Delta Airlines- credit/refund question

ThisIsJason

DIS Veteran
My wife and I were supposed to go to Bogota Colombia later this month for a wedding, which of course we aren't able to attend now. We cancelled the flights, and were given a credit good for two years. Just now I got a email stating that a refund to the credit card was going to be issued within the next business day.

Did I miss something? Did Delta change the policy, because I didn't ask for a refund. The credit was good enough for us.

I will admit that is a new one for me. If you’re the one to cancel before the airline cancels it’s typically in the form of credit for future flight.

However, since it’s international and I’m guessing a canceled flight now by Delta, they are refunding your money. My assumption is they are automatically doing this as it’s the law in passenger bill of rights to provide a full refund if they cancel. I’m thinking this flight was already canceled by them before you took action, or around the same time.

If you’d rather have the credits, I’m thinking they’d happily adjust it for you ... no air line wants to give revenue back in our current times. Give them a call.

My wife and I were supposed to go to Bogota Colombia later this month for a wedding, which of course we aren't able to attend now. We cancelled the flights, and were given a credit good for two years. Just now I got a email stating that a refund to the credit card was going to be issued within the next business day.

Did I miss something? Did Delta change the policy, because I didn't ask for a refund. The credit was good enough for us.
If you get your money back after canceling yourself that would be surprising. Delta canceled several of my international flights and I’m still waiting for any refunds. Flights were canceled in May. I called a few days ago to check on the status and they said they’re still working on April refunds.

I hope you got lucky and get your money soon!

I will admit that is a new one for me. If you’re the one to cancel before the airline cancels it’s typically in the form of credit for future flight.

However, since it’s international and I’m guessing a canceled flight now by Delta, they are refunding your money. My assumption is they are automatically doing this as it’s the law in passenger bill of rights to provide a full refund if they cancel. I’m thinking this flight was already canceled by them before you took action, or around the same time.

If you’d rather have the credits, I’m thinking they’d happily adjust it for you ... no air line wants to give revenue back in our current times. Give them a call.

I don't know about that. I cancelled the flight myself back in early May, and at that time you could still book the flight.

If you get your money back after canceling yourself that would be surprising. Delta canceled several of my international flights and I’m still waiting for any refunds. Flights were canceled in May. I called a few days ago to check on the status and they said they’re still working on April refunds.

I hope you got lucky and get your money soon!

That is what is surprising to me. I didn't pay for nonrefundable tickets. Talked with a friend who works for Delta tonight and even she has no idea why they would be issuing a refund.

The credit is no longer listed on my Delta account.

Doesn't sound like a credit.

I've cancelled an international flight on Delta before. I had to make sure we had the ticket numbers in order to use the credit. The penalty was $200 per passenger - effectively a change fee taken out first. We were able to use the credit on a Delta domestic flight.

if a flight is cancelled or rerouted and you cannot get to your destination within 24 hours of the original time, you are entitled to a full refund.

I still have no idea why I got it, but I did. A credit was issued on my credit card today for the entire purchase amount. No penalty or anything. Weird times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter