DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Now it appears that they’ve added 7am to every event date, though I am not sure if they are actively bookable and sold out already or just placeholders. We are going on 10/3 and now I see a 7am option for that and every other date hereafter.

How are you seeing this? I'm getting nothing coming up on 12/10 and I'm panicking!

I see 2 times on 12/10. Can you not see both times? It used to just show 7:30, every time I checked, even after it sold out, but now I see a 7:00 time as a choice. I can’t actually book the 7:00 time yet, but I can see it has been added as a choice at he menu for time selection

Forgive the rah rah post, but I'm getting excited for DHS EMM.

DD and I did the AP morning event this past Friday and had an amazing time. I can only hope DHS EMM is somewhat similar in execution.

I know people have their problems with TSL as a land, but we love it. 3 solid rides, fun theming, fun details, fun background music.

As a side note, I clocked the TSM total time from entering to exiting the line generally around the 13.5 minute mark. For those that haven't been since the new land configuration, the entry and exit lines are quite long. I hope for EMM they either let repeat rides stay on or open a queue cut-through rather than having us walk all the way back out. Otherwise it can eat time pretty quickly.

Anyway - EMM may end up being a lot more people than the AP thing, who knows... but I hope it's similar!

Forgive the rah rah post, but I'm getting excited for DHS EMM.

DD and I did the AP morning event this past Friday and had an amazing time. I can only hope DHS EMM is somewhat similar in execution.

I know people have their problems with TSL as a land, but we love it. 3 solid rides, fun theming, fun details, fun background music.

As a side note, I clocked the TSL total time from entering to exiting the line generally around the 13.5 minute mark. For those that haven't been since the new land configuration, the entry and exit lines are quite long. I hope for EMM they either let repeat rides stay on or open a queue cut-through rather than having us walk all the way back out. Otherwise it can eat time pretty quickly.

Anyway - EMM may end up being a lot more people than the AP thing, who knows... but I hope it's similar!

Based on the fact there's no DISers reports from today - I'm going to say there must be super light crowds!

Hi!
I went today to early morning magic. I wanted to give a quick review because I know I always want to read them before I go. We arrived at Hollywood studios at about 710.. they let us scan our bands around 715 and then walked us to toy story land. We went straight to slinky dog and went right on. We rode it 10x total and 95 % of the time we walked right on. We could have rode it more if we wanted but I needed a break. We then went and rode the alien ride and met buzz. We finished the morning by riding toy story mania. They had water and coffee in the land which was nice.
At 9 when the parked opened we went over to meet the Star Wars characters. We headed to breakfast at 9:30. We were allowed to get as many meals as we wanted. My family tired the chicken and doughnuts, the avacado toast and the Mexican egg bowl. Everything was good but not typically what we would choose for breakfast. The buffet had cereal, fruit, yogurt and pastries. Some of the pastries were very good which was nice.
We have done early morning magic twice at magic kingdom. Once last November and the second time this past June. My son enjoyed this one more because he now prefers slinky dog over mine train. I do think the food options are much better at the one at magic kingdom for my family. I would def do it again tho just to ride slinky dog numerous time.

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks

Hi!
I went today to early morning magic. I wanted to give a quick review because I know I always want to read them before I go. We arrived at Hollywood studios at about 710.. they let us scan our bands around 715 and then walked us to toy story land. We went straight to slinky dog and went right on. We rode it 10x total and 95 % of the time we walked right on. We could have rode it more if we wanted but I needed a break. We then went and rode the alien ride and met buzz. We finished the morning by riding toy story mania. They had water and coffee in the land which was nice.
At 9 when the parked opened we went over to meet the Star Wars characters. We headed to breakfast at 9:30. We were allowed to get as many meals as we wanted. My family tired the chicken and doughnuts, the avacado toast and the Mexican egg bowl. Everything was good but not typically what we would choose for breakfast. The buffet had cereal, fruit, yogurt and pastries. Some of the pastries were very good which was nice.
We have done early morning magic twice at magic kingdom. Once last November and the second time this past June. My son enjoyed this one more because he now prefers slinky dog over mine train. I do think the food options are much better at the one at magic kingdom for my family. I would def do it again tho just to ride slinky dog numerous time.

Thanks for sharing your magical experience!

Hi!

Did it “feel” crowded?

Oh my god!!!! I just booked DHS EMM for January 7th!!!! Soooo excited.
Had issues at first with the booking, but got it done.
Interesting- only 1/7 and 1/9 are showing availability right now. All other January dates say “We were unable to check for available tables at this time.”

I was able to book 7am on 12/10. I noticed it was available to book around 8 but kept getting errors. I called and the cast memeber said they weren't able to do bookings right now because they were having a system update and it would be about 3 hours. But I just keep randomly trying and was able to get it. I'm so excited :)

Do we still think it's worth it to switch from 730 to 7??? It looks like they opened up the 7 am slot for all dates now... plus added a few in January.. thoughts???

Still debating if this is worth it for us. The only day we can do it is Halloween which is supposed to be a non-park day for us. We are APs so admission isn't an issue.

It would just be me and DBF. I've seen TSL already but he hasn't. The only reason I would do it is so he could see the land without crowds as we are offsite this time and don't have access to EMH.

I was able to book 7am on 12/10. I noticed it was available to book around 8 but kept getting errors. I called and the cast memeber said they weren't able to do bookings right now because they were having a system update and it would be about 3 hours. But I just keep randomly trying and was able to get it. I'm so excited :)

That's my date!! I was kinda hoping they didnt open a 7am slot.. but now its available and I dont know if I should switch from 730 to 7!!! So confusing!!

Hi!

Hi! Thank you for the report...did you have a 7:00 reservation or 7:30? I have a 7:30 for my date and was told that the 7:00 and 7:30 would all be let in at the same time...just trying to confirm. Thanks!

FWIW I didn’t switch on my date. I just can’t bring myself to believe that even Disney would make the second added time slot an advantage. Maybe a difference or disadvantage, but not better. Having said that, I personally think that it won’t matter, and both times will be the same experience. I guess we’ll find out more next week, isn’t that the first day with 2 this me slots?

Hi! Thank you for the report...did you have a 7:00 reservation or 7:30? I have a 7:30 for my date and was told that the 7:00 and 7:30 would all be let in at the same time...just trying to confirm. Thanks!

The dual reservation times don’t start until 10/1. The first two Sept dates didn’t offer the dual times. Just FYI.

Do we still think it's worth it to switch from 730 to 7??? It looks like they opened up the 7 am slot for all dates now... plus added a few in January.. thoughts???

I *think* so but it's hard to say. I switched to 7:00 a.m. for November 26 because I figured if we get our acts together and get to HS early, we'll want to enter as soon as possible. I think in practice it's going to be meaningless. I can't imagine how they would enforce having certain people eat first! I'll be watching closely when we get reports back from people with 7 a.m. slots, though, and hopefully not regretting the switch. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter