Detailed Review of The Brown Derby!

Esmeralda

Earning My Ears
We had a 4:30 p.m. Fantasmic dinner PS at the Brown Derby (at Disney-MGM Studios). Background:

My Mom (50s) – likes practically everything but is the best at knowing what’s good and what isn’t. Favorites are Italian and seafood.
My dad (50s) – extremely picky! Favorites are Barbecue, Italian and seafood.
Myself (30) - always told I was a picky eater but compared to my dad, I’m not! Favorites are Asian food and seafood.
My daughter (5-1/2) – doesn’t like “traditional” kid’s foods like mac and cheese, etc. Has developed a gourmet taste already! Favorites are pasta, crab legs, salmon and ribs.
We are all major dessert lovers.
Our rating system is yucky, so-so, good, very good, and excellent.

With the Fantasmic dinner package, each person pays a set price and gets an appetizer, entrée, and dessert.

The Cobb salad counts as 2 appetizers, so my mom and I shared it. It was “excellent,” just like we remembered from 3 years ago.

I ordered the salmon, which was “very good.”

My mom ordered the grouper and said it was “excellent.”

My dad ordered the crab cake as his appetizer and rated it “excellent.” (He had crab cakes at other restaurants on our 2-week vacation but this was the only “excellent” rating.) As his entrée, he ordered the filet and called it “good.”

My daughter ordered the Salad and Grilled Chicken Breast served with roasted red potatoes and fresh vegetables, both from the kid’s menu. She said the salad was “good” and the chicken was “very good.” I have the kid’s menu if anyone is interested in details.

For desserts, we all shared, but I ordered the Grapefruit Cake because I had heard so much about it from this website. It was “excellent” as far as cakes go, but I couldn’t detect any grapefruit flavor at all! But it was a very good, moist white cake. My Mom ordered the Bananas Foster Mascarpone Cheesecake which was also “excellent.” My Dad ordered the Hazelnut Praline Crème Brulee. He didn’t like it but my mom and I thought it was “excellent.” Brooke ordered an ice cream sundae and also declared it “excellent!”

We will definitely eat at the Brown Derby again on our next trip to WDW.

Check out my other Disney restaurant reviews on this board including: Citrico’s, Narcoossee’s, Rose & Crown, Fulton’s, Jiko, Boma, California Grille, Restaurant Akershus, Cinderella’s Royal Table & Princess Storybook Character Breakfast, as well as my Universal restaurant reviews on the Universal board!

Glad you guys enjoyed the Brown Derby! Your meals sounded fantastic. I think the grouper is excellent too!

For sharing your review of BD I enjoyed reading.::yes:: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter