Destash 2017 The Year to Clear

2 partial cans of concrete epoxy paint used upon the front porch steps
1 paint brush - used up
3 grocery bags of misc paperwork - recycled
1 power charger - donated
1 clock - donated
5 used Gift cards (no balance) - recycled (count as 1 item)

9 items left the house yesterday

604/2017 items for the year so far 29.89% of goal

Small win for me, I took 5 large bundles of plastic bags to the school/church rummage sale! It's silly but these things take up so much space but I kept forgetting to take them to the store. I also managed to limit the amount of stuff my kids brought home from rummage sale, another small victory.
I'm ready to start another big purge, but it will probably have to wait until the kids go back to school.

A few more things have left the house today
1 Broken picture frame - trashed
9 printer ink cart - recycled
2 books - donated

12 items left the house yesterday

616/2017 items for the year so far 30% of goal

So proud of my college bound daughter. She went through her clothes this weekend with an eye to what she would wear again as a college student. There were maybe thirty sentimental items she put in the top of her closet. But she took nine 13gal bags out!!! Amazing!

So proud of my college bound daughter. She went through her clothes this weekend with an eye to what she would wear again as a college student. There were maybe thirty sentimental items she put in the top of her closet. But she took nine 13gal bags out!!! Amazing!
I did that with my daughter last year. We KMd and she held each item. When going through the clothes-storm, she found a beloved shirt that filled her with joy that she had 'lost'. She was very happy about that, and I was very happy to donate all the other stuff!

The flea market is over, but I haven't stopped decluttering. Tuesday I did the hall closet. I have three bags of stuff to go (mostly coats) and the vacuum fits where it's supposed to again!

I've been stalling on here for an hour. I'm off now to start the medicine cabinet and linen closet.

I hit a wall this year. I didn't get much done. DD's senior year had us so busy. She leaves for college nextweek. I plan on keeping busy by decluttering. This will help me from being so sad :( My craft room is such a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goals for the last two weeks of this month
Craft room
-shred old recipets and bills
-put kalax shelf together
-go through my drawers
-go through my craft closet. I know I have 2 old leap frog readers, wedding shoes and see what else I can try selling

Sept.
-Will be the garage

4 pairs of shoes donated
6 T-Shirts donated
1 socket/tool set donated

1 box of misc robotics parts brought to robotics center

12 items left the house yesterday

628/2017 items for the year so far 31% of goal

Bag of odds and ends donated
Threw out small electric BBQ

Donated a couple bags of clothing to our local soup kitchen last week. Listed some outgrown sports team apparel on Ebay yesterday. Hope some of it moves, I want it out!

Popping in to say hey!!
I got rid of 186 books I purchased at rummage sale for a friend who is a new teacher. Today I am bagging up the pile I've already accumulated for next years rummage sale.
I'm still ready for another great purge but I need other people to be on board and I need about 5 more hours to the day.

I finally hit my spare room on Saturday. I went through old receipts and put in the shred pile. I also went through 2 plastic shoe containers of old pictures. I separated them buy category and placed in a large storage that has separate lil container for each category. I love the container storage with handle I bought at Michael's. At a later time I will go through and divide the doubles to give to my daughter the day she get married and moves out( she's only 19 so a few years to go).
I also went through 3-4 other containers.

Got rid of 4 expired items from pantry

During the week I plan on shredding a large pile of old bills, receipts and misc papers. I need to go through 3 small/medium containers under my craft table. I will put my kallax shelf under and I will be able to store some items in a more organized way.

I have several things to sell so I need to get on it or donate it all
----------------------------------------------
After posting this I took a break from internet and tv. I went into my room and kon mari'd my drawers. I had 3 full drawers stuffed and just a hot mess!!!!!!!!!!!I now have one empty drawer. I have 3 more drawer for another day. I ended up tossing 2 pj pants, and 11 tops and pj tops, plus I got rid of 6-7 tops to sell or donate. I cleaned out my fridge, organized my plastic food containers, did the dishes, put a load in the washer, folded load of towels, cleaned the toilet, took out the trash. I still need to go grocery shopping. So much for my day to relax and re-energize-lol!

Last edited:
I haven't been keeping up but just started again. I am up to 425/2017. I have a bunch of boxes and bags I need to count out so I will e adding to that soon. That was mostly just Dh and my closet. I realize I forgot to add all the items that were tossed not donated.

I sold 111 things at a consignment sale last week. I sold $33 at a garage sale at our gym and took the leftovers immediately to Salvation Army. I am dropping off a desk, headboard, books, and clothes to SA tomorrow.

I am still slowly at it. I am at 626/2017, so 31%. I really want the clutter out. I am having a hard time with the whole"it's still good, it costs X amount of money.." I also find the sentimental items very tough. I just keep skipping over them. When I stop to peruse them I just stall out while I go down memory lane.

I have so much Disney stuff. I have a huge rubbermaid bin of items from fish extender gifts and things from our disney cruises. An insane amount of pins from WDW-not sure what to do with these.

I would love to know how anyone processes the items handed down to you from family. I have an all kinds of items my parents kept, and after my dad dies, my mom started going thru boxes and keeps giving me stuff. While I love seeing it all, I can't keep it all. Same with so many of the items my kids want to keep. they have old banks, rocking horses, playmobile, hess trucks, tons and tons of legos...

Anyone who has dealt with these successfully? Love to hear what you have done? How do you pare it down?

DS10 agreed to sell 8 of his Imaginext sets that were just taking space in his closet. 8 sets gone, he's $85 richer and lots of upper shelf space in his closet. Triple win!

I am still slowly at it. I am at 626/2017, so 31%. I really want the clutter out. I am having a hard time with the whole"it's still good, it costs X amount of money.." I also find the sentimental items very tough. I just keep skipping over them. When I stop to peruse them I just stall out while I go down memory lane.

I have so much Disney stuff. I have a huge rubbermaid bin of items from fish extender gifts and things from our disney cruises. An insane amount of pins from WDW-not sure what to do with these.

I would love to know how anyone processes the items handed down to you from family. I have an all kinds of items my parents kept, and after my dad dies, my mom started going thru boxes and keeps giving me stuff. While I love seeing it all, I can't keep it all. Same with so many of the items my kids want to keep. they have old banks, rocking horses, playmobile, hess trucks, tons and tons of legos...

Anyone who has dealt with these successfully? Love to hear what you have done? How do you pare it down?

For Disney stuff check with your local
Make a Wish they might take it.

Are your kids out of the house? If yes tell them to come get their stuff. If still at home try selling and give them the cash. It motivated my DD to get rid of stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!