Determined to make the most of this weekend!

butterscotchcollins

Drop Chicken
This is a Dorian positivity thread! Since I don't control the weather all I can do is stay positive and make the most of my weekend. We're arriving tomorrow night 8/29 and scheduled to depart Monday evening 9/2. Super excited for our trip still, even if some of the outdoor attractions may be closed, there's still plenty to do.

The ONE thing I want to make sure I can do come hell or high water is ride Slinky Dog Dash - haven't been to TSL yet and this is Priority #1. I'll get up at 5am Saturday just to ride it before running over to MK for our 7:45 ADR at BOG. Am I crazy? Probably! But am I trying to make the most of the weekend and still have fun? Yes!

Who's with me??? :)

We are staying the same dates! I have no plans to cancel my trip. I'm an AP so I've been 6 times already this year. It will be wet for sure but still fun!

That's the spirit guys!

I asked this question in another thread but just in case anyone has the answer: do outdoor attractions operate in the rain if there is no lightning?

We live in South Florida and have been keeping an eye on the reports. Latest report says storm possibly a cat 3 on Monday when it might hit Florida. Too soon to know, this thing keeps changing.

The ONE thing I want to make sure I can do come hell or high water is ride Slinky Dog Dash - haven't been to TSL yet and this is Priority #1. I'll get up at 5am Saturday just to ride it before running over to MK for our 7:45 ADR at BOG. Am I crazy? Probably! But am I trying to make the most of the weekend and still have fun? Yes!

This doesn't really seem doable to me. HS "opens" at 6am but will probably start letting people in at 5:40 or earlier, so if you are getting up at 5am, unless you are walkable to the park (Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach) I don't see how you get to the park in time for rope drop, and definitely won't be at the front of the pack unless you ARRIVE at the park an hour early. If you get there after the rope droppers I would count on at least some level of wait for SDD, which will make you miss BOG.

That's the spirit guys!

I asked this question in another thread but just in case anyone has the answer: do outdoor attractions operate in the rain if there is no lightning?
Some do. The roller coasters tend to not run in rain. I’ve been on a roller coaster when the sky opened and getting pelted by a downpour HURTS.

This doesn't really seem doable to me. HS "opens" at 6am but will probably start letting people in at 5:40 or earlier, so if you are getting up at 5am, unless you are walkable to the park (Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach) I don't see how you get to the park in time for rope drop, and definitely won't be at the front of the pack unless you ARRIVE at the park an hour early. If you get there after the rope droppers I would count on at least some level of wait for SDD, which will make you miss BOG.
My suggestion is to take a Lyft or Minnie Van from DHS to the Contemporary resort and then walk to MK. I think you’ll make it, but you’re definitely going to be staring at your watch all morning.

This is a Dorian positivity thread! Since I don't control the weather all I can do is stay positive and make the most of my weekend. We're arriving tomorrow night 8/29 and scheduled to depart Monday evening 9/2. Super excited for our trip still, even if some of the outdoor attractions may be closed, there's still plenty to do.

Who's with me??? :)
Looking to b a cat 3 now, parks will close.

We arrive on Friday for a week... We have our rain jackets and determined to have an awesome time... My biggest question is we have the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP tour on Monday and wondering if I should cancel that so we get a full refund since we are still within the full refund period...

One thing to keep in mind is that the exact track of the storm will likely change, especially as you go longer out in the forecast. This note is from NHC:

"Users are reminded not to focus on the exact forecast track, as the average 5-day track error
is around 200 miles."

I really appreciate the positivity! I'm not too concerned because as many have stated, there's no way to accurately know how this is going to go yet so I'm trying to remain calm. However, I'm going with a large family group and I'm sure I'm going to have to talk some of them down. Haha. If it's just lots of rain, we will be fine, we're from Seattle 😉

We arrive tomorrow night (Thursday) as well and don't leave until the next Thursday. I think my main concern is we have the Halloween Party Monday and my sister's bday on Tuesday. Fingers crossed nothing messes with those!

Looking to b a cat 3 now, parks will close.

Depends on where it makes landfall. If it hits in Jacksonville 140 miles away, parks aren't going to close necessarily.

Remember, that Cat 3 wind is only in concentrated areas at the center of the storm. The other giant swirly part may have gusts of high wind, but it's not sustained 115 MPH.

I with your positivity! My dilemma is... we are supposed to drive up from Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday. As long as the roads are safe we're headed out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter