• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Depth of OKW pool??

vbarry

DIS Veteran
Does the OKW pool have a shallow end 3ft or less or is the entire pool the same depth?? Thanks for any info!

The main pool. DD6 is a little old for a baby pool and likes to be able to go out on her own but cannot swim yet!

I guess if you have the info on the quiet pools...that would be great too! Thanks

Quiet pools all go from 3' at the shallow end to a deep end, but I don't remember the depth at the deep end. Believe it or not, I have never gone to the main pool!! I LOVE the neighborhood ones. Now with the slide at the main pool, it gets rather noisy, and there is a lifeguard during the day.

The 'deep end' of the quiet pools is about 5' deep.
Like Diane, I have to admit I've never gone to the feature pool - the quiet pools are just too nice! :snooty: ;)

I'm sure at least some part of the feature pool would also be about 3' and if she's not swiming, you could always sit with DD on/near steps leading into the pool.

HTH

I am interested to know this too...thinking of trying to stay at OKW for our next trip. We love the SSR main pool, mostly because of the zero entry feature. It is fantastic for our 3.5 year old DD! Does the OKW main pool have zero entry?

To the OP, if you haven't tried the pool at SSR, I would highly suggest pool-hopping over there during your trip! I'll bet your DD would love it!

tkillini99- Thanks for the advise. I had not thought about pool hopping-we will have to try it! We are also from Illinois-love to see those midwest people on the dis!

vbarry-what part of IL are you from?

Hope you enjoy the pool hopping. If we do try OKW next time, we might end up over at SSR one day, just because we really like the pool!

I am from a small town near Lincoln, Illinois.

I think we will love OKW for the palm trees and the feeling that I am really in Florida!! It beats the heck out of the bare trees...hopefully it will get warm here soon!!

We're from downstate as well! Small town near Mt. Vernon, IL.

We are really looking forward to staying at OKW in the future. When we visited there, we thought it really does have a Key West feel, which we love! We also own a Hyatt Vacation club membership in Key West...

(snip) We love the SSR main pool, mostly because of the zero entry feature. It is fantastic for our 3.5 year old DD! Does the OKW main pool have zero entry?

To the OP, if you haven't tried the pool at SSR, I would highly suggest pool-hopping over there during your trip! I'll bet your DD would love it!
No, OKW does not have a zero entry pool. I believe the only zero entry pools at WDW are at Storm along Bay, SSR, and AKL. Of those, only SSR can be hopped to. I'm not sure, but the new Poly pool might be zero entry too. Haven't checked that out.

I'm not sure, but the new Poly pool might be zero entry too. Haven't checked that out.

GF and Poly have zero entry pools. :)

vbarry said:
Does the OKW pool have a shallow end 3ft or less or is the entire pool the same depth?? Thanks for any info!

We used the main OKW pool a couple of times and I don't remember if it has a very shallow area 3' or less. Seems to me that most of it is at least 4' deep as people were wading in it. It gets deeper nearer to the slide. Have you thought of water wings?

I have thought of water wings...but she is going to be 7 and she thinks she is just tooo big for that!:sad2:

Swim lessons start next week...so maybe that will help.

If it is too deep I know now that we can go to a quiet pool or over to SSR.

I guess I had not checked much into pool hopping-do you have to show your membership card or do you just go to any pool expect Stormalong Bay and swim??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter