DFB's Interpretation of Sharing Credits, "Double Drinks," and More

TigerlilyAJ

DIS Veteran
AJ at the Disney Food Blog just posted a video today (Aug 31) about some issues discussed here. So you might find some of the ways she has used the DDP. Some things she states seem well-known and established, while other uses cover things people often have questions about and/or have encountered push back from CMs and restaurant managers.
YMMV
I do wonder what exactly the "double drinks" idea is. Some of it just sounds like a courtesy at TS places, to give you coffee as well as, say, an alcoholic beverage. Experiences welcome!

At Ohana on the DDP we were able to get a soft drink (I didn't, but bf got a sweet tea) as well as order an alcoholic drink. Be Our Guest for breakfast and lunch we were able to get an alcoholic beverage and an included beverage like coffee, fountain drink, bottle of water (what we got and put in our backpacks for later). That's all my experience from last trip but we have reso's for Tusker House and Storybook Dining coming up on our trip next week and I believe both have a soft drink beverage included (POG juice for Tusker).

We were able to get an alcoholic beverage and a soft beverage or coffee at any of the buffets we wnet to. I also think at CG the soft beverage was not charged.

At Ohana on the DDP we were able to get a soft drink (I didn't, but bf got a sweet tea) as well as order an alcoholic drink. Be Our Guest for breakfast and lunch we were able to get an alcoholic beverage and an included beverage like coffee, fountain drink, bottle of water (what we got and put in our backpacks for later). That's all my experience from last trip but we have reso's for Tusker House and Storybook Dining coming up on our trip next week and I believe both have a soft drink beverage included (POG juice for Tusker).
We were able to get an alcoholic beverage and a soft beverage or coffee at any of the buffets we wnet to. I also think at CG the soft beverage was not charged.
I was curious about this as well, thank you for creating the post.

Thanks for the replies! I would have responded sooner, but no notifications. I guess I have to Watch a thread even when I create it???
Anyway, I thought it was interesting, because AJ was so strong in her statements about what you can and can't do, which somewhat conflict with some experiences posted here. I'm concerned that, as she mentioned in a Vanity Fair interview, she sometimes gets recognized, so maybe her experiences reflect CMs bending over backwards for the influential blogger. In her favor, though, is that her experiences are very current, as she goes all the time, rather than "That's what happened on my 2018 trip."

We stayed at Disney a few months ago and had the regular dining plan. Every table service place we ate dinner at let us get a beverage AND an alcoholic drink. Perhaps some confuse the term 'double drinks' with meaning you can get TWO alcoholic beverages at a single meal in place of the beverage and that in not correct.

For those of us who don't drink is it possible to get a soda/juice and a non-alcoholic specialty drink? I booked Storybook dining and was hoping to get a transformation potion with dinner without any extra cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts