Destash 2018 Bust the Dust

BIG DETASH TODAY!!!!!!

my condo is under contract! Inspection next week...no issues with anything so not worried..then escrow which should go well too as they have awesome credit and preapproved for a lot more than my condo.
Thankful it only took 8 days on the market.

Hoping to be able to start packing after inspection!

Good to hear.
BIG DETASH TODAY!!!!!!

my condo is under contract! Inspection next week...no issues with anything so not worried..then escrow which should go well too as they have awesome credit and preapproved for a lot more than my condo.
Thankful it only took 8 days on the market.

Hoping to be able to start packing after inspection!

Got rid of a few more items this past week :)

1 cardboard box - recycled
1 bag of trash - trashed
2 boxes of assorted “stuff” - packed and waiting pick-up by DS
1 area rug - trashed
1 sleeping bag - donated 1 pillow - donated
15 dish clothes - donated
8 place mats - donated

30 items left the house

470 items of 2018 or 23.29% of goal

Getting some packing done today.

Donating:
2 floral pieces
Small box of scrapbooking stuff
3 small wall art pieces
Floor lamp

Trashed:
Misc scrapbook paper pieces
4 dryed out markers
Small pieces wrapping paper

Pretty much ready for our community yard sale next weekend.

Shredded over 45 gift cards - checked the balance on all of them before doing so and found 1 from Target with $5 on it! :dogdance:

Finally printed a picture for a picture frame I've had for...IDK...2 years....and put it where I wanted it.

Added more things to the yard sale pile. Depending what doesn't sell, I will keep some for the next yard sale or consignment sale and donate the rest.

Sold a desk and my dining room set!

Still trying to sell a couple shelves and desk chair. Going to give it another week or so then donate. 43 days until the movers come.

Sold a desk and my dining room set!

Still trying to sell a couple shelves and desk chair. Going to give it another week or so then donate.

Had a pretty productive weekend! Yard sale on Saturday - made $185!

Sold - outdoor bistro set
2 outdoor rocking chairs
kids chair
misc toys
misc crafts
24 drinking glasses
3 Disney mugs
3 beach signs
15 picture frames
20 books
2 photo albums
8 pieces of clothing
a vase with seashells
2 cans of spray paint
10 packages of glow sticks
thumb tacks
.....and more

Pretty much anything that was left and couldn't be consigned was taken to Savers. (2 huge boxes)

Mommy2mrb-congrats on the quick sale!!! I’m sure that is a huge weight lifted. Hope it closes smoothly.

I’m alternating weekends between projects and decluttering. This weekend our city had a big community clean up and recycling day.

I took 2 van loads! Giant cardboard boxes and styrofoam from redoing a bath, 2 old area rugs, 2 tires, big box of old window blinds, 2 steam cleaners that were worn out, and a broken screen door that one of our dogs ran through.

Today-
Threw out shoes a dog ate
Put books in donate pile
Cut up bunch of old credit and plastic cards that had been sitting in a drawer
Recycled bunch of paper
Cleaned out junk drawer

DD’s graduation is next month so I’m pushing to get things done!

Our city/county is having a hazardous waste collection this Saturday. We are finally getting rid of old racing gasoline. I kid you not, we have a 50lb. Drum. I called and asked if they will take it and they said definitely. They are going to use it for their lawnmowers this summer. Gasoline does not get to a point where it cannot be used, and since we have it stored and sealed they will take it. My neighbor works for the county and he is picking it up Friday, thank goodness. We have been storing it for almost 10 years.

Took the gas to the hazardous waste collection. They were not happy and told us how to reuse it. But we showed them that the gas was high premium and it was very tacky/ sticky, so they took.

Sold a pair of Capri’s and a shirt for $10.

I recycled 12 Disney t-shirts and made a t-shirt quilt for myself.

203/2018

Last edited:
I've been collecting some stuff to donate for a couple months now and I finally took it to Goodwill, so I can record it :)

52 items out of my house this weekend!!!!

Donated
1 - coffee carafe
6 - serving cups
1 - blu-ray
6 - dresses
2 - dress pants
1 - capris
3 - shorts
2 - tank tops
1 - leggings
6 - shirts
3 - swimsuits
4 - hats
1 - winter jacket
1 - kitchen cabinet rack

Trash
1 - miniblind
2 - containers of putty
3 - body sprays
2 - lotions
2 - headbands
2 - pairs of shoes
1 - set of floor mats for car
1 - solar light

179 total items out of 2018 out of the house,
1839items to go

DD brought home clothes from college closet. So she gave up clothes that she said I don' t want to see again. Handed a bag to friend who came over. A bag and 3 pairs of shoes are going to coworker. One bag went to donate bin. And she gave up old blankets those I did stick in a box, I'll use them to save plants from frost - my new cherry willow bloomed and it was below 32 degrees Saturday night- so I wrapped it all up :)
And 6 large pink folders went out that teachers thought she needed in school the largest ones made.

Not much for decluttering here this past week.

Did shred about 4 zero balance gift cards

Finally hung up my collage picture wall. It looks fabulous and 27 frames/art are off the floor. :)

I fell off the destash wagon. We blitz cleaned the house for our refinance but now I just have a huge pile waiting for school to get out so we can load up for rummage sale. Now that the house is deep cleaned I really want to start tackling rooms. Need to get the rest of the family on board though.

Have another load to take to donations:
Dress
Handmade crochet shawl that I've used once in 15 years
Deflated but new football
4 books
And a box my DD filled with her stuff because she thought my destashing is a good idea.

Taking final load to donate today.
My house is full of boxes -smells like cardboard lol

31 days until movers come eek!
Still have remainder of kitchen, bathrooms, clothes and last minute to pack stuff but happy with where I am in the process.

Condo got through appraisal process with no issues and new house is moving along in schedule!

I have been spring cleaning like crazy this weekend. Collected a jacket, 4 purses, mirror, and some odds and ends to add to the donate pile. DD finally went through her small pile and added more donations. DH took the plastic bags, bottles, batteries, lightbulbs, and ink cartridges to recycle.

Someone responded to my Next Door ad and will pick up 6 carpet remnants tomorrow. That cleared a nice space in the garage!

2 more weekends until DD’s graduation.

I have been spring cleaning like crazy this weekend. Collected a jacket, 4 purses, mirror, and some odds and ends to add to the donate pile. DD finally went through her small pile and added more donations. DH took the plastic bags, bottles, batteries, lightbulbs, and ink cartridges to recycle.

Someone responded to my Next Door ad and will pick up 6 carpet remnants tomorrow. That cleared a nice space in the garage!

2 more weekends until DD’s graduation.

It's good that you have started early. We had a 900 sq ft apt. But so much storage in basement. I had baby furniture down there (meanwhile my ONLY child was 11 at the time I finally got rid of it haha. The hardest part was getting rid of all her small little toys in the DP bins, she's very sentimental like me...but we had to go by that rule, if you haven't used it in a week...it's gone! In the end, we still had to pay an extra 75 bucks to the movers for being slightly over on items. But we are very happy in NC and our new place is very clean and organized!!! Keep up the good work, the time goes very fast...it's already been 6 months for us!

Thank you! I have a whole closet of toys I haven’t let go of yet. My school does a holiday “shopping” time for our students so I’ll probably donate them to that.

Where did you move to in NC? I’m sorry if you posted this before! We are planning to go to the Charlotte area. Maybe the SC side, we’re going to check it out this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter