Deposit refund, possible?

duder92

Earning My Ears
We have (had) a trip planned for June 2nd. We paid the deposit at booking.

Is there a way to get this refunded? If I let the date pass that the full amount was due, would they credit it back, considering the circumstances, or do I need to call to get this done?

We have (had) a trip planned for June 2nd. We paid the deposit at booking.

Is there a way to get this refunded? If I let the date pass that the full amount was due, would they credit it back, considering the circumstances, or do I need to call to get this done?

Who did you book it with?
Nobody will automatically refund you. If you booked with a travel agent, you need to speak to them.

If you booked with disneylandparis.com, there’s already instructions on what to do on their website, with the options being credit towards a future booking, or move your booking to later this year & keep the same booking conditions (ie free half board dining).

If you just want to scrap it all together and get your money back, you would probably be best speaking to your credit card / debit card provided- but as of right now, the parks are not closed on your travel dates, so you might need to wait until they officially extend the closure before you can do anything.

Thanks,

We booked through the French Disneyland website. I read the instructions on the site for cancellations, but those seemed to be more applicable to reservations that were paid in full, rather than just the deposit.

I guess Ill just contact our credit card provider, as it doesnt look like disney is going to give specific dates for the closure and will just stay as indefinite.

Thanks,

We booked through the French Disneyland website. I read the instructions on the site for cancellations, but those seemed to be more applicable to reservations that were paid in full, rather than just the deposit.

I guess Ill just contact our credit card provider, as it doesnt look like disney is going to give specific dates for the closure and will just stay as indefinite.

The disneyland Paris site gives you the option of a voucher for the amount paid against a future reservation (if say you want to move it to next summer). It doesn’t specify that only fully paid bookings qualify- suggesting that part paid holidays can be moved- however they don’t seem to offering a straight up refund; so yes, I’d suggest calling your card company of you want to go down the refund route.

Normally you'd never get the deposit back, but under the current circumstances it's very unlikely DLP will be open June 2nd. However, the relaxed cancelation rule only apply for arrivals till June 1st. So I think you'll need to wait for a bit until they change that date and then cancel.

per my understanding the law changed in France to protect the tourism sector so they don't have to give cash refunds, a voucher is enough. I'm searching for that article still though.

We were supposed to check in yesterday and we only paid a deposit when we booked months ago. I used the on-line cancelation in mid-March with no results at all. This week we've gone the credit card dispute route.

I thought there was a european law where you can get refunds..? I am not sure if it covers hotel bookings but if an airline cancels they do have to give a refund.

I thought there was a european law where you can get refunds..? I am not sure if it covers hotel bookings but if an airline cancels they do have to give a refund.
Yes, but given the current circumstances it got (temporarily) changed and they are allowed to give a voucher, if you haven't used your voucher when it expires, you'll still get the original refund. But they don't have to refund immediately now

If the European law hasn't changed then it does not matter what they do. It does not trump that. If the actual law it'self has been amended then fair enough. :-)

If the European law hasn't changed then it does not matter what they do. It does not trump that. If the actual law it'self has been amended then fair enough. :-)
It's the law that has been amended (or was supposed to, I heard talk about it, never heard it actually got in effect, but I understood DLP changed the policy when it did)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!