• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DH has a ? about liquid refreshments

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
We know WDW does not sell any happy drinks in the parks...except for Epcot I think, anyway, we know Citywalk is the obvious watering hole, do any of the food/rest. serve at US/IOA? This could do some SERIOUS damage to my food budget!:D

FINFAN - it is just MK which doesn't sell the happy juice (Walt apparently hated the smell of beer in theme parks as a boy), but it's available at all the other WDW parks.

We like to sit at the bar in the Enchanted Oak Tavern (Alchemy Bar) in the Lost Continent at IoA.

The three main booze stops are The Alchemy Bar in the Lost Continent, The Watering Hole in Jurassic Park, and the Backwater Bar in the Port of Entry.

They even have happy hour at US & IOA!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Mmmmm....alcohol

hat2.gif

grrr...dumb anglefire

They sell happy drinks in every park but MK as someone previously stated..WDW is by no means a dry vacation...;) I think a lot of Daddies and Mommies would like to see beer in MK, but doubt it wil ever happen...

Epcot and MGM both have restaurants that serve drinks and MGM has bars with Happy Hours also, at least they used too..:D

Both IOA and Universal have bars with happy hours....Margaritas are very good at Universal also...:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

US has beer carts scattered around also. It is real easy to get a brew. Your husband has nothing to worry about. I can certainly relate to his concern.. Sorry, I think your budget is shot!

I figured I would chime in on the happy hour thing here...
While the Alchemy and the Backwater (as well as La Bamba and Finnegans at USF) have happy hours, which means 1/2 price domestic drafts (don't know what else) - they still run you about $2.55 for a pretty small draft. A good deal, but at Citywalk, from 3-7 every day, the beer is 1/2 price and drinks as well. I know at NASCAR domestic pints are $2 all the time (at least they were last time I checked). Not exactly theme park prices! :D
If you're an AP holder, stop into the AP center and pick up some 2 for one drink coupons for various Citywalk spots as well! ;) (again, assuming they still have them!)
Universal definitely makes having a few cocktails much more affordable than Disney! :rolleyes:

Karen

Beers in City Walk are $1.50 for domestic drafts from 3 to 7. Pretty good deal. Just can't bring the beer back into the park. They will make you finish it at the gate. I had no problems chugging it though.

That's right...$1.50, not $2...I'm getting my happy hours confused!!! I know that at NASCAR, the pricing doesn't end at 7pm...it's easy to spend time there...nice frosty pints!

I know some of the bars have specials on drinks as well...at Margaritaville, I think it's $3 for a regular margarita.
Oddly enough, the skybox lounge at NBA City doesn't participate, I found that curious.
Does Hard Rock take part in happy hour? I've never been in there...

Karen

You guys are so fun! I am getting VERY thirsty;) Thanks for all the help, good thing we are staying on-site...no drinking and driving...BAD, BAD, BAD!!!! I believe it will be in our best interest to do all the coasters first B4 partaking, and in the best interest of those on the ground BELOW DH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter