DH leaving 8/19 and.....

Alice28

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I'm Doombah Fricki
I just found out I'm pregnant with #3!!!!!!!!! I'm a bit overwhelmed, as we have been told over and over again that his unit would be going to Afghanistan in 9/05. Now he is leaving for Ft. Bliss, TX and then onto Iraq in January or so. For a year! I know I can be strong, and I think of this baby as a gift- a distraction if you will. We have two boys who are 6 1/2 and 3 and I know they will miss Daddy. It will be hard being solo parent for awhile. My parents, who already bought a house here in Oregon (they live in CA) will be moving their retirement date up in order to be here for me and the kids, which I appreciate more than anything. I have good neighbors, good friends, so as long as he's safe and baby is healthy, I will be okay. ::yes::

What a wonderful attitude and what a wonderful gift, a new baby! Congratulations and best wishes to your family. ::yes::

MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AT THIS TIME. MY DH WAS DEPLOYED FROM 3/03 TO 6/03 TO IRAQ. HE WAS ONLY HOME ABOUT 4 WEEKS BEFORE LEAVING AGAIN FOR AFGHANISTAN. IT WAS HARD BUT WHEN I LOOK BACK NOW, IT HAS MADE ME SO MUCH STRONGER! MY CHILDREN MISSED HIM SO BUT NOW THAT HE IS BACK HE HAS BEEN ASKED TO SPEAK AT THEIR SCHOOLS, HOLD THE FLAG AT MY SON'S ALL STAR GAME, WAS HONORED AT MY DD DANCE RECITAL (THEY DEDICATED IT TO HIM LAST YEAR). WE ARE JUST SO PROUD OF HIM AND OURSELVES! REMEMBER TO MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF!:wave2:

Alice28, as a navy wife, I just wanted to let you know, you are not alone! My thoughts and prayers are with you as you celebrate you joyful news and prepare for DH's journey! I don't think there is anyone stronger than a military spouse. No one outside can even imagine what we go through! It is great that you will have your family close, and you will have your DIS family close, too!

:grouphug:

CC

Just want to add my congratulations on your pregnancy. May God grant you the faith, strength and hope to help thru the coming year. So wonderful your parents will be there to help out...what a blessing. God Speed your DH and all soldiers as they serve and protect our country. XO's to the kiddies.

Take care ^i^
:hug: Sandie

Congrats on the new pregnancy!! As a military wife who has dealt with a "deployment pregnancy", I know how you must feel. But things have a way of working out and I hope this is a time of great joy for you and yours. I just had my second last November and DH got home from Iraq a few days before Holly was born and he just left AGAIN in June. But such is the life of a military spouse *sigh*. .:rolleyes: My prayers are with you and just know that you are not alone and hopefully time flies until your DH is home again.
Good Luck! -Angela

Just a small update....DH left on the 18th, as planned and things have been going okay. I am bored and lonely, but okay. My parents are coming up today for a week and I can't wait to have some companionship! And my older son starts school on Tuesday, so that will give us some structure. My 3 year old will go to preschool/daycare 2-3 mornings a week and that will give me some time to relax or run errands without having to bring him along. DH has been authorized to come home for two weeks at Christmas, so I booked his airline ticket the other day. After he goes back to Ft. Bliss on 1/2/05, they will depart for Ft. Polk, LA and then onto Iraq sometime in early Feb. It is a long, long haul I tell you. I am only thinking as far ahead as Halloween right now, because otherwise it is just too long of a time to think about!

I am glad that your DH will be home for christmas!! Hope your DS is enjoying school and keep us posted!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter