4 dull steak knives - trashed
1 partial notepad - used up
1 remote for an item that is no longer owned - recycled
12 assorted tech cables - gave away/recycled
1 box or transparency sheets - given to DS for a project
5 packages of certificates and certificate holders - donated
1 stackable ginormous weight set floor unit- sold

954 items of 500 decluttered or 190.8% of goal

On Saturday, we did a massive office purge. Basically, if we haven't seen it, touched it, used it or even knew we had it in the last three years, IT WENT! It took us about 6 hours.
We ended up with 4 garbage bags of micro shred documents and about 2 trash bags of just trash/mess and crap. I also incorporated my reusable bag purge by filling two large totes for donation, so that's a double purge for me.

I just took a load of Christmas stuff to donate and my husband cleaned out his work room and got rid of a ton of old computer stuff and college papers.

I'm almost done wrapping Christmas presents and I feel like Oprah this year. "You get a bow and you get a bow and you get bow". Everybody gets a bow this year; gotta clean those bows out. I'm also stategicaly using my old gift bags to clear those out as well. My year end total is @550. I'm looking forward to next year's purge.

Wrapping up the decluttering for the year final update. December was a busy month but was able to still move some stuff out of the house! Almost doubled my goal for the year. Looking forward to continuing more declutering next year

2 4x6 Frames - gave to DIL
3 boxes of misc lego - DS house
1 graphics card - sold ebay
1 comic book - sold ebay
1 comic book - sold ebay
9 comic books - sold ebay
3 comic books - sold ebay
2 manilla envelope - used to ship comics
2 cardboard box - used for ebay shipping
3 boxes of school stuff - back to school
8 bins of robotics stuff - returned to school from summer clean out
2 Partial notepads - used up
1 Dead Pen - Trashed
1 spatual - broke and trashed

Final Tally for the year
992 items of 500 decluttered or 198.4% of goal

I got 3 new sweaters this Winter so I got rid of 8 old ones!
Ending the year with 3 big bags to donate.

Did not keep track of individual items for the year but donated 9 bags of clothes and around 20 books, and gave some toys to a co-worker for her little girls.

We are in. Our local kids consignment pop up sale is in February. I want to have all the clothes tagged and ready to go and any toys we don’t use anymore. Our goal is to clean out our basement so it’s not storage anymore so we can use it as an actual family room. We’ve been in this house 2 years. If it’s still in a box at this point, it’s time to go!

I got rid of maybe 60% of my clothes this year, and I LOVE IT. My closet is no longer cramped, and all I have is stuff I really use. I no longer have anything that doesn't fit /nothing that I could wear "if I only had this other item".

I could still get rid of another dozen or so items and be perfectly happy. When I retire after next school year I'll be able to let go of the 6-8 school polo shirts (and matching khaki pants) that I don't enjoy but am required to wear for work on "open to the public days".

I'm dedicated to the idea of filling the trunk of my car TODAY and going to Goodwill tomorrow -- not clothes, but other things today.

Year end wrap up! Man I had a ton of brand new stuff that I never used or used once that I added to everyone's Christmas gifts. So my fam received two or three gifts because I decluttered. Goal 250!

5 insulated coffee mugs re-gifted for Christmas
2 insulated cups re-gifted for Christmas
1 messenger bag re-gifted for Christmas
1 DKNY tote bag re-gifted for Christmas
3 shampoo, conditioner and styling spray - Thanks QVC for buy one get one free
25 printer, cords and more cords
13 cleaned sock drawer
21 cleaned underwear drawer
93 various junk items from my Study. They filled 3 garbage bags
164 TOTAL

255/250

YES!!! I reached me goal. Come on 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!