Delta Kids Meals - ATL direct

SevenWonkas

Mouseketeer
Since sometime in 2016, Delta has been providing full meal service on the direct flights to/from Atlanta and Honolulu. (I believe flights from NY also get meal service?). BEfore we ordered special kids meals for my son (5 years old), I tried looking at google and various non-Disney forums to see what things were included in kids meals. I couldn't find much info, except some information from years ago of people (who'd never actually ordered the kids meals) complaining about soggy chicken nuggets.

Athough my son enjoys a variety of foods, and probably would be okay with an adult meal, we ordered him kids meals for our flights.

So, yes, for both flights they were chicken nuggets! And what looked to be some sort of noodles with red sauce(?), and corn. But, as an added bonus, they included some great veggies (carrots with ranch), some fruit (grapes), cheese, crackers, a roll, and some cookies. (Although, it looks like cookies weren't on his tray on the way home.... we were in First Class on the way home though, so he got ice cream).

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

On our flight to Hawaii, we got a snack before landing, and he got a cheese sandwich (literally, cheese on bread), an apple, and Fritos.

IMG_0224.JPG

on the way home we got breakfast before landing, instead of a snack. He got cereal (honey nut cheerios), milk, fruit (banana), and a roll. But, we were in First Class on the way home, so I don't know if he would've received this in Coach too?

IMG_0226.JPG

He loved ALL his food, and ate every bite!

I'm going to attach the photos.... hopefully it works.... I don't really add photos to posts very much...

If someone wants photos or info about the adult meals, just let me know!

Looks good. We were in coach last flight and had hot meals each way. We're flying first next week so I can let you all know - but no kids meals for us. Our coach meals looked pretty similar to yours - only difference no real silverware. lol

We also flew Atlanta to Honolulu in coach. Ironically and lucky for us, our flight to Honolulu was on the same day they started the meal service and free alcohol! Our hot meals were also very similar to yours. About an hour before landing, they gave everyone a turkey sandwich. On the overnight flight back to Atlanta on the way home, we did not get anything in coach (aside from the hot meal) prior to landing which was fine by us since snacks were always available.

These were our adult meals.

Meals on the flight to Hawaii.

IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0235.JPG

Snack before landing.

IMG_0233.JPG

Meals on theway home.

IMG_0232.JPG

Breakfast before landing.

IMG_0231.JPG

I'm a dork, but we were in economy comfort and I was sad that they didn't pass around the basket of snacks like they do on normal (shorter) flights. We had plenty of food, but I always look forward to those snacks!

I'm a dork, but we were in economy comfort and I was sad that they didn't pass around the basket of snacks like they do on normal (shorter) flights. We had plenty of food, but I always look forward to those snacks!

We got that in coach. Only thing we didn't get was the breakfast on the overnight flight home. Maybe it depends on the flight crew as to how often the snacks come around.

Hello SevenWonkas! I hate to hijack your thread, but I would love to hear your opinion on flying first class vs coach (economy comfort). We are planning a trip to Aulani in 2018 and I really want to fly first class but I'm wondering if it is actually worth the price difference for a family of 4. One option we were thinking of was to fly economy comfort to HNL and then fly first back (to lessen the sting of having to leave paradise).

TIA!

One option we were thinking of was to fly economy comfort to HNL and then fly first back (to lessen the sting of having to leave paradise).

We flew standard coach there and back, because to fly economy comfort on Delta was another $700 for us and we didn't think it was worth it. We were very comfortable in standard coach, especially with the 2-4-2 seat configuration. But to your point in what I quoted, I do think this is a good plan because we did find it difficult to sleep comfortably on the red eye back home. First class would be much more conducive to sleeping, which I think will help you adjust to the time change when you get home.

While first class would have been awesome on the way to Hawaii, economy comfort was just fine. We had no issues with our seats!

we got first class seats on the way back out of necessity. i can't sleep on planes (in regular seats), and because of this we were originally planning on getting a hotel in California overnight on the way back. (We did this on our last Hawaii trip, our third, and it made the adjustment back to Eastern time much easier!). We lucked into some great prices on the First Class seats though, and in the end it made more sense to do that this trip vs. the overnight hotel. There was only three of us too, which helps.

Hope this helps! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!