Did I get a good rate?

classicpooh

<font color=FF66FF>Wishes everyone a Disney day!
We are paying $168 @ RPH 8/10-8/12... Is this a good rate or could have we done better? This is the ENT rate. Thanks

I think that is high for a standard room at the RPR.... you should try again..are you a pass holder??....if so, maybe you can get a better rate that way. I am paying $119 for this coming Sunday & Monday, but that is a FL resident rate...

I'm paying the same rate around the same time. Rates are high at all three of the resorts during that time because I've tried every discount and combination I can think of and that's the best I've been able to come up with.

Personally, I think it's worth it. :)

Yep, I think that's about as good as you can do at that time. We had been planning our vacation around that week and needing two rooms and I just wasn't happy with that rate so we switched our vacation week. I understand not everyone is able to do that though. We now have two rooms for Aug 21-22 @ $152 and Aug 22-27 @ $119.00 now.

We tried to book for RPR for the first week in August, and the lowest I could find for a standard room, was 197.00 and that's with my APH discount, for ENT, it's 219.00. Sheeesh. We ended up booking a deluxe club room at the PBH, for about 250.00 (could have gotten standard for 188.00 tho) as it seems they are discounting rooms more for that time period. I paid for a club room last August for about 350.00, so I am happy enough with this rate. Have to say, got a nice rate last December for 109.00. It just depends on how early you can book, the time of the year, etc. This coming trip wasn't planned until about two weeks ago, so we missed out on any early discounts. Soky tho, just cant' wait to get there :)

For the week the OP has, the standard room at RPR is showing at 197.00 with APH and 229.00 for ENT,, so I think they got the best rate they can do at the moment. Different story tho, if it werent' for the end of Summer.

Thanks for your input... I will be happy and have a great time @ Universal!!!

We are going in July and are paying $189 FanClub rate for July 1-4 at the Royal Pacific water view. Your rate sounds about right for this summer.

Your rate sounds fine. The $99 rates of the past are gone.
Some can get $119, but you have to book very early and get lucky. The web site boasts about low rates, but those are for off peak times.
Take me for example. In January, I booked the HRH pool view for $174 a night using ENT. rate, for a reservation in mid June. It was the best they could do. A few years ago, people were getting HRH for $99, and that was before the RPH was built.
I'd have to say, the bar has been raised on what fans can get with the ENT. rate.
Just be sure to check back to make sure they didn't cancel your res like they did to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter