Dessert before Dinner: a trifecta of dining reports? Update 9/22 LTT COMPLETE!

Yippee, I actually made it here, read, and caught up before your DR was finished!
:banana:

Anyway, your reports are always so humorous!
Aw thank you! I try lol!

Too bad the food at the FOTAs wasn't very good. Makes me feel so much better because we virtually didn't have an opportunity to try any of it due to our traveling companions.
It was quite disappointing, but we did enjoy all the entertainment the festival offers. And luckily I'll be there for both F&G and F&W this year where the good food is!

his happened to me once before on a F&G trip two years ago. I was on a trip with my sister, and my BFF, and while we've all known each other for 30+ years, and all get along very well, at home, the combo on a trip was not a good one. My sister and my BFF have two entirely different vacationing styles, and I was caught in the middle. I should have known better, as I should have known on this past January trip.
You know I think I followed along on a dining report you did about this trip :scratchin It sounds familiar! In theory traveling with friends and family sounds fun but it doesn't always work out that way.......luckily my friend Cathy who happens to also be a TA in my agency (which is how we met) and lives only an hour from me is a perfect travel companion, so when we go away for work we're always on the same page. I know I wouldn't be able to say the same for most of my extended family members :hyper:

Oh, Ariane, I loved the expression on your face when you were getting lubed up, ;) uh, I mean "lotioned" up, by Geir!
:laughing: It was a most exhiliarating experience 8-)

We've never tried Citrico's, but after reading your reports, I really really want to eat there. It just seems out of the way, and there never seems to be enough time
Oh you should! I know there's never enough time to eat everywhere we want. And it's really not out of the way! It's right there in the GF and when you think about it, closer than Narcoossee's since it's in the main bldg and Narcoossee's is all the way in the back (love Narcoossee's too). But it's definitely a signature that doesn't come to mind right away so I get it. I can't even remember how we stumbled on it for our first visit; I think we were searching for someplace new, browsing menus, and thought it looked good. And it turned out to be awesome :goodvibes

This looks delicious! I loved the mushroom soup at AP and was sad it was being removed from the menu. This makes me want to book a dinner at Citricos now. Wish I had room for it when I go this weekend.
I'm glad they still have the mushroom soup at Territory Lounge! Definitely try Citricos on one of your trips. Speaking of trips I hope you have fun this weekend! I saw your post about moving to BC from the Dolphin, glad you were able to switch.

I'm staying at WL my first night, and I definitely think I'm going to have to stock up. This would be a good pre-half marathon breakfast, right?
The PERFECT pre-half marathon breakfast :P Is it your first stay at the WL? You'll LOVE it! I can't wait to be back in May!

I think we got to see them the last day they were there. My mom noticed them saying they'd be heading back to Canada the next day (though I guess there were weather issues and it got postponed by a couple days, so they were still there 2 days later!). I forgot their name too!
Ugh I wish I could remember their name!! They said they come back for F&W and hoping they happen to be there when I'm there in Oct. It's been too long since a good act was in Canada.............

Nice room! Was this a standard? Trying to figure out if we could request it for May (seems big enough for 3 adults)!
Yup, standard! Wish I could remember the floor, Steve will know. And definitely a good size for 3 adults!

The PERFECT pre-half marathon breakfast :P Is it your first stay at the WL? You'll LOVE it! I can't wait to be back in May!

It is! Doing a split stay at WL and Boardwalk. I'm sooooo excited (and so glad I learned about how to rent points)!

I got behind because I'm a bad friend. Thankfully your tag brought me back and kicked the spurs in but I haven't caught up to the tag yet, I can only guess where I factor in :rotfl:

Next came what I like to call the epitemy of wonderfullness: Morimoto ribs:
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Glad you left your comfort zone for these!!! They are aaaahmazing!
it's probably the best decision I've made since having kids!!!
:rotfl2: Well that's not a phrase I hear every day.
Remember we were at All-Star Movies our fist night so our option was......the food court!
BALLING OUT!
Mickey waffles for Steve, and a big ol' breakfast platter for me; yes that's mine! I'm a sucker for Disney eggs because, well, I'm gross I guess, plus I love breakfast in general.
If loving food court breakfast is wrong, I don't wanna be right... or... un-gross?
You guys may have seen this in my TR or on my facebook like, 3x, because this is called "The most awesome Bloody Mary ever, anywhere". A.K.A:
Glazed Pork Belly Bloody Mary:
Classic Bloody Mary with Absolut Vodka garnished with Maple IPA, Glazed Pork Belly, Pickled Carrots, Celery, Stuffed Olives and a Cherry Tomato
I don't usually do Bloody Mary's, I've had a few, so at first I wasn't interested in this. But after taking a sip of Steve's I marched right back up to the counter and got myself one!
And then we spent about 20 minutes trying to get a good selfie. A younger couple came up and offered us some tips; thanks younger couple, we will never again attempt a selfie in public :o
I am soooooo glad you raved so much about this! We loved it too. And poo on the whippersnappers hating on your selfie strategy, I think they're great!

I forgot to tell you the beer Steve got in place of his slushie:
Weihenstephaner Original Lager, Freising, Germany
No picture sorry!
Here's a pic:
:drinking1

Wild Mushroom Risotto, Aged Parmesan, Truffle Shavings and Zinfandel Reduction (V)

This was probably the best thing we had at the festival, but we still would only rate it like a 6 or 7 out of 10; it really didn't have much flavor at all except for the parmesan on top so we were fighting for that.
We liked it too but our risotto was a little undercooked. And if I recall it was like $10 for a teeny tiny serving!! There's definitely not enough truffle in there to justify the price.

I did meet him there a few years ago and he signed a card but it was packed that day so we didn't really talk; this time it was emptier so not only did we talk, he lubed me up with his lotion and massaged me

... :rotfl: so sooooo many comments that I will refrain from making.

This was followed by our complimentary champagne which Rony has been giving us since our 2nd visit:
I love that the folks at the Grand have the ability to do little pixie dust things like this. It's only ever happened to me at the Grand Floridian but we used to have that one bartender Bryon we loved at Mizner's and he remembered us and would bring champagne. It made R so jealous for whatever reason :rotfl: Even though he got champagne too. I wonder what happened to him... the last time we asked for him we were summarily informed that he no longer worked there... :confused3

Great picture of him, horrific but typical picture of me #bangsrebelling. We love this man!!!
I always think your hair looks great! and HIIII RONY!

I do like that they change their menu often but it's always delicious.
Except that they changed my dang arancini into gross arancini :sad: other than that I agree it's nice to see seasonal updates!!!

This was out of this WORLD!! OMG I wanted another bowl!! I give the AP/Territory Lounge mushroom bisque a solid 15 on a scale of 1-10 and this was a 14.99999, the difference being the AP soup is a bit thicker and saltier which is my preference. Here you could really taste the chestnut flavor which I appreciated. Neither soup has an overly mushroomy flavor which is why I liked it in the first place; I don't like actual mushrooms. This was a huge bowl too so yay, Citricos! This is one thing I hope stays on the menu.
Mental note to self to put this on my list. The AP mushroom soup bowls always seem to have a hole in them, that's the only explanation I can think of for them becoming empty so quickly... LOL

I went with my normal:
Oak-grilled Beef Filet
Potato Purée, Dragon Carrots, Cipollini Jam, Bordelaise
That dragon carrot makes your filet look like it's a baby dragon with a tail!

Our night was not over yet! An awesome DIS friend of mine had graciously waited over at the aforementioned Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge for us while we ate dinner so we could hang out a bit; we grabbed a Lyft and in no time at all were having a drink with Mr & Mrs @pepperandchips ! No picture of the menfolk but after we sat in the lounge for awhile we took a pretty picture in the lobby to prove it happened:
Oh yes, it was such a hardship for us to stick around drinking in the Territory Lounge :rotfl2:

I had so much fun hanging out with you guys and you and Steve really "sold" R on dismeets. Before we met up I could tell he was NOT into the idea but then he and Steve were buddies in no time at all. We both enjoyed our time with you! I can't wait to do it again :flower3: Next time we'll have to get a group picture...

Also, Ariane forgot to mention the weirdest part of this whole experience... there was a dude sitting at the table next to us who kept getting greeted by other people (strangers). He's definitely a disney blogger or something and we think that his name is Ronnie/Ronny? Steve, the selfless troublemaker that he is, even caught his attention and said, "Hey you look so familiar do you write blogs?" and the man said yes but offered no further hints as to his identity. Anyone know who it was?! It's still a mystery...

This was our 2nd time meeting and I can't wait to meet up with Melinda again on our EPIC girls trip in May xoxo!
:woohoo: it's coming up soon! CANNOT wait!!!

Before we left Melinda had the best idea she's probably ever had; to go to Roaring Fork and get the best snack in the World. Behold one full and one half-eaten Magic Bar:
What can I say, the heart knows what the heart wants!
Couldn't agree more!!!!:love:
:hug:

Can't wait to see you again soon, Jenny!!!

Steve doesn't really like champagne but takes a few sips because he doesn't want to seem ungrateful, and then we artfully pour his into my glass :drinking1When Rony delivered the champagne he noted that I was wearing black pants, so he swapped my white napkin out for a black one. He always checks this and it's one of the things I love best about him AND the restaurant! As a sidenote, when we ate at Yachtsman in Feb. our server did not check for this. We conversed with Rony a bit; told him we'd missed him in Sept. when he was away and talked about his trip; he asked, as always, about our boys. He chats with us more than normal but not enough that he ignores his other tables; we can usually hear him with other customers and he's as attentive with them as he always is with us. So without further ado, heeeeeeeeeeere's Rony!
Even though Steve doesn't care for the complimentary champagne, it is a nice of them to bring it to you. We've received it at AP when we were celebrating our anniversary, but not at Citrico's.

We went to Citrico's on this past trip and saw Rony, but didn't request him. He looked very busy and we didn't want to wait for him.

I cannot believe I failed to take a picture of the bread, because it's my absolute favorite bread on property! Sea salt and kalamata olive bread, mmmm. I limited myself to 2 pieces because I knew I'd be eating lots.
I couldn't tell which one was the kalamata olive bread and which one was something else, so I had a piece of each. ;)

I went with my normal:
Oak-grilled Beef Filet
Potato Purée, Dragon Carrots, Cipollini Jam, Bordelaise
We both ordered the filet and of course, it was fantastic. I took the left overs back to the resort for later. The veggies were good, too.

Our night was not over yet! An awesome DIS friend of mine had graciously waited over at the aforementioned Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge for us while we ate dinner so we could hang out a bit; we grabbed a Lyft and in no time at all were having a drink with Mr & Mrs @pepperandchips ! No picture of the menfolk but after we sat in the lounge for awhile we took a pretty picture in the lobby to prove it happened:
We had trouble getting a Mears taxi willing to take us from the WL to GF. We've never used Lyft or Uber and usually have no problem getting a Mears taxi. But the valet told us that none of the Mears drivers wanted to do a short trip and we should have ordered a Lyft. Eventually a Mears taxi that was dropping guests at the WL was willing to take us to GF, but it took almost 1/2 hour before that happened.

I can't imagine a better place than the WL and Territory Lounge for a Dismeet. We've actually had two of them there. :)

Citricos is our favorite signature as well. We had the risotto and filet entrees back in December and they were both fabulous! Swapping out
Citricos for JIKO next month for a change, hope we're not sorry....

I'm glad they still have the mushroom soup at Territory Lounge! Definitely try Citricos on one of your trips. Speaking of trips I hope you have fun this weekend! I saw your post about moving to BC from the Dolphin, glad you were able to switch.
Wasn't the best way to start a trip, but we had a great time at Beach Club and even got a room with a full balcony. It was a really good trip saw my husband's cousin get married and we went to Rose and Crown for the first time and got seated outside with an awesome firework view. It was going to be our last trip on these annual passes before we let them expire, but decided to book another weekend trip in April instead lol. I need to make it over to the Territory Lounge for that soup!

I got behind because I'm a bad friend.
That's what I tell everyone about you :snooty: In fact I think the only one that still likes you is Ronnie the blogger :rotfl2:

Glad you left your comfort zone for these!!! They are aaaahmazing!
OMG I could not believe how *$#&&@ delicious these were!!! I shall meet them again.....

BALLING OUT!
:D

If loving food court breakfast is wrong, I don't wanna be right... or... un-gross?
There is just something about that food court food when you need a snack! Eggs, mickey waffles, I won't surrender the food court love!

I am soooooo glad you raved so much about this! We loved it too. And poo on the whippersnappers hating on your selfie strategy, I think they're great!
Right that bloody mary was the best drink I've had there in forever :love: As for our selfies I think those youngsters were singing something along the lines of "old people got, not reason to live"......

so sooooo many comments that I will refrain from making.
But I SO want to hear them!!!

we used to have that one bartender Bryon we loved at Mizner's and he remembered us and would bring champagne. It made R so jealous for whatever reason :rotfl: Even though he got champagne too. I wonder what happened to him... the last time we asked for him we were summarily informed that he no longer worked there... :confused3
Every time we got to Citricos I'm afraid we're going to find this out about Rony :guilty: So far so good and he's been there for years but I know that doesn't necessarily keep him safe.

Except that they changed my dang arancini into gross arancini :sad:
I know and I'm so sorry :sad1: Even the best make mistakes :rolleyes1

I had so much fun hanging out with you guys and you and Steve really "sold" R on dismeets. Before we met up I could tell he was NOT into the idea but then he and Steve were buddies in no time at all. We both enjoyed our time with you! I can't wait to do it again :flower3: Next time we'll have to get a group picture...
We had a great time too! Steve is pretty ok with DISmeets now but he still gets a bit antsy before them. Luckily just like R he was quickly comfortable at TL with you both :goodvibes Hopefully we can all hang in May :thumbsup2

Also, Ariane forgot to mention the weirdest part of this whole experience... there was a dude sitting at the table next to us who kept getting greeted by other people (strangers). He's definitely a disney blogger or something and we think that his name is Ronnie/Ronny? Steve, the selfless troublemaker that he is, even caught his attention and said, "Hey you look so familiar do you write blogs?" and the man said yes but offered no further hints as to his identity. Anyone know who it was?! It's still a mystery...
I seriously can't believe he said something :rolleyes: I was afraid Ronny/Ronnie was going to think we really knew who he was and sit with us and expect a conversation!

I was debating Morimoto's for our next trip. You have sold me on the hairy ribs. :rotfl2:
Yay! This is the 2nd time I've tried something I kept hearing about on the boards but didn't sound that appealing to me; first the avocado margarita and now the ribs. And it's the 2nd time I've been super glad I did :)

Even though Steve doesn't care for the complimentary champagne, it is a nice of them to bring it to you. We've received it at AP when we were celebrating our anniversary, but not at Citrico's.
Yes it's great and much appreciated :) I don't think we'd get the champagne if we didn't have Rony although we did get it once when he was out of town and the server we did have, Christine, knew we normally had him. I guess it's either something he does for all his "regulars" or all the servers there do for their regulars because when she brought it to us she commented "I'm sure Rony would have this for you if he were here".

We went to Citrico's on this past trip and saw Rony, but didn't request him. He looked very busy and we didn't want to wait for him.
He ALWAYS busy. On this trip when we asked for him. the hostess walking us to our table said we were the 3rd or 4th guests to request him that night!

I couldn't tell which one was the kalamata olive bread and which one was something else, so I had a piece of each. ;)
That's the way to do it :D

Citricos is our favorite signature as well. We had the risotto and filet entrees back in December and they were both fabulous! Swapping out
Citricos for JIKO next month for a change, hope we're not sorry....
I love hearing others who enjoy Citricos!

Your review swayed me!!! Can't chance it, booked Citricos and cancelled JIKO.:love:
LOL I guess that wasn't very hard :laughing: We've yet to do Jiko although I hear wonderful things, but you know you won't go wrong at Citricos. Enjoy!

Wasn't the best way to start a trip, but we had a great time at Beach Club and even got a room with a full balcony
Awesome! The good part is it ended up ok :thumbsup2

It was a really good trip saw my husband's cousin get married and we went to Rose and Crown for the first time and got seated outside with an awesome firework view.
Nice! We do like R&C but haven't had dinner there. I'd love to watch Illuminations from the patio

but decided to book another weekend trip in April instead lol
:cheer2: Work those AP's!

And now I'm adding Citrico's to my list of restaurants to try. It looks delicious!
You will not be disappointed!

I seriously can't believe he said something :rolleyes: I was afraid Ronny/Ronnie was going to think we really knew who he was and sit with us and expect a conversation!
I wonder if it was Ronnie from the FB group, Mousejunkies? He's somewhat of a celebrity to us there :)

Trifecta Trip #1 (but really #2)
Day 3 starts off good and goes downhill..........

I seriously need to take a break from work and do an update! Less than two months until my next trip and I'm wanting the time to go by like this :car: (that's a speeding car btw, at least in this report). That's the EPIC Girl's Trip that many of you reading this are part of :grouphug: and some of you may have heard about in other TR's or PTR's!
At dinner last night I asked Chris what restaurants he wanted to eat at for our NYE trip; he's coming but at this point we're thinking (and hoping) Ricky won't be. Those of you who know about his 18 month ACL injury will understand that he's hoping to be playing basketball for the school again - finally - in his senior year so he'll have a tournament over Xmas break. Speaking of his injury we're at 18 months with roughly another 4 to go before clearance so almost there!!!
Back to eating in Dec: not surprisingly Chris wants to eat at Narcoossee's :thumbsup2 Garden Grill for breakfast :thumbsup2 and Cape May Cafe for Dinner :thumbsup2 I like all these, we love Narcoossee's, and if any of you have read my previous dining reports you may remember Chris's love for CMC's after dinner warm towels:

hottowel1.jpg

hottowel2.jpg

What surprised us was his request for BOG dinner! Now this was a family favorite before it was 2 credits. We did the new menu last Thanksgiving and, unknown to you since I failed at doing a dining report for that trip, we did NOT like it. Well, apparently Chris did but we did not. Neither Steve nor I had plans to ever return for dinner but I'm just happy Chris wants to go, so I guess I'm booking whatever he wants...................
I'll be adding a couple other restaurants as I want to have 2 table service a day. No dealing with QS much during Dec. 28-Jan 1st which are our dates, but I don't book till June so plenty of time to figure it out. I'm just so excited to be going for New Years' I had to share our recent conversation.
So our 2nd day had been meh with festival booths, saved by a wonderful dinner, great DISmeet, and the snack to end all snacks. We began today with a bagel and muffin from the Beach Club Market Place; no pictures sorry, but it was a whole wheat bagel and blueberry muffin. Try to picture it if you will. Then we headed over to MK.
We went to BTMRR first and on our way back through Frontierland to visit 999 Happy Haunts I bumped in to this guy!

IMG_0753.JPG

I don't think I've ever seen Wendell walking around and I was happy to get this picture since they can be pretty hard to get to stand still.
We then rode HM and S
pace with our FP during which the lights came on; this was neat because while I've seen the lights on before that's always been while riding the People Mover. After that we had a break until our 3rd FP for BTMRR so we caught the new parade that took the place of Move It, Shake It. I have to say the music is catchy! And I like that the characters have been changed. While we were watching we both agreed we were pretty darn hungry but didn't so much want to eat in the park - oh, we had no reservations for this day, by the way- so we came up with a plan that led us out of MK and on to the monorail.

To here:

Captain-Cooks_16-15.jpg

Can you guys read that :rotfl2:
And do you know what I was heading for?

Pulled Pork Nachos
topped with Onions, Cheese, Spicy Mayo, Tomatoes and Pineapple Salsa

IMG_0792.JPG

OMG I need to fit these in to my May trip. If you've had these you understand why I was drooling on the monorail ride over. If you've never had them then you have no idea what you're missing! The chips are like Uber Disney chips with extra crunch and the perfect amount of salt; the cheese sauce is better than any cheese sauce I've ever had and the pulled pork, which I normally don't eat, is a great combination of sweet and smoky. The onions aren't overpowering and neither is my favorite part, the pineapple salsa! So if you don't really like pineapple that much it shouldn't deter you from trying these.

While I sucked down every last nacho Steve went for a lighter lunch of this:

Pan Asian Noodles and Vegetables with Shrimp

IMG_0793.JPG

The chicken noodle soup was your typical kids meal soup but the noodle bowl was super good; he's had both the last time we were here. You can't really see in the picture but there were a decent # of shrimp, lots of good veggies and he said the tastes went together well. I feel like this was the perfect decision for us: close enough to the MK that it wasn't hard to get to and not a hardship to leave the park for and better than any QS in the park. We both like CHH and on some days Pinocchio's is OK but I'll pass on both for these nachos of love :love:

After a little break back at the resort we returned to Epcot to catch some of the festival entertainment we didn't see the day before. We watched the Living Statues again for a bit, saw some artists performing on the Fountain Stage, and then while we waited for my main reason for going in the afternoon we walked to France to say hello to our old friends, the Grey Goose slushies:

IMG_0794.JPG

And managed a somewhat better selfie than our Bloody Mary selfie from yesterday with nobody laughing at our attempt as we walked by.
#youngpeopledisrespectingtheold

Now it was time for the festival experience I'd been most excited for; the long missed Animation Academy! Luckily the line for the 5:00 show was fairly short so we got in no problem. The set up was cute and we drew Stitch which I'm pretty sure, even after numerous times doing the class at HS, we've never drawn:IMG_0832.JPG

That's Steve's, not bad! Ricky usually has the best drawing.

So here's where the day began going downhill. And where your usually not-planned-to-the-minute schedule failed us. If you're familiar with any of my reports you know that for adult only trips we do very minimal planning, especially with ADR's, and usually end up changing things around. Even when the boys come and we plan more we normally switch many days around. We just can't stay married to a schedule and like to be able to do what we want when we want as much as possible. Hence only having Morimoto and Citricos pre-booked for this trip.

Lunch at Capt. Cook's worked out splendidly but the hanger began setting in pretty much when we sat for the class. We began discussing where to go; I was feeling Y&Y at AK or Sanaa at AKL but Steve wasn't really. Also, the crowds were fairly monstrous and while lots of character meals were open, lots of restaurants we'd go to had nothing until around 8:30-9 and we wanted to eat NOW. Also as I'm picker than Steve (no seafood or weird meat for me) that limited us somewhat and I didn't want steak tonight since I'd had that gorgeous filet the night before at Citricos and niether of us were feeling Italian, but the only options were Mama Melrose or Trattoria anyway. Trattoria would have been a better way to go.......

Which brought us to staying in Epcot. We basically had Coral Reef (no) Akershus surprisingly (no), Teppan Edo (no) Rose & Crown at 7 and Marrakesh. I was getting grumpy and I admit it, a little pissed that we couldn't agree on Y&Y or Sanaa where I had delicious chicken dishes in mind. Steve told me to pick which was a bit ironic so in a moment of hanger and panic I chose Marrakesh.

Now also unbeknownst to you guys is that we had an absolutely delicious meal there over Thanksgiving; in fact it was one of our top 2 meals of the trip. We'd eaten there twice before and loved it also, so it wasn't like we felt it was a BAD choice but we weren't feeling that either. And I'd be getting beef which I didn't want. But I'd loved my app in Nov. so figured I'd get that and fill up on their great sangria.

Cue the continuing downhill roll...............................

We made the reservation, got there 5 minutes early and waited about 20 minutes to be seated. Finally had these:

For Steve:

rm2.jpg

And I decided I needed my Moscato:

rm3.jpg

Stay tuned for my next post to see the continuation of our (well, my) downhill dinner..............

if any of you have read my previous dining reports you may remember Chris's love for CMC's after dinner warm towels:

hottowel1-jpg.389519
Oh, my goodness, the JOY on his face!!!!! :) This is adorable.

I'll be adding a couple other restaurants as I want to have 2 table service a day. No dealing with QS much during Dec. 28-Jan 1st which are our dates, but I don't book till June so plenty of time to figure it out. I'm just so excited to be going for New Years' I had to share our recent conversation.
I feel the same way!!! I keep wanting to talk about what our December game plan will be, and Rob looks at me like, Don't you have a May trip you can obsess about for awhile first? Uh, hello...that trip is already planned and ready to roll. Work with me here!

OMG I need to fit these in to my May trip. If you've had these you understand why I was drooling on the monorail ride over. If you've never had them then you have no idea what you're missing! The chips are like Uber Disney chips with extra crunch and the perfect amount of salt; the cheese sauce is better than any cheese sauce I've ever had and the pulled pork, which I normally don't eat, is a great combination of sweet and smoky. The onions aren't overpowering and neither is my favorite part, the pineapple salsa! So if you don't really like pineapple that much it shouldn't deter you from trying these.
Oh, wow. I am completely sold now. I absolutely LOVE those Disney chips! Like seriously can't get enough. I don't usually love pulled pork either, but I'm thinking this dish overall would be perfect...like right now.

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

They also brought bread with our drinks, I ripped right into it but here's a picture of half the loaf:

rm.jpg

As I said, I figured I'd order the app I had in Nov. because it was really good. We'd gotten two new to us apps, one we didn't enjoy but the other was delicious so we each ended up taking like 2 bites. I was sure I knew which was which, so I ordered the

Chicken Bastilla
Baked layers of thin pastry filled with minced chicken and almonds sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar

rm1.jpg

Guess which one we hadn't like in Nov? What we'd gotten and loved in Nov. were the beef brewat rolls and we hadn't really liked this, my mistake. The rolls were rolls, and had beef lol. They were very flaky with much less sugar and the pastry wasn't too thick; this pastry was VERY thick. One wouldn't call the beef brewat rolls the most moist (moist :P) things on the planet but the chicken bastilla was dry as anything. I took a few bites out of hunger but that was it.
No one app called out to Steve so we just ordered something we'd never had before:

A Taste of Moroccan Salads
Green pepper and tomato, marinated olives, carrots, potatoes, and cucumber salad

rm4.jpg

First, the description has changed because the mix in the middle had eggplant in it. Second, THIS was delicious and we heartily enjoyed almost every bite of this. I didn't touch the carrots but Steve liked them; the potatoes were cooked well and had a nice flavor, Steve ate most of them because I concentrated on the eggplant concoction and the olives. The cucumber and tomato salad was also good with a light vinegar dressing drizzled on it. This was not filling, hit the spot, and was nice to have a mixture of the different salads to try.

For his entree Steve got what he'd had in November and loved:

Shrimp Chermoula Tangine
Artichoke bottoms, pearl onions, small potatoes, and saffron-anise broth

rm7.jpg

There was a good amount of shrimp in here and he loved the broth. He was happy with the app salad and his entree, and his beer. Good for him!

I've always gotten kebobs here, chicken or beef. Even though I really didn't want beef tonight I got the beef kebobs because back in Nov. when I got them they were so freakin' tasty, the seasoning on the meat and the rice side that came with it had me cleaning my plate.

Grilled Beef Tenderloin Shish Kebab
Grilled tenderloin of beef with mixed vegetables and yellow rice

rm5.jpg

I know the meat doesn't look that bad but unfortunately it was. It was almost as dry as my bastilla :( and there was like no Nov. seasoning on it. I was SO disappointed, I took like 4 bites to see if I was imagining it. I wasn't. Something had changed since Nov. or I got a seriously bad plate of meat. The rice had also changed, in Nov. it had some spicy peppers in it and it had more taste. This was plain. I was a b***h (I put the asterisks there buys) and didn't eat any of this after my 4 bites :snooty: It was so bad I didn't want to ingest crappy calories or waste stomach space. I felt bad when our server came to take our plates and I rarely don't eat anything and I shouldn't have ordered this to begin with so it was in part my fault.

Because it was freezing outside, cold inside, and I was still not full I did order a cappuccino:

rm8.jpg

And that was good! I also came up with a plan to make my bell feel better :sunny:

We left and it was only about 7:45 but we were done so we walked back to the Beach Club. Can I stop for a minute and say how much I love this? It had been awhile since we'd stayed in the BW area and I remembered how convenient it is when leaving Epcot at night. And how convenient it is when you want ice cream at night!

rm9.jpg

Not the best picture I know but this made up for our dinner. I believe I got a combo of the

Butter Pecan Brittle Ice Cream
Dark Brown Sugar Ice Cream with Pieces of House-made Roasted Pecan Brittle
and
Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream
The creamiest Vanilla Ice Cream made with Cream Cheese and gobs of House-made St. Louis-Style Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. A staff favorite!

Oh and this is from Ample Hills (ample hills :D will never get old). Steve asked if I wanted to stand inside and eat since it was like 35 degrees outside but nope, we walked back over to Beach Club with it!

My moral for this story is, don't be afraid to wing it sometimes with your dining plans. Even though this particular time didn't necessarily work in our favor, it wasn't the worst experience we've ever had and is the only time I can remember when not having pre-booked ADR's has caused a problem of any kind for us. It won't change our future trips, we'll still make a couple for adult only trips and then plan on the fly, but we did make 2 reservations for the following day when we got back to our room after Ample Hills! It was going to be our last day and I wanted to make sure we ate GOOD! We'll probably also go back to Marrakesh at some point in the future but not on our next few trips. Our meal in Nov. was so incredibly good, the boys loved it, and really it was my bad ordering that caused this to not be stellar. I do recommend it if you've never eaten there but have thought about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!