DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Why not eat the breakfast after 9:00AM? The strategy is to head over to RnR and/or ToT then head over to breakfast at 9:30.

Too much walking back and forth wasting the first hour. There's nothing by Backlot we'd like to do that early in the morning. Star Tours can wait. We'll do TOT and RNRC standby until it gets too long, then use FP. I guess that means one TOT and 2 RNRC, then the FP which I'll try to get at 930 & 1030 so we can do them back to back. I don't ride RNRC so maybe I'll walk over and grab some food ... will they let me grab food to go? I guess I would look like a hoarder though if I grabbed enough for 5.

wow! how many were in your party?
We had three adults, plus DD7 and DD2. One adult hung out with DD2 at any given time and just explored TSL while the other adults did rides with DD7 (DD2 wasn't interested in actually going on the rides). The ride numbers I listed were what DD7 accomplished--each adult had different numbers due to us tag teaming in and out to hang with DD2.

We had such a great time, and I'm disappointed the event hasn't went as well for some other attendees. We'll be back at WDW in September, and our top priority was going to be booking this EMM again. Unfortunately that's now a no-go due to the daily EMH that month, but those additional EMH should also be pretty awesome in their own way. :)

Is rider swap allowed during this event?
I don’t know for sure but I wouldn’t think so. With the shorter waits you should really need it and they don’t offer FP during this event which is the line they usually use for Rider Swap.

Does anyone know how many times the EMM event for 6/05/19 has sold out? We have this date booked and I"m starting to get concerned with past reviews we are reading.

We have this day booked as well. It's sold out at least twice. I bought at 7:30, then 7am opened up. And then another 50 tickets appeared a few weeks ago. Bummed, I stopped paying attention to it at that point.

I'm already disappointed and might cancel. I bought tickets for August 26th for 7:30 and since then I've seen both the 7:30 and 7am time slots sell out and then 2 weeks ago slots for 7am opened up again and was open for about a week so I assume there were quite a few spots open and now today both 7 and 7:30 are open. I'm very disappointed because my original HS day was suppose to be day 6 of my trip which was Augist 29th so chances of getting a SSD fp was decent, then the announced SWGE opening for that day. I purchased EMM to get around that and spent quite a bit for 3 with the Canadian exchange. It just doesn't seem likes it's going to be worth it from what I've been reading.

Now I am nervous that I dropped my $ on this event for 8/28. I thought I was smart and getting in early would make this my only HS day.

We have tickets also for the 8/28. Hoping it’s not packed and we can get a lot done that morning. My son loves toy story land and all he wants to do is go on SDD.

We went in November and January, party of 4, and that is very similar to how many rides we rode as well. Something was definitely off with the last EMM.
I agree. In Dec I rode AS2, then met Woody/Jesse and then rose SDD 6 times in a row and could have done another but needed to leave to catch my DME to the airport. I waited in much longer lines this time and rode TMM once and SDD only 5 times and then RD crowd was there so went to AS2 and then left the land

I am following along closely. We have it booked for the the first time on 6/17, but now a little worried that this might be a waste of money. We have done the MK many of times and have really enjoyed it, but this last report has me a little worried.

Do the people from EMM leave at the end of the event, or will they still be in the park / on the rides when regular guests enter at rope drop? I'll be at DHS on a day that has EMM before regular opening, and I'm just trying to estimate my schedule, depending on whether or not there will be extra people already in line for SDD when the rope drop group enters.

Do the people from EMM leave at the end of the event, or will they still be in the park / on the rides when regular guests enter at rope drop? I'll be at DHS on a day that has EMM before regular opening, and I'm just trying to estimate my schedule, depending on whether or not there will be extra people already in line for SDD when the rope drop group enters.
They usually go eat breakfast when the park opens, and it's supposed to be a small number of people that it really doesn't impact the crowds for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter