Diaper Backpack

LadyNia

Mouseketeer
Will be going to WDW with baby for the first time either in August or February. The diaper bag I have is large and hangs on my shoulder. I also don't think it will be easy to travel with or easily fit in our travel stroller's basket. I'm thinking a diaper backpack will be easier for both travel through airports and at the parks. Does anyone have a backpack they really like and could recommend?

Admittedly I have no kids of my own but I have been to Disney with babies/toddlers and a REGULAR backpack can work just fine and would likely be less combersome than a diaper bag backpack.
I would buy one of those little "travel diaper changing kits" where it has the changing pad and pockets for wipes, a few diapers, and cream and have that in the backpack at the ready to pull out so you don't have to put them all in separate areas of the bag.

Admittedly I have no kids of my own but I have been to Disney with babies/toddlers and a REGULAR backpack can work just fine and would likely be less combersome than a diaper bag backpack.
I would buy one of those little "travel diaper changing kits" where it has the changing pad and pockets for wipes, a few diapers, and cream and have that in the backpack at the ready to pull out so you don't have to put them all in separate areas of the bag.
Thanks, I'll definitely look into the kit.

I went to WDW multiple times with 2 different babies and I have to say a backpack was much easier to bring than a diaper bag. On one trip, I ended up buying one of the Vera Bradley backpacks! It had 2 pockets for bottles on the outside, small pockets inside and was VERY deep! So I packed a travel pack of wipes, diapers, a "wet bag" with a couple changes of clothes, a zipper pouch with things like a first aid kit, boogie wipes, rash cream, etc), and toys etc. Because it was Vera Bradley, the fabric dried quickly if it rained, and it was flexible so I was able to squish it down to fit in the stroller. But honestly, it was so comfortable that me or my hubby wore it in the parks. :)

Will be going to WDW with baby for the first time either in August or February. The diaper bag I have is large and hangs on my shoulder. I also don't think it will be easy to travel with or easily fit in our travel stroller's basket. I'm thinking a diaper backpack will be easier for both travel through airports and at the parks. Does anyone have a backpack they really like and could recommend?
My diaper days are behind me but I remember having that diaper bag in WDW. I'd recommend looking into a LUG backpack. Check out QVC, read reviews, watch their videos. I wish I had one of those back in the day.

I’ve only been a couple times to Disney but both have been with kids (2 year old in diapers and then 5 year old and a 2 year old in diapers). I did a ton of research beforehand to be ready and I’ve also just in general had several diaper bags and even just purses and totes over the years. I absolutely agree that any backpack can be perfect, don’t limit yourself to a “diaper backpack.” In fact, some can tend to be very heavy empty, which is a negative, and expensive.

My tips: we found that having two bags was actually best (rather than one large backpack) if you have a stroller. A smaller backpack with the essentials: wallet, phone, any other irreplaceable items, some snacks, diapering needs in a pouch that you can grab out for easy diaper changes. And then an extra bag, like a cheap tote bag, with extra diapers, extra snacks, extra change of clothes, etc that just stays in the bottom of the stroller. I never worried about leaving extra stuff like that in the stroller but of course, don’t leave anything that you’d be distraught over if it did get lost or stolen (highly unlikely, but still). A smaller backpack is easier for rides and for wearing for longer periods of time than trying to carry everything. I’d also consider stroller hooks if you don’t have them already.

I love the Jujube Minibe, the smaller Vera Bradley backpacks, and the smaller Kipling backpacks for everyday smaller backpacks and for Disney. You can also check Amazon for other budget friendly options.

I’ve only been a couple times to Disney but both have been with kids (2 year old in diapers and then 5 year old and a 2 year old in diapers). I did a ton of research beforehand to be ready and I’ve also just in general had several diaper bags and even just purses and totes over the years. I absolutely agree that any backpack can be perfect, don’t limit yourself to a “diaper backpack.” In fact, some can tend to be very heavy empty, which is a negative, and expensive.

My tips: we found that having two bags was actually best (rather than one large backpack) if you have a stroller. A smaller backpack with the essentials: wallet, phone, any other irreplaceable items, some snacks, diapering needs in a pouch that you can grab out for easy diaper changes. And then an extra bag, like a cheap tote bag, with extra diapers, extra snacks, extra change of clothes, etc that just stays in the bottom of the stroller. I never worried about leaving extra stuff like that in the stroller but of course, don’t leave anything that you’d be distraught over if it did get lost or stolen (highly unlikely, but still). A smaller backpack is easier for rides and for wearing for longer periods of time than trying to carry everything. I’d also consider stroller hooks if you don’t have them already.

I love the Jujube Minibe, the smaller Vera Bradley backpacks, and the smaller Kipling backpacks for everyday smaller backpacks and for Disney. You can also check Amazon for other budget friendly options.
Thanks for the tips!

We are beyond diaper days but I still use my last diaper bag as a tote/ backpack. It’s a ju ju be BFF we had clips to hang it on the stroller too.

only thing I would be worried about would be snacks in stroller basket with the furry snack thieves. I have seem them jumping from stroller to stroller in stroller parking. I have seen the result of them chewing thru bag to get to snack

only thing I would be worried about would be snacks in stroller basket with the furry snack thieves. I have seem them jumping from stroller to stroller in stroller parking. I have seen the result of them chewing thru bag to get to snack
Good to know.

Our regular daily diaper bag is backpack style, so great to have free hands. We have used Obersee brand, you can find them at Bed Bath & Beyond use the 20% discount. It comes with a (removable) insulated packet) but it has great organization with most regular backpacks don't offer. if your child is older a regular backpack can work fine. We got the smaller/cheaper Obersee it is still going strong after 3.5 years, it also rings for carabiners or keys etc.

We used a baby Bjorn diaper backpack for many years, it had so many handy compartments, including a changing pad. It was black and didn’t look at all like a diaper bag, perfect for my husband to carry! We ended up using for years after, as a regular backpack.

Haven't been to Disney World with our baby yet but we opted for a backpack instead of a shoulder bag, it's been great so far. It's big enough to fit everything we need, but it's not so big like some of the shoulder bags. It's comfortable too. We got the Skip Hop Duo but I got it on Poshmark for 1/2 the price and it was barely used if they even used it at all.

It is maybe slightly more cumbersome than a normal backpack but I've also not used a regular backpack since maybe grade school lol so I can't say for sure.

Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions! I think we found a backpack that will work for us. I loved the idea of separating necessities from non- necessities and will be doing that as well as getting one of those nifty travel diaper change kits.

I don't recall the style offhand, but I got an REI branded backpack on clearance and LOVE it. It's incredibly comfortable and distributes weight evenly. I figured if it's designed for people to hike dozens of miles carrying heavy gear,it could handle baby supplies.

It has plenty of pockets and places to clip and easy access. I love my Kate Spade traditional diaper bag aesthetically, but I'm really kicking myself for not getting a backpack like this sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!