Dessert Party Minimums

nicolej92

Mouseketeer
So, in Passporter's, I read that the Disney catered event experience for a dessert party was $150 per person. When I look at some of the sample menus, they are only $30-$40 a person.

I know some venues have a minimum to rent the venue, which is fine, but I am confused if I am supposed to design the menu to be $150 per person or if I am only paying the $30-$40 a person. I am very confused.

Help?!

Are you talking about the Dessert Party version of Mini Wishes? Where you have a dessert party/cocktail party instead of a formal reception?

Those menus are just suggestions - they aren't the only option. In order to meet the $150 per person minimum to have a Wishes Catered Event, you would need to customize a menu that, when combined with your per person beverage expenses and the per person cost of your cake, reaches $150. So say your cake costs $15/person and your bar package is $40 per person, you and the chef would customize a menu that cost at least $95/person.

Those menus are just suggestions - they aren't the only option. In order to meet the $150 per person minimum to have a Wishes Catered Event, you would need to customize a menu that, when combined with your per person beverage expenses and the per person cost of your cake, reaches $150. So say your cake costs $15/person and your bar package is $40 per person, you and the chef would customize a menu that cost at least $95/person.
I think I am getting myself confused. We are having a Swan and Dolphin wedding and just want to add the dessert party on at night. Would that be the $150 per person? Or just whatever I choose to spend on the menu with meeting location minimums.

I think I am getting myself confused. We are having a Swan and Dolphin wedding and just want to add the dessert party on at night. Would that be the $150 per person? Or just whatever I choose to spend on the menu with meeting location minimums.

Right, as @TinkLoverSam said, the $100/$125/$150 per person minimums are only for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings events. Events planned through Disney's Catered events just have venue-specific minimums (and a new overall $1,000 minimum to plan an event through them).

I'm confused now. I've booked a Dessert Party through Disney Weddings and I thought it was a $250 food and beverage min in total rather than per person. Are they all different? *panic reads emails*. I'm sure it's to do with venue right?

I'm confused now. I've booked a Dessert Party through Disney Weddings and I thought it was a $250 food and beverage min in total rather than per person. Are they all different? *panic reads emails*. I'm sure it's to do with venue right?
Yes, you have a $250 F&B minimum for your party based on the location. The other minimums are if you book a dessert party AS the reception not IN ADDITION TO the reception.

Does anyone have sample menus for dessert parties I'm thinking of having on after our reception which we think is going to be at ariels

Can anyone explain the process to me im even more confused now.

If i wanted a private dessert party after my wedding in uk at epcot. What sort of prices would it be?

The process is slightly different if you are having a Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding than if you are getting married elsewhere. Is your wedding in the UK at Epcot, or are you saying you want a dessert party in the UK at Epcot?

This episode of the podcast explains everything: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2016/07/06/how-to-plan-a-small-private-event-at-walt-disney-world/

This post on my blog also explains everything: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

Pricing depends on...
  • Where you want the party
  • How many guests you expect
  • Whether you need to transport your guests
  • Whether your guests have park admission
If you can give us more details, we can help you estimate the price.

Ahh thank you.

So we are planning to be married at Sea Breeze Point, ADRs at Flying Fish and then on to a Dessert Party and would really like it at the UK pub as there will only be 8-10 people.

Most people will have the park admission. I dont think we will need transport as we can walk from the Boardwalk to Epcot.

OK, so this post will tell you specifically about planning for UK Pubside: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/epcot-dessert-party/

The venue fee is $150 and the food and beverage minimum is $250. There is 24% service charge on food and beverage and 6.5% tax on everything, including the service charge.
  • If you book through Disney Catered Events, you can't wear your wedding gown and they now require you to spend at least $1,000 overall; the one benefit is that you will only pay the $10/person viewing fee for guests who do not have park admission.
  • If you book through your Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings planner you can wear your wedding gown but you will pay the viewing fee for everyone except the bridal couple. Also, they may require you to pay a much higher deposit than Disney Catered Events requires. People have had mixed results with that.
Also, no matter who you go through, they may at first tell you UK Pubside is not an option, but they just have to get permission from the park to use it.

@lurkyloo Do you have any idea if there are minimums for the Muppets Courtyard or if Pizza Rizzo is available for actual weddings?

Both locations would require special permission from the park to do your reception there, but you can ask your sales consultant to request them. Sometimes you have to be really patient cuz it takes a while to hear back.

The venue fee for Pizza Rizzo is $250, but the food and beverage minimum is not listed in the document I have. I don't have any recent info on Muppets Courtyard, so that pricing would have to come from the park team as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!