DHS Touring Plan - Best time to visit Star Wars area?

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
I'm trying to create a rough plan since I can book FP+ on Wednesday and I'm having a rough time with DHS.

It seems the Star Wars ares is busiest in the morning? Is this correct? Is it better to visit in the early evening?

I'm trying to decide if I should go to Star Wars at opening or RNR/TOT or Toy Story....

Any advise is appreciated :).

I did my FP yesterday. I got SD for the morning and will be going to GE later in the day. I am really not sure if that is best and am second guessing my choices. I really do not like the tiering system at HS!

I would rope drop slinky, get fast pass for 30mins after opening on Hollywood rollercoaster, star tours fast pass straight after. With 3rd fast pass being the earliest show straight after star tours. Once tapped into show, you will probably be able to get 4th fast pass for toy story mania then a 5th for tower of terror easily before lunch . When I was there Friday I got 8 extra fast passes by refreshing; tower terror 3 times,toy story mania twice then saucers, Hollywood rollercoaster, star tours. Then I went galaxy's edge in evening and smaugglers run took 35minutes but wasn't above 60 even in morning.

I would rope drop slinky, get fast pass for 30mins after opening on Hollywood rollercoaster, star tours fast pass straight after. With 3rd fast pass being the earliest show straight after star tours. Once tapped into show, you will probably be able to get 4th fast pass for toy story mania then a 5th for tower of terror easily before lunch . When I was there Friday I got 8 extra fast passes by refreshing; tower terror 3 times,toy story mania twice then saucers, Hollywood rollercoaster, star tours. Then I went galaxy's edge in evening and smaugglers run took 35minutes but wasn't above 60 even in morning.

Thank you for the suggestion! Sounds like you got a lot done!

I was there opening day. I would fastpass Slinky dog or rope drop it. Go to GE later in day. Watch for the single riders line to open. I waited 20 mins 2 times on opening day. And my whole party rode together plus I was the Pilot!! Also GE is absolutely beautiful at night.

Not sure about the toy story parts, but at about 1:00 today, smugglers run was posted 60 mins wait. We were off in right at an hour. I'm currently 20 minutes into the single rider line with a posted 50 min wait. The crowds seemed to be a lot lighter later.

Not sure about the toy story parts, but at about 1:00 today, smugglers run was posted 60 mins wait. We were off in right at an hour. I'm currently 20 minutes into the single rider line with a posted 50 min wait. The crowds seemed to be a lot lighter later.

Thanks for that data. It's seems later in the evening is best.

I'm trying to create a rough plan since I can book FP+ on Wednesday and I'm having a rough time with DHS.

It seems the Star Wars ares is busiest in the morning? Is this correct? Is it better to visit in the early evening?

I'm trying to decide if I should go to Star Wars at opening or RNR/TOT or Toy Story....

The last 3 hours of park time are the least crowded. People seem to have gone, are waiting for fantasmic or waiting for star wars a galactic Spectacular show

I have done some searching but haven't found a lot of information. We are going to WDW for 4 nights over Thanksgiving Wednesday-Sunday. What would you recommend for touring Galaxy's Edge and riding Smuggler's Run with the lowest wait time possible since there aren't fastpasses. Should we plan to visit in the evening and riding Smuggler's Run close to park closing time or should we rope drop? Is there a particular day that week you recommend we visit? We would want to also get a fastpass for Slinky Dog.

We will be there the exact same dates. I’m wondering the same question. Right now I’m planning on two mornings at DHS-one for SWGE and one for TSL and ToT and RnRC. But I’m also thinking it might be better to just RD it one day and then do SWGE another evening. FP date is coming up so I need to make a decision soon. Hope people start replying but I wonder if anyone can really tell you right now when RD on a normal day hasn’t happened yet due to the EEMH.

ETA: I’m not even going to pretend to think that we will get a FP for SDD with such a short trip. You might get one later in the trip but it will more than likely be an evening one.

IF the crowds do what they did last week, do rope drop, slinky dog, toy story midway, RNRC then ToT THEN head over to SW:GE and do smuggler run, then enjoy the area.. Make sure your phone is charged, you have a power pack, and you have the disney play app.. Then start having fun hacking, and decoding, and controlling, and... with the app..

Right now it's busy right off the bat in the AM. But that will change some since there wont (probably) be ExEMH... I'm a morning person so I LOVED them. I hit it a few times on Saturday, Sunday and a couple times during the week and NEVER did it feel crowded (went back during the day sometimes, and evenings, so hit a lot of times)

IF the crowds do what they did last week, do rope drop, slinky dog, toy story midway, RNRC then ToT THEN head over to SW:GE and do smuggler run, then enjoy the area.. Make sure your phone is charged, you have a power pack, and you have the disney play app.. Then start having fun hacking, and decoding, and controlling, and... with the app..
Weren't the crowds low last week? I doubt this plan would work on Thanksgiving Day. (Actually I would love to do DHS all in one morning. That would allow me to RD a different park the other day or even sleep in.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!