Departure flight is now listed as a Boeing 757-300 instead of an Air Bus 321, not surprised, but any opinions?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Well Delta went and did what I suspected they would do with a flight I am looking at, which is really no big deal but I thought I might see if you experts have any opinions on it. Originally the round trip flight from Atlanta to San Diego was scheduled with a departure and return on an Air Bus 321 but now the departure is listed as a Boeing 757-300. No big deal I am thinking, just a bigger plane, right? I mean I know it could very well change again but I was just kinda expecting this change.

I personally like the 7-5. When I was traveling a lot, it was my favorite aircraft because it was very smooth.

Per the Delta website, the Boeing 757-300 has slightly narrower seats in the Main Cabin when compared to the Airbus 321. It's 17.3 inches versus 18 inches (44 cm versus 46 cm). The pitch (distance between the seat in front of you) is identical. But, that difference isn't one that most people will notice.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/aircraft/overview
It is a larger plane, which means more people. But, the Boeing has an extra bathroom.

Good advice whenever they change aircraft is to see what they have done to your seat assignments if you already had them as each type of aircraft has a different seating configuration. Then check out the seats on Seatguru. Your seats may now be over a wing, may not recline, be missing a window, or near a bathroom. Best to find out now before you get on the plane and change them if possible than be stuck with a lousy seat when you get on the plane.

Good advice whenever they change aircraft is to see what they have done to your seat assignments if you already had them as each type of aircraft has a different seating configuration. Then check out the seats on Seatguru. Your seats may now be over a wing, may not recline, be missing a window, or near a bathroom. Best to find out now before you get on the plane and change them if possible than be stuck with a lousy seat when you get on the plane.
Hadn't purchase my tickets yet. But I seen this coming. Almost every other flight from Atlanta to San Diego in the early mornings depart on a 757.

Per the Delta website, the Boeing 757-300 has slightly narrower seats in the Main Cabin when compared to the Airbus 321. It's 17.3 inches versus 18 inches (44 cm versus 46 cm). The pitch (distance between the seat in front of you) is identical. But, that difference isn't one that most people will notice.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/aircraft/overview
It is a larger plane, which means more people. But, the Boeing has an extra bathroom.
There ya go, I didn't know that.

What sort of opinions?

LOL. That was my reaction too.

To me, it’s like saying “My taxi to the airport was supposed to be a Ford. Now it’s a Chevrolet. I knew that was coming. Any opinions?”

I don’t know plane model numbers and thought your concern was a switch to a Boeing Max plane. Now that would be a more lively discussion.

LOL. That was my reaction too.

To me, it’s like saying “My taxi to the airport was supposed to be a Ford. Now it’s a Chevrolet. I knew that was coming. Any opinions?”

I don’t know plane model numbers and thought your concern was a switch to a Boeing Max plane. Now that would be a more lively discussion.
Oh, gosh, that would be a no go for me.

One thing I am wondering is with more people on board, or at least the plane being able to hold more people, that might make it longer to get off of the plane? Unless I do upgrade to Comfort?

One thing I am wondering is with more people on board, or at least the plane being able to hold more people, that might make it longer to get off of the plane? Unless I do upgrade to Comfort?

It's a negligible amount of time. Truly. I honestly wouldn't base any decisions off of that.

Are you debating NOT booking the flight because of the plane change? If not, I'd recommend not worrying about any of this stuff. It really doesn't make a difference on the overall flight.

Last edited:
It's a negligible amount of time. Truly. I honestly wouldn't base any decisions off of that.

Are you debating NOT booking the flight because of the plane change? If not, I'd recommend not worrying about any of this stuff. It really doesn't make a difference on the overall flight.
I agree. The type of plane is so far down in my choice of flight, I don't understand all the worry.

What I'm concerned about...
1a) Price
1b) Schedule

ummm, yea, that's about it. Sure, I'll look at see if they offer wifi or in seat entertainment, but if the price & schedule isn't to my liking, it doesn't matter about seat width, pitch, food, or entertainment options.

No, I am booking them regardless.

I don't mean this rudely (really I don't), but based on all your questions you are WAY overthinking this trip.

Unless, as you mention above, you're just bored and looking for questions to post?
Your fine. It is fear that is driving it. My fear of flying. Maybe it is because it is a longer flight than what I have been on, because I wouldn't think twice to hop on a plane to Disney for about 45 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter