DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Since I’ve heard others say both time slots say to arrive at 7:00 to check in, I’m assuming (hoping) that everyone will be let in then. I just want to wait and see if you can ride then or just get breakfast or a drink/snack first, and still not ride until 7:30. I’m thinking the latter choice, but we’ll see!

Yea.. cus there is NO WAY I can eat a full breakfast at 7am... let alone eat a full breakfast at 7am and then ride slinky dog and AS2 5 times... BARF!!!

Do we still think it's worth it to switch from 730 to 7??? It looks like they opened up the 7 am slot for all dates now... plus added a few in January.. thoughts???
Folks, it's going to make no difference whatsoever. Use some thought here. It's really not hard to figure out. Think about any past events where they had multiple times slots for a single event. They handle them all the same exact way every single time.
I assure you. They let EVERYONE in at the same time.
No matter what time you have booked, 7:00, 7:30, you are going to be allowed to enter at the same time.
They are not going to hold one group out of the park.
They are not going to force one group to eat at X time and one group to ride at X time.
They are going to let the whole kit and caboodle in at once and let all go wherever the heck they want.
Eat, ride, whatever (within the open areas of course)

Folks, it's going to make no difference whatsoever. Use some thought here. It's really not hard to figure out. Think about any past events where they had multiple times slots for a single event. They handle them all the same exact way every single time.
No matter what time you have booked, 7:00, 7:30, you are going to be allowed to enter at the same time.
They are not going to force one group to eat at X time and one group to ride at X time.
They are going to let the whole kit and caboodle in at once and let all go wherever the heck they want.

I'm sure you don't mean it - but your posts read very abrupt and abrasive.

It *is* that hard to figure out for folks like me who have never done a paid extra.

I get you have, but this is a new experience so technically you don't *know*. It's not crazy that people want to be sure of something they are spending hundreds of dollars on.

I'm waiting until 10/1 to decide if I want to switch. If the 7am is gone by then, oh well. I'm sure it'll be great either way.

That's kind of what I'm thinking too!

I'm leaning towards same thought process.. I dont see how they can differentiate between 7 and 730.. I'm gonna wait and see if 7 am gets any special privileges.. and if it's still available I'll switch.. if not.. it is what it is!

I'm sure you don't mean it - but your posts read very abrupt and abrasive.

It *is* that hard to figure out for folks like me who have never done a paid extra.
Despite how many times it's been said that it won't matter?

I'm glad you're all knowing and have the scoop on all things Disney.

My bad - I'll use my silly little head next time.
Never said silly little head. Those are your words
I never said all knowing. Those are your words
Never said had the scoop. Those are your words.
But I will stand by the fact that everyone will get in at 7:00 and that no one will be forced to eat at a certain time.
You can go about doing whatever you opt to do.
I can do no more to convince you.
But please, don't put words in my posts that I don't use.

Never said silly little head. Those are your words
I never said all knowing. Those are your words
Never said had the scoop. Those are your words.
But I will stand by the fact that everyone will get in at 7:00 and that no one will be forced to eat at a certain time.
You can go about doing whatever you opt to do.
I can do no more to convince you.
But please, don't put words in my posts that I don't use.

Those are my words and that is what I said.

I didn't say it's what YOU said. Use some thought here.

I'm also in the camp that thinks people will be let in at the same time but they are hoping to spread people out by giving different timeslots. If they do let people in early like 7:15am I feel bad for those who booked 7:30am and don't think they need to be there until then!

Despite how many times it's been said that it won't matter?

I agree with your opinion that it won't matter. However, none of us here know for sure. Just because we all agree 7am and 7:30 will have the same privileges, does not make it a fact.

And given that none of us can guarantee how 10/1 will go, statements like "use some thought here" are not very helpful (because you are implying the people are stupid for worrying about the confusion about them having two time slots).

From following all of this, and being one of those that were deciding about switching, I think that the overriding thought is that it won't matter. However, since Disney hasn't really told anyone why there are two time slots, and come out and said what the differences are or are not, I think it's human nature to wonder and, for lack of a better word, worry. Will anything substantially change in my life if it turns out that there is a difference and the 7:00 slot would have worked better for me? No, of course not. In the grand scheme of my life, does EMM at DHS even matter? No, of course not. However, we are on a message board, and Disney did start a new event and add a mysterious second time slot with little to no explanation, so is that going to cause a lot of discussion and angst? Yes, of course so :D! I'd bet that most people on these boards that ask little questions and then get both kind and unkind responses, helpful and unhelpful responses, know that whether or not there is a hook in the bathroom, or what kind of hairdryer is in the room (for example, completely made up right now), aren't life or death questions but just ones they happened to decide mattered to them at that moment. It's nice when you have somewhere to ask and get a reliable answer, since we have all learned that simply calling and asking Disney isn't actually simple or reliable.

Since this is odd and unknown, and annoying that they have no real answer, everyone is just speculating and questioning. Until they do the first one with 2 time slots we won't know, but that doesn't mean no one is going to post until then. So I just read and keep up, and chime in occasionally if I have a question or feel I have something to add. In fact, in an odd kind of way I feel better knowing there are others in the same boat as I am, and when someone else posts that they haven't changed times to 7:00 I feel like we're in some kind of little club, waiting to see if we should have joined or noto_O:-)!

Yea.. cus there is NO WAY I can eat a full breakfast at 7am... let alone eat a full breakfast at 7am and then ride slinky dog and AS2 5 times... BARF!!!

I may be wrong but I believe you can eat any time up until 10:00 AM.

If it works the same... when we did EMM at MK we walked on rides until the park opened for all guests and then went to have breakfast. It worked great.

If it works the same... when we did EMM at MK we walked on rides until the park opened for all guests and then went to have breakfast. It worked great.

This is what I'm hoping for... ride until it gets crowded about 9:30, then hop over for breakfast and move on with our plans for the day... I'm in a serious debate with myself over if I need to do this or not.

Yes... but some have speculated that 7am time slot eats 1st... it's all speculation.. can 10/1 get here anytime soon?????

I am one of the ones who changed to 7am but not going until 10/10 so I am sure I will hear more details before then. However, FWIW, I noticed that both of my reservations said that check in would be at 7am. But, when I booked the original 7:30 time it was the only one available so who knows. I will eagerly await updates!

Any ideas if/when they are going to open up February dates?? I really want to make sure we book this and we will only have 1 day to go during our trip if they keep with the Monday/Wednesday trend.

@StacyStrong and @jannab it is fun to plan with you as well as @Tigger in a kilt .... sometimes repeating things is from trip anxiety or having fun as part of the planning process going over things tons of times. I enjoy your comments and questions and concerns no matter how many times you ask because I'm sure others have the same thoughts too as you and we are a community. that's what the boards are for, communicating, community and coming together. You are all lots of fun to trip plan with on these boards, please continue to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter