DFTW Price Increases at Walt Disney World

lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings has eliminated its seasonal pricing tiers at Walt Disney World and introduced new year-round prices for Memories, Escape and Wishes.

Memories costs $3,500.

Escape costs $7,000 for resort locations, $7,500 for Canada Terrace and $8,000 for the Wedding Pavilion.

Wishes Ceremony Fees
  • $4,000 at resorts
  • $4,500 at parks
  • $5,000 at the Wedding Pavilion

Wishes Per-person Food and Beverage Minimums

• $140 at brunch
  • $165 at lunch
  • $190 at dinner

Enhancement Minimums

Resort Locations:
  • $5,000 on Tuesday & Wednesday
  • $8,000 on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
  • $10,000 on Saturday
Theme Park Locations:
  • $7,000 on Tuesday & Wednesday
  • $10,000 on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
  • $12,000 on Saturday

New pricing does not affect you if you have signed your Letter of Agreement or have been actively working with a sales consultant on your Letter of Agreement.

https://www.disneyweddings.com/florida/pricing/

Hi @lurkyloo --
Listening to your newest episode now and reviewing these pricing changes...For enhancement minimums for Wishes, do you know if the WP counts as a resort location?

Any idea why they've gone back to year round prices as it wasn't that long ago they introduced seasonal pricing ?

Hi @lurkyloo --
Listening to your newest episode now and reviewing these pricing changes...For enhancement minimums for Wishes, do you know if the WP counts as a resort location?

The Enhancement Minimum is dependent on where you have your reception, not your ceremony. So If you got married at the Wedding Pavilion and had a reception inside Epcot, you'd have to meet the higher Enhancement Minimum. If you got married at the WP and had your reception at the Grand Floridian Convention Center, you'd have the lower Enhancement Minimum.

Any idea why they've gone back to year round prices as it wasn't that long ago they introduced seasonal pricing ?

I'm guessing Seasonal Pricing was super-confusing for people and harder for them to administrate. It also could have been an interim strategy to make these new price hikes seem more palatable...

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings has eliminated its seasonal pricing tiers at Walt Disney World and introduced new year-round prices for Memories, Escape and Wishes.

Memories costs $3,500.

Escape costs $7,000 for resort locations, $7,500 for Canada Terrace and $8,000 for the Wedding Pavilion.

Wishes Ceremony Fees
  • $4,000 at resorts
  • $4,500 at parks
  • $5,000 at the Wedding Pavilion

Wishes Per-person Food and Beverage Minimums

• $140 at brunch
  • $165 at lunch
  • $190 at dinner

Enhancement Minimums

Resort Locations:
  • $5,000 on Tuesday & Wednesday
  • $8,000 on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
  • $10,000 on Saturday
Theme Park Locations:
  • $7,000 on Tuesday & Wednesday
  • $10,000 on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
  • $12,000 on Saturday

New pricing does not affect you if you have signed your Letter of Agreement or have been actively working with a sales consultant on your Letter of Agreement.

https://www.disneyweddings.com/florida/pricing/

Was the old enhancement minimum for theme park locations on a Saturday $10,000? I seem to remember this number from somewhere.. but I switched my reception location from the Contemporary to the GM Lounge after I signed my initial LOA and I didn't see a new enhancement minimum listed in the updated LOA.

So if you had a hundred guests, and were looking at the wedding pavilion, you're looking at ballpark $35,000? ...OUCH.

Was the old enhancement minimum for theme park locations on a Saturday $10,000? I seem to remember this number from somewhere.. but I switched my reception location from the Contemporary to the GM Lounge after I signed my initial LOA and I didn't see a new enhancement minimum listed in the updated LOA.

Saturday's enhancement minimum for all locations was $10,000 before the change. This change doesn't affect you if you've already signed a Letter of Agreement at the old prices.

So if you had a hundred guests, and were looking at the wedding pavilion, you're looking at ballpark $35,000? ...OUCH.

You could keep it to $24,000 if you did a Tuesday or Wednesday brunch.

You could keep it to $24,000 if you did a Tuesday or Wednesday brunch.

You could, but I'm a teacher and I hate the heat. Not that I'm getting married anytime soon, but I guess it would have to be February break or bust. Although let's get serious, my dream has always been the AA Rotunda.

There are still some affordable options on-property, including the Swan & Dolphin, House of Blues, Shades of Green (if you have a government or military sponsor) and even the Four Seasons has cheaper packages than Disney. Here are all my podcast interviews with people who have used these locations: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/category/walt-disney-world/disney-alternatives/

Oh....I am listening to a Four Seasons one right now! More options for my indecisive self! XD Thank you for the link and for running the podcast, it is SO helpful! Do you know if the Four Seasons is still a $3600 package? Or has the price gone up?

We meet our planner next weekend. I just do not want my fiance to be shocked, lol. We have A budget of $30,000. I want to do the ceremony on a Saturday at the Wedding Pavilion, pictures, cake and a reception at the Napa Room with 30 guests that would be including ourselves. Do you think it's possible with $30000?

We meet our planner next weekend. I just do not want my fiance to be shocked, lol. We have A budget of $30,000. I want to do the ceremony on a Saturday at the Wedding Pavilion, pictures, cake and a reception at the Napa Room with 30 guests that would be including ourselves. Do you think it's possible with $30000?

Using the formula in the first post, that's...

Wedding Pavilion: $5,000

+

Food + Beverage Minimum: 30 x $140 at brunch = $4,200

+

Saturday Resort Enhancement Minimum: $10,000

= $19,200 before tax, service charge and the cost of anything you buy from anyone besides Disney (dress, travel, rings, outside photography, etc.)

If you have the PassPorter, you can use the self-calculating budget in the back to plug in what you estimate you'll spend on each element and it'll tell you what tax, service charge and the total will be.

Using the formula in the first post, that's...

Wedding Pavilion: $5,000

+

Food + Beverage Minimum: 30 x $140 at brunch = $4,200

+

Saturday Resort Enhancement Minimum: $10,000

= $19,200 before tax, service charge and the cost of anything you buy from anyone besides Disney (dress, travel, rings, outside photography, etc.)

If you have the PassPorter, you can use the self-calculating budget in the back to plug in what you estimate you'll spend on each element and it'll tell you what tax, service charge and the total will be.
I am sorry what is the Passporter. I think the lady told us over the phone 190 for the dinner but that was before we decided to do it in the Napa Room. We were going to do it in the Grand Floridian. We think it will be weird if we only have about 30 people in a big room.
I thank you for your reply. I guess I am just nervous. My fiance is actually the one who has take the lead on all the planning! Lol go figure. I am just terrible at making decisions. I am pretty much go with the flow.

Yes, if you want to do dinner, the cost is $190/person before the 24% service charge and 6.5% tax. Lunch is $165/person. I posted this episode in your other thread - it explains how pricing works and what the PassPorter is: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2017/01/18/wishes-collection-overview/

It sounds like you have the perfect situation if your fiancé is doing all the planning and you like to go with the flow!

Holy Cow! I am shocked. Husband and I were married in January 2002 (we picked the date prior to 9/11), and paid about $11,000, for 45 guests at the Wedding Pavilion, reception at Living Seas (dinner), Illuminations party and MK photo shoot. WOW. I would NEVER EVER pay $34,000 or anywhere near it for that. Oh and it was on a Saturday too.

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!