Diaper Changes

mamadonna

Earning My Ears
Excluding the baby care centers.

Can you think of any restrooms in particular to avoid when it comes to changing diapers?

i was in the world last week with my 9 month old and honestly, every bathroom we changed him in was fine! they all had plenty of room for changing (some were super long for two babies!), with rubbish bin either built in to the platform, or right next to it.

i did have to wait a few times to use a changing station (and the men's was in use too, of course i had dh check!), but that was only in the mk.

I have to agree with crazywig -- most of the reg. bathroom's baby changers are okay. The baby centers are nicer and seem much less germy though so if you're near there, it's worth stopping in. But in general there aren't any in particular I've noticed to avoid.

The only place I can say could be a bit of a hassle would be in the Mitsokoshi resturaunt in Japan in Epcot -- there is no diaper changer in the ladies room so if you won't be traveling with a man in your party who will be willing to change the baby its something to keep in mind. Personnaly, I didn't mind since Dh just had to change him for me:p :p (there is a diaper changer in the mens room -heehee:p ) and we take turns but for those who travel with the men who can't hack it - LOL this is the only one I could think of that you may want to avoid.

I can only remember one bathroom in all of WDW that didn't have a place to change a baby's diaper other than the one that Scoootch offered, but for the life of me I can't remember where it was. I didn't need to change a baby at that time, but something I did notice. I am thinking that it is in the bathroom outside of Epcot, but then something says, "No, Michelle, it was at MK" BUT I do remember that it was only a 1 or 2 "seater" and very small. But the main bathrooms all had places to change babies.

:earsgirl:

I can't think of anyplace not to change - but don't follow the lady I had to follow in the mk - who used the diaper changing stall to breastfeed for twenty minutes! Granted, it was a fine setup for breastfeeding, just if I had realized she was going to take twenty minutes to do it and insist on privacy, I'd have switched bathrooms. We waited in shorter lines for the attractions!

Why on earth would someone prefer to nurse their baby in a restroom stall of the bathroom vs. using the "nursing mother's" room at the babycare center with the comfy rocking chairs?? It's quite dim in there to make it slightly more private and comforting for the baby too to fall off to sleep. Only thing I can figure is she must not have known about the baby care center --:rolleyes:

The stall didn't have a toilet, just a large bench (good for breastfeeding) and a table big enough to fit two babies or so. I figured she was too far away from the care center to go (she had two or three other small children with her and I think this was one of the bathrooms in Fantasyland.

I never really got the hang of breastfeeding in public when I did it either - I wouldn't have been one of those women who can discretely feed on a bench behind the Teacups, but I have skipped the trip entirely knowing that breastfeeding with privacy is a hassle at Disney.

I've never been one to BF in public either - not where I'd just go to it right out in front of everyone, and not comfortable unless I feel like I have a certain level of privacy, but to me, the bathroom stall in a public bathroom just sounds so germy -- yick. I know it's probably not as bad as I'm imagining, I was just one of those mom's who had to wipe down every inch of my baby that might have touched all those yicky germs when I did use the changers in the regular bathrooms. Don't get me wrong, I'm not so paranoid that I wouldn't use them or anything, I would never go that overbaord. But at the same time I didn't feel like it was anywhere as germ free as my bathroom at home either. If ya know what I mean:rolleyes:

To each their own I supposse, I would just have rather walked a little extra to the baby center where it's a cleaner atmosphere for nursing.

I'm one of those terrible mothers who changes diapers in the stroller! I would find a corner where I could park the stroller, fold the seat flat, and change the babies there. Then, I could just pop in a restroom and dispose of the diaper. I always made sure we were out of plain site so as not to offend anyone!

Pam

Ewww, icky. I refused to ever bf in a bathroom. I figured if the guy sitting next to me didn't have to eat his meal in the bathroom then neither did my baby. Having said that, there are lots of places to have a fairly private moment to bf a baby in WDW without having to resort to going to a bathroom. And Fantasyland is not a huge trek from the baby center.

I've also found the CM's at WDW to be very accomodating. I was sitting outside CP one day (also not very far from the baby center) nursing my son while my dh took our girls to do something else. It was mid day and hot. CP was fairly quiet and the CM's offered me a place to sit inside and even brought me a glass of tea to drink while I nursed (complimentary) They found me a nice little out of the way area and I got to sit in a nice cool comfortable setting with my baby.

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter