Did EVERYTHING plus played catch on thrill rides. TR May 23-June 2

angryduck71

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!!! This year, to celebrate my son going into double-digits and because he graduated elementary school a year early, I took my "little Sheldon," aka Davy to Universal, Disney, and Discovery Cove. Davy started out wanting to do this trip in order to ride Kong. He was VERY excited about that. And, then, it just grew and grew and grew... I have a PTR posted too if interested... we pretty much stuck with the plan other than moving a couple things due to rain.... so, here goes!

On May 23, I woke up at 4:45 a.m. ready to go. Davy got up no problem at 5 a.m. My boyfriend THANKFULLY drove us to the airport to save parking time and $$$ (even though he went to a concert the night before and BARELY slept AND had to work that day!). <3

My buddy Pam had told me about a "secret Starbucks" that is kind of hidden in the terminal. Such a blessing at 6:30 a.m.! (I don't drink coffee, but the hot chocolate and muffins perked us up!)

plane to disney.jpg

You can tell we were reading to go... or ready for a nap!

We had a stop on this flight in Milwaukee (the non-stop was horribly early or horribly late), but we didn't have to change planes. Davy thought that was pretty cool. My cousin was driving from way up north where he had some work going on. We were in Milwaukee at the same time heading to Orlando. His daughter was competing in the softball college World Series. She ended up being named an All-American. She is really the best shortstop in America. Really wish they'd play in the Olympics again!

Tony Hinds picked us up. He's so awesome. Highly recommend! Then, we were off! I had flashbacks to my trip last month for the Star Wars Celebration when we passed the Orange County Convention Center.

Saw the Disney entrance sign (even though it'd be several days before we went to any Disney Parks) -- lots of road construction!:
disney front entrance.jpg

And, then on to Shades of Green where we would be spending 7 nights (Shades is a great deal if you work for the military -- and they also have deals on top of deals):shades entrance.jpg

shades waterfall.jpg

Tony dropped us off and we headed to the front desk. Davy was pretty wiped out by this point. Our room request (we usually stay on the Magnolia side I believe -- the one away from the garage, but with the view of the fireworks) was going to be honored, but the room wasn't ready. We could, however, get one near the garage if we wanted a room now. So, for the first time we stayed at Palm. We go to it and I realize I left a tote bag with a lot of my stuff in Tony's car. I panic, call, and he's back pretty quickly. This is the start of just little things that kept being annoying during the trip. Overall, we had a fantastic trip, but every day we had a mishap. This was the first one.

While Davy was resting up, I went to Alamo. The very NOT friendly woman at the desk barely told me where the car was. My plan this evening was just to chill out and go to Davy's favorite restaurant (and mine) on Disney property: Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. But, after a bit of rest, Davy wanted to hit Universal.

We had purchased 5-day, 3-park tickets from Ft. Leavenworth. Davy decided he just wanted to do Volcano Bay one day, so I decided to get seasonal AP tickets and a one day pass to Volcano Bay. It cost roughly the same for that as the 5-day, 3 park tickets. BUT, it took us an hour's wait at customer service. When it was our turn, the woman at the next available window went on break. Sigh... then, when we did get help, the attendant wasn't sure how to do it. Finally got it done. That took a good 20 minutes. We had a running joke all vacation, "anything but waiting in the customer service line!!!!" Then, FINALLY! Universal globe.jpg

My niece was also in town working. Since we were going to be near where she was working, we asked if she could meet us later that night. Meanwhile, Davy wanted to go into the single rider line of Gringotts (my favorite -- he's becoming less thrilled with it). Then, he wanted to cast spells with his wand he brought from home. We had purchased it two years ago. It didn't work (another annoying thing, but thanks to everyone on these boards, I knew we could "get it fixed" -- which really meant they'd give him another one). The new one was actually a darker color than his old. Davy was cool about it though. And, off he went!
casting spells.jpg

We had some time to kill before meeting Julie for dinner, so we got an appetizer -- Florean Fortescue's! -- and just people-watched for a bit.
davy harry potter ice cream.jpg
diagon alley.jpg

Then, something I was really looking forward to: eating at Cowfish and meeting Julie. I have to admit, Davy and I thought it was OK. I ate more of Julie's and Davy's meal than my own. I forgot what we ordered (I'm bad about that, sorry!). Here's some pics though!
alice & Julie.jpg
Davy & Julie.jpg

Day 1 continued...

Cowfish décor I loved:

cowfish.jpg

After we ate, we dropped Julie off at her hotel and headed back to our room. We thought it'd be raining most of the day the next day. Originally, we had Discovery Cove planned. The weather scared me off so we rescheduled. Tomorrow... WTH is going on in my hallway at Shades and Davy tries to become an internet sensation...

May 24: Late that night, the people next door were SO LOUD. Davy and I plotted to be extra loud when we got up in the morning for revenge. Again, I don't remember the walls being SO THIN at Shades of Green. Then, at 3:40 a.m., I heard some movement in the room. I thought maybe Davy had gotten up to use the bathroom, but I peeked over and he was in bed. AAACK. So, I got up, and there was someone with a flashlight shining under the door, trying to get a piece of paper from the floor in our room. I figured out pretty quickly that obviously they had slipped a bill in our room that wasn't ours and were trying to get it back. Later in the day, I went to the front desk for something, and mentioned the noise from the room next to us and the late-night flashlight. It was actually a bill for the loud people -- so they'd be gone. Yay! But, alas, they weren't the only night-owl-loud-folks on our floor... sigh....

We moved our dinner reservation from last night at Boma to a breakfast at Boma this morning. Davy was excited to try the breakfast there and to get back to his favorite Disney restaurant.

Davy Boma breakfast.jpg

Today, originally, also, we were going to go to Discovery Cove, but the forecast scared me and we moved that until later in the trip. I thought maybe we'd just relax... I hung out on our balcony for a bit at Shades. It was such a pretty view:

shades balcony view.jpg

But, we decided we should take advantage of the nice weather this morning. So, we headed back to Universal. We started again on the Universal side. Davy rode Rip Rocket Ride single rider. I hadn't yet ventured on this coaster. I hadn't put on my motion sickness patch yet and it wasn't "ready" but I promised him tomorrow I would indeed ride it on our tour. Davy usually just lets the ride pick his music as he knows nothing about music really other than I am obsessed with U2. We also rode the Mummy single rider line I believe. It was DARK in the line. Much darker than I remembered. Davy had to hold my hand and lead me some of the way! As usual, we got to ride together even though we were in the single rider line. I remembered that this one caused me to feel a bit ill last time I rode it. This time, absolutely no problems. I loved it. Then, we did the single rider Gringotts, cast some spells, and ate at Three Broomsticks. I got awful pics in there as it was SO SUNNY. Last time, we ate almost every meal there as it was Davy's favorite. He had the fish and chips. I had the turkey leg. Thinking back, though, I think this may have been our only meal there... I'll have to double-check that. I hadn't had the turkey leg before there. I enjoyed it. Also came with corn on the cob, which was good, but a tad cold. Davy had fish and chips and his beloved pumpkin juice (both of us think the butterbeer is too sweet). We then headed on what Davy thinks is the "best version" of the Hogwarts express -- from Diagon Alley to Hogwarts.

Hogwarts express.jpg

We were excited about our first trip on the train. BUT, then, we had the WORST cabin companions. One young couple were taking pictures and video of the window. Fine, a bit in our way, but would've been ok but the guy had the freaking flash continuously going! It was ruining the image on the screen. Davy and I kept telling him to stop. I don't think he spoke English, but Davy finally got his point across. Meanwhile, the other two ladies in the cabin were in deep discussion about their love lives. Luckily, Davy wasn't paying too much attention to the specifics of what they were saying and it was a bit over his head what they were talking about, but it was NONSTOP and COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE in front of a child. He kept asking me, "why are they not paying attention and just talking talking talking?" I said, "because they are RUDE and NO ONE CARES ABOUT THEIR LOVE LIVES!" They were too busy chatting to hear my admonishment. When we got off, I told them all, "you guys were the rudest people I've ever been on a ride with. Thanks for spoiling the ride for us." I'm not sure the young couple knew what I said. The women looked shocked. Luckily, we rode it many more times and, as I told Davy, now we have a story at least.

We rode Forbidden Journey single rider and it started to rain. Davy wanted to go into Honeydukes to get a treat. We got a sucker and came back out. It started to POUR. We were near the little wand cart. I got out our ponchos, but Davy being the rain-loving kid he is, he didn't want his and stood out in the rain eating his sucker. Many folks were chuckling at him and taking pictures or video. We decided to start heading out but then it was just a massive downpour. I got under the roof at the lockers by Dragon Challenge. Davy still stood out in the rain happily chomping on his sucker. Again, several folks chuckled and took pics and video. One lady said, "that boy is turning blue. Who lets their kid do that? Where is his mom!?!" I turned and said, "I'm his mom. He just has blue lollipop stuff all over his face, and if you think this is a real thunderstorm, you need to come back to the Midwest with us!" (I mean seriously -- she thought he was blue because of cold? It was in the mid-90s!) After a bit, we decided to head back to the room. Davy said he hoped pics and videos of him went viral. I have yet to see anyone who posted any. And, I didn't dig my camera out to take pics, so unfortunately, I don't have any. He was having SO MUCH FUN out there, wish I did!

We then had dinner reservations at... you guessed it -- Boma! Davy loved the Jungle Juice they served there and ate a good, healthy meal -- heavy on the sweet potatoes! boma dinner.jpg

After this, we headed back to the room. It was another LOUD night in the hallway at Shades. Sigh... But, tomorrow, Universal VIP tour, Davy wants to take some alien décor back to KC with us, and he's surprised by the ride he thinks is lame and the ride he falls in love with....

EDIT: Ok, I can't believe I forgot this (maybe because I want to!), but I ran into a poll at the parking garage with the driver's side mirror. I did not see the poll at all in the rear-view camera. In my own car, the mirror would have collapsed no big deal. In this one, the mirror shattered and the back of the mirror fell off. The Shades Alamo desk was closed, but after dinner, I took it to the Alamo on Disney property car care center. They upgraded us to a SUV, which was great because the car we had frankly sucked. They asked me if I was going to go through insurance or pay out of pocket. I asked, "well, how much do you think it'll be?" They said they had no idea. :| I called my insurance company the next day and they said usually the rental car companies like to get add admin fees, etc. to get up to your deductible (mine is $500). So, far, though, knock on wood, I have yet to hear a peep from Alamo about the damage....

May 25: Another loud night in the hallway outside... sigh... BUT, we got up fairly early to get to Universal for our VIP Tour! We were going to get breakfast on the VIP tour, but that wasn't until mid-morning and of course my kid was up at 6:30 . You can see in this picture his beloved Calvin and Hobbes book and his sucker from the day before that he was saving on top of the ice bucket. At this point, he was actually arguing with Siri. I don't remember about what. It was something about her not saying you're welcome. You can see the little table we had at Shades. It really is quite a big room. Seems like the other side of the hotel had bigger rooms... I liked this location better as far as having a car and for the view, but otherwise, bleh.

davy arguing with siri.jpg

We got to Universal around 9. The line to get in was pretty big, but I started thinking, I'm not so sure we have to wait in it (even though our tour check-in didn't start (I thought) until 10ish). So, I asked about where to go for VIP, and sure enough, NO WAIT. We checked in, and were off in the parks until it was time to check back in for our second breakfast!

Here's our VIP pass:

Universal VIP pass.jpg

Davy rode Rip Rocket a couple of times using single rider until time to check-in. I promised him I'd ride it on the tour.

We went to the building kind of tucked behind the line to get in. We went to the 2nd floor. It looked kind of like a typical meeting room. Davy was excited they had his favorite oatmeal for breakfast. It was pretty standard fare for breakfast, but free food is free food in an amusement park, am I right?

There were some cool views from the balcony of the VIP room.

Davy from VIP balcony.jpg

view 1 VIP balcony.jpg view 2 VIP balcony.jpg

You can still see the crowds coming in around 10ish. This is the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend.

So, there were several groups in the VIP room. We were going on a non-exclusive VIP tour with a group including people we didn't know. They had a maximum of 12 if I remember right. I think there were 12 in our group. Tour guides were walking around meeting people. No one was coming up to us. We finally found out the name of our guide (and, I cannot believe I don't remember his name! I don't even have a picture of him!). But, still no sign. Davy was getting anxious. He finally went up to the guy we thought was our guide and asked him. He was just about to come to us. He asked if we had any questions. Davy and I had thought we voted on what rides to go on from what I had read previously. He said that, no, he would be choosing based on availability and what was going on. Davy was pretty disappointed by that answer, but the tour guide said he didn't want our hopes up and then we NOT be able to ride. He asked if there was anything specific. Davy said he wanted to get me on Rip Rocket Ride. He said, "OH YES. We'll be doing that!" Davy was then pleased. But, interestingly, when we started comparing the two VIP tours (Disney Ultimate Thrills and this one), he gave this one a knock because we didn't vote. On the other hand, we didn't get to vote on Disney's either.... and, honestly, we rode everything he would've voted for anyway.

Anyway, we all go together with our group and we were ON OUR WAY. We were instructed not to take pictures in the backstage areas, so I don't have many photos. I don't have many photos this whole trip, honestly, other than Discovery Cove, because we've done a lot of this already and I just wanted to enjoy things. Plus, Davy doesn't really enjoy having his picture taken. (And, you can now just forget him meeting with a character!)

Anyway, we first started with Jimmy Fallon's Race through New York. Neither Davy nor I cared one bit about this ride going in. Our guide (dang, I'm mad I can't remember his name, because he was good and full of information!) first gave us some info about what makes a theme park a "theme park" -- always have to have a theme y'all! -- and said he'd be giving us back-stories to all of the rides. We were going to miss almost all of the lines -- we didn't even do the express lines usually -- so he wanted us to get "caught up" on the story we'd missed. Plus, he gave us other interesting facts. We found out that basically NBC told Universal they would be making a Jimmy Fallon ride. I also found out that John Wilkes Booth's brother has a statue in NYC and they used it in the park but put someone else's face on it. I missed whose. I'll have to look that up at some point. I was still stuck on the fact that John Wilkes Booth's brother was famous enough in his own right to have a statue. We saw the control booth for the ride and entered backstage to the line. Davy and I loved the ride to our surprise! (THANK GOD I HAD A MOTION SICKNESS PATCH ON THOUGH! I must say once again, that thing is SO valuable!)

Next, we went to some of the sound stages and film school (I didn't realize there was one there!). Saw some interesting work being done. Davy was just giddy about it all. We saw where Family Feud used to be filmed. My boyfriend and I love watching that and yelling crazy answers at the TV.

Next, Rip Rocket Ride. Davy was SO excited to have me ride. The guide told us about the secret song list you can look for (I knew about this, but figured Davy would care less about it -- but he was VERY excited about this). Our guide made sure, since this was the one Davy was all excited about, we were in the front car ... YIKES. But, I had also heard it was best to ride from the front on this ride. We got in and I was comforted to see "I Will Survive" as a song choice. Davy thought that was funny and did it too. He kept yelling at me throughout to see if I was ok. I really enjoyed myself. I used to LOVE rollercoasters. Davy was practically skipping after taking me on that. He said he later wanted me to look up the secret songs. I told him I heard that there was a U2 song on the secret list. He wanted to get to it.

We then did the Mummy. After, we got to go under the track. That was awesome. The guide also told us at the end, when Brendan Fraser is being attacked, he actually says, "feels so good." LOL. You could then hear it.

Next -- Transformers. I had never ridden this. Davy had once a couple of years ago and we were just bleh about it. After the ride: still bleh. We took a break here for bathroom/drinks. Our guide gave us more info too. I can't even remember it all! I think we were watching the Transformer characters out and he was telling us about how a lot of the characters work -- even those in Disney. Some of the movements are controlled by the operator's fingers. He said you can see some of these guys in regular conversation now where they move their hands automatically as if they are controlling a costume.

Onward! Men In Black. I was excited about this one because I knew we'd be taking the Immigration Tour. We first rode and our tour guide gave us tips for getting higher scores. I was still an idiot. LOL. Anyway, then, we went to the Immigration Room. Here, we could take pics. Our guide told us to try out the white chairs with ball-looking things on them. He said they were so comfortable. Davy LOVED them. He agreed with the guide that we needed some (we actually tried to see if some like them were on sale online -- no luck). Here's our pics:
davy & aliens.jpg Alice & alien.jpg
alien emergency.jpg Agent D.jpg

THE chair:

alien chair.jpg

Tour continued next post!

Last edited:

Tour continued! We were off to Diagon Alley! It was time for lunch, so we were to meet back up in about an hour I think it was. Most of decided on Leaky Cauldron because we were right in front of it. I don't quite remember what we had... I think I had the feast for 2 but they made it for one. I was eh about it. Davy had fish and chips. And pumpkin juice, of course. Leaky Cauldron.jpg

OH! And I had become partial to the apple cider!

We were then off to Gringotts. We first went through a separate line to take some pictures up front:

davy gringotts.jpg

gringotts chandelier.jpg

We then went to a secret back area and then went to the ride. Then, we took the Hogwarts Express (with good cabin-mates!) to the Universal side. There, we took a secret way to cut the line at Forbidden Journey.

Next, it was OFF TO KONG -- the WHOLE REASON we started planning the trip. I had heard mixed reviews of this ride... before we went on, our guide told us the back-story. We rode it. I liked it. Davy got off and proclaimed, "THAT WAS LAME!!!!" The guide seemed disappointed. He told us some of the wonders of how the ride worked and just couldn't believe Davy didn't like it.

Next, we rode Spider-Man. And, then, as a treat, we went where they had extra cars for that ride stored and we watched from the outside how the ride ran. It was pretty cool. I had never read anyone getting to do that before and the guide said it was a "special treat."

Lastly, it was time for Hulk. Another one I had never ridden. We went up some secret way. It banged my head around a lot. I heard it had improved too. Davy loved it. After that, it was time to say goodbye. Our guide would take us to Universal side a secret way if we wanted, but now I remember we decided to stay and eat at Three Broomsticks again. After that, we headed back to the room, EXHAUSTED but happy.

Tomorrow... Agent P and Darth Vader!

YEA!!!! THE VIP tour!! Happy to read your review. We've booked it (DH doesn't know yet) for his Father's Day gift on our trip. I've managed to not spoil the surprise, and even DS doesn't know. I'll let the men-folk in on the plans on Father's Day proper, when we're at The Palm for dinner. Planning on having the waiter deliver the card I had made with dessert. Not horribly creative, but it'll get the job done.

I have to tell you, your Davey is one cute kiddo! It sounds like you guys had a blast on your trip. I'm loving reading your report and reviews!

YEA!!!! THE VIP tour!! Happy to read your review. We've booked it (DH doesn't know yet) for his Father's Day gift on our trip. I've managed to not spoil the surprise, and even DS doesn't know. I'll let the men-folk in on the plans on Father's Day proper, when we're at The Palm for dinner. Planning on having the waiter deliver the card I had made with dessert. Not horribly creative, but it'll get the job done.

I have to tell you, your Davey is one cute kiddo! It sounds like you guys had a blast on your trip. I'm loving reading your report and reviews!

Yay! I say, I thought it was REALLY WORTH IT. I had been told a few times if we had a long time and had express, it wasn't, but I certainly still thought it was. My son was simply giddy about it. I forgot to mention we also saw the Hogwarts Express going from park to park backstage as well, which was AWESOME. I can't wait to hear how your guys like it (and you!).

Thank you so much about Davy comment... he's a treasure through and through. I was hesitant to have kids, but if I could have written what my kid would be like, it seriously would've matched up perfectly with my son. <3 We did have a blast (even with the minor annoyances here and there!)

May 26: Our first Disney day was today. Originally, this was going to be an all-Universal trip... BUT, I realized I had lots of points on my Disney credit card. I REALLY wanted to do the Star Wars stuff and HS. So, we decided to take the Ultimate Thrills Tour as that hit all of Davy's favorite rides and then do the Star Wars dessert party and Galactic Nights show. Then, we decided, well, let's do two days to get both of those in. Then, I wanted to go to EPCOT (my favorite and Davy loves the Agent P game there). So, we settled on three days. First up: EPCOT in the morning. We got up early to hit rope drop. We were about third in line. We first rode Test Track single rider a couple of times. Then, we did Mission to Mars FP+. It was the first time I was going to ride it and I thought with my motion sickness patch, all would be good. NOPE. I WANTED TO DIE!!!! I also at some point road the Dragon Challenge roller coaster at Universal and our VIP Tour Guide said that thing pulls like 5.5 Gs and Mission to Mars pulls a lot too -- I'm thinking I can't handle that anymore (if I ever could). These were the only two rides that about killed me.

After that, I had a Turtle Talk FP+ but suddenly Davy didn't want to do it. I was sad. Sigh... he feels he's too old for it.

So, we went to Norway for a snack and discussed how to improve parks. Davy had some good ideas and now I'm not remembering a single one. One of his dreams is to own (or design) an amusement park in the future. Our talk:

Davy Norway.jpg

We then had a fastpass for the one thing I wanted to do that Davy did not: Frozen Ever After. Davy loved the movie when it first came out, but now, wow, the boy/girl thing has really raised its ugly head. I LOVED the ride. I really had low expectations after reading reviews, but I really enjoyed it. Especially when you get to Elsa's castle. Davy grudgingly said it was "okay."

Then, we rushed for another first I was so excited about: Le Cellier for lunch. Again, I'm bad about remembering what we ate and rarely take food pics. I took this one of the cheddar soup as my boyfriend HATES cheese so I was teasing him about it. I liked it a lot. BUT, I got one of the steaks and was like, meh. Davy was meh about his meal too. I was sad I didn't love it. Reminded me how Cowfish was a bit of a disappointment too. Sigh....

Cheddar cheese soup.jpg
Davy LeCellier.jpg

Davy then did ALL of the Agent P assignments. He didn't remember them too well from a couple of years ago, so that was good. He loved doing them. I shopped a bit while he did that. I got this awesome ring from Great Britain:

EPCOT ring.jpg

Seems I ALWAYS buy something in Great Britain. I usually do Italy and Germany too . I got some ornaments from Germany I'll try to get pics of soon (still in the boxes). Italy -- I was VERY close to buying more jewelry but thought I had spent enough on the ring.

Garden Festival still going on at this point. If you can't tell by my username, I'm a HUGE Donald fan!!! @kittylady1972 -- help me with the name of these guys again... ;)

three caballeros.jpg

And, Donald and the nephews:donald topiary.jpg

After doing all the Agent Ps and shopping, we were ready to head to Hollywood Studios... got a fastpass for Star Tours. We did that and Davy made some AWESOME droids. I, I mean he, played with them a lot this vacation -- check out the crazy names Davy gave to them on the box:

droids.jpg droids 2.jpg

Next up: Star Wars desert party! We checked in and ... well, we were disappointed by the food and drink honestly as many have said. We were right up front when the storm troopers led us out and folks made sure Davy was right up front. I had seen the Galatic Nights show during the Star Wars Celebration but was farther back. I told Davy there was an AMAZING Darth Vader part. It was even better. LOVED THIS and would so do the desert party again to get the spot. Got 2 of the creepy Chewie steins. I keep meaning to give one of those to my boyfriend (huge Chewie fan!). Jason -- when you read this, remind me to give it to you! Anyway, I had heard some mixed reviews of this show but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. LOVE. One of my favorite things on this trip (I AM a huge Star Wars fan). Davy loved it too. Then, time to head to bed....

Tomorrow: I'm scared #$%less... how do I get this #$%^ing wet suit off?!?!!... Davy says no to his first kiss with a girl. Discovery Cove, baby!

Last edited:
Finally catching up.........

Loved reading about your time so far.........you did RRR.........yay......:D........I always choose I will Survive lol.....find it comforting........glad you did it though......

Shame Davy didn't enjoy Kong......it's a funny ride, nothing spectacular but fun! The VIP tour did sound good, I'm always amazed at what still actually goes on at Universal that folks don't generally know......

Did you say you were a Star Wars fan..........:rolleyes1 :laughing: Tom still teases me when I thought that picture you sent me was you and your boyfriend.........oh dear, I had no clue.........:blush:

Finally catching up.........

Loved reading about your time so far.........you did RRR.........yay......:D........I always choose I will Survive lol.....find it comforting........glad you did it though......

Shame Davy didn't enjoy Kong......it's a funny ride, nothing spectacular but fun! The VIP tour did sound good, I'm always amazed at what still actually goes on at Universal that folks don't generally know......

Did you say you were a Star Wars fan..........:rolleyes1 :laughing: Tom still teases me when I thought that picture you sent me was you and your boyfriend.........oh dear, I had no clue.........:blush:

I'm just a LITTLE BIT of a fan. LOL. And, he IS my boyfriend. I don't know what Tom's talking about. ;)

And... RRR... just wait... it's part of the title of my report.

Well, guys, life is getting in the way... will try to add more later... first, I no longer have a computer with a CD player on it and I have many CD pics from Discovery Cove for the next day I want to add -- they told me there'd be an internet link, but that link doesn't allow me to just download pics without paying as far as I can tell.

Also, got some great news. I've been trying out to be an administrative law judge -- it takes a LONG time. I had made it through step one, and then for step two had to take a bunch of tests in D.C. almost a year ago I believe. I really thought I had failed, but got my score, and I did pretty well. So, looks like I'll be on to the final step -- which is another interview (IF there are jobs in the cities I chose -- which that is not guaranteed -- long, complicated story and process). Anyway, I hear interviews start July 31 and there's also a lot more paperwork to get together... and, anyway, AAACCCK, THINGS TO DO. I do want to finish this report before I forget things! Will try to soon!

I did write a mini-review of Volcano Bay on the main Universal thread here on the DISBOARDS as well.

I've been loving your trip report! The VIP tour sounds like a lot of fun & your kiddo is a cutie-pie!

BIG CONGRATS on the test score & fingers crossed for a job in one of the cities you chose!

I've been loving your trip report! The VIP tour sounds like a lot of fun & your kiddo is a cutie-pie!

BIG CONGRATS on the test score & fingers crossed for a job in one of the cities you chose!
Awww -- thanks so much!!!! <3 And, yes, VIP tour!!!! Highly recommend.

Well, guys, life is getting in the way... will try to add more later... first, I no longer have a computer with a CD player on it and I have many CD pics from Discovery Cove for the next day I want to add -- they told me there'd be an internet link, but that link doesn't allow me to just download pics without paying as far as I can tell.

Also, got some great news. I've been trying out to be an administrative law judge -- it takes a LONG time. I had made it through step one, and then for step two had to take a bunch of tests in D.C. almost a year ago I believe. I really thought I had failed, but got my score, and I did pretty well. So, looks like I'll be on to the final step -- which is another interview (IF there are jobs in the cities I chose -- which that is not guaranteed -- long, complicated story and process). Anyway, I hear interviews start July 31 and there's also a lot more paperwork to get together... and, anyway, AAACCCK, THINGS TO DO. I do want to finish this report before I forget things! Will try to soon!

I did write a mini-review of Volcano Bay on the main Universal thread here on the DISBOARDS as well.

Fabulous news Alice!!! What an amazing opportunity for you.......will keep fingers crossed for you and you get the city you want.......

Will you still talk to us when you're ever such a very important Judge.........:rotfl:

I hate our new laptop that doesn't take discs.......I feel ever so old fashioned but it's so easy with discs!! Thank goodness I have Kyle to do things like that for me.........

Will be watching for more updates.........:D

Fabulous news Alice!!! What an amazing opportunity for you.......will keep fingers crossed for you and you get the city you want.......

Will you still talk to us when you're ever such a very important Judge.........:rotfl:

I hate our new laptop that doesn't take discs.......I feel ever so old fashioned but it's so easy with discs!! Thank goodness I have Kyle to do things like that for me.........

Will be watching for more updates.........:D

I will still be a government paper-pusher -- don't let the title fool you. LOL. (And, really, it's still very much a long-shot, but I have made it farther than a lot of folks.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!