Delta Express and TF Green in Rhode Island

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
An article in today's Providence Journal:

http://www.projo.com/business/content/projo_20030203_dmiles.1df0f.html

If Delta Express is leaving TF Green in August (and "Song" is not coming in to replace it), why does their website still show the flights that we were going to book for November?

According to the article, there will then be NO NON-STOP flights to Orlando out of Green?? Doesn't any other carrier have non-stop flights there?? Ugh. :(

Well I couldn't see the article without registering. Since this is so recent Delta may not have updated its website yet.

Southwest has flights daily - some of them non-stop to MCO. I've flown with them the past 2 times and really liked them!!!

I could not read the posting as I could not get through the PVD site. We have Delta Express in April and have used it many times. I hope Song comes to PVD if Express leaves.

No...Song ISN'T coming to PVD, according to the article.

Thanks, TT...I'll have to check Southwest. We always used Delta Express because the timing of the flights were perfect for us.

Per tf green no plan for song to be in RI at this time, this ran in last weeks paper but according to delta/song they will. I'm sure delta will not let all that business go. We're flying delta express but leaving from boston

disnurse, where did you see the info regarding Delta/Song saying they will be servicing Providence? Delta Airlines will still be flying out of Green to somewhere (?)...but not Florida, and Song won't be flying out of there at all (according to the article). :confused:

My daughter-in-law works for Delta out of Green and yes Song is coming to Green, eventually. As of June 1st it will be flying out of Boston. She said it is too big a market in Providence not to have a direct flight to MCO. Like she said don't believe everything you read in the papers. Half of what has been in isn't true at all. If you have any questions let me know and I will ask her.

Awesome news! Thanks Kerry! I'm keeping you on my buddy list. :D

I know Logan is like a four letter word to most people but the I90/Exit 20 makes it a lot easier to get there and there are tons of non-stops from Boston.

MaryAnnDVC saw this in the projo about a week before this other article and it was on channel 10 news. Delta will fly out still but not delta express which had the direct flights.
mickyeboy- i agree with you , live in southern RI and am taking the logan drive for much cheaper airfare and better direct flights

One of the biggest reasons Logan is a 4 letter word is parking. $$$$!!!! I know the new exit and direct route will help, but you still have to hassle with Logan Express, pay for long term parking, or hire a care service. I HATE logan express, parking is WAY too expensive, and the car service can be pricey too, but most convienient and cheaper than parking. I live in Brockton and drove with my mom to TFG, parked in a nice clean lot next to the airport, and were promptly picked up by the shuttle. The way back to the car was just as easy, and although I don't remember the price, we had a coupon and it was still very cheap.

I like to fly out of BDL. Parking is cheap and Delta has great service from there.

Joe in CT

I couldn't get into the projo site either... and I didn't want to sign up for their site.

I haven't been checking in on this board regularly so I was surprised to hear Delta Express is checking out of PVD!! Rumors were started way back last year when I was going to MCO for Thanksgiving, but nothing ever came of it until now I guess!!!

I hate going into Logan! Because of the Big Dig, and the traffic in general. I have not been through the new tunnel yet, so I can't speak firsthand if it's better or not. But to use Delta Express, I guess I'll have to use Bonanza Bus to get into Logan and have someone pick my car up at the Foxfield Plaza so it's not sitting there for a week!! I just love the convenience of PVD>>

Or I could check into Song... I'll admit, I've never heard of them, but will keep checking the boards and see what Kerry's Daughter-in-law finds out for us.
Good luck everyone!
jeanny :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter