services holds it for you and puts all perishables in the refrigerated section till you arrive then they bring it to your room.

Would you suggest doing flowers or one of the bags with snacks and stuff in it? We are packing light and only taking carry on luggage so we cant bring too much back with us.

I would suggest one of the small bags with snacks. We did the same thing with carry on only and I just used the bag as my purse on the way home. I’ve also used garden grocer which was suggested above and very pleased with the service. Here is a picture of what I ordered from Disney floral & gifts as a welcome gift.

Attachments

• CA2EA7F6-37DE-4821-A3B5-A152EB6EEF42.jpeg
    CA2EA7F6-37DE-4821-A3B5-A152EB6EEF42.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 12
I would suggest one of the small bags with snacks. We did the same thing with carry on only and I just used the bag as my purse on the way home. I’ve also used garden grocer which was suggested above and very pleased with the service. Here is a picture of what I ordered from Disney floral & gifts as a welcome gift.

That was one of the items I was looking at myself. It's so cute! I'll most likely do that. Thanks for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter