Did we pack too much?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
I am beginning to wonder whether we are packing too much (or maybe too little!). We are a family of 5; us, DD13, DS6, and DD6. For all of us, it looks like we will have 2 large bags, one valet for the "formal" stuff, one carry on, one camera bag, and three school backpacks with a variety of stuff in them (including schoolwork).

Does that sound like a lot for the 7 nighter (plus 1 night at the Orlando Airport Hyatt) or does it sound like we are travelling light?

It's getting really close! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks... Paul

We are also a family of 5 and we have a bag for every tag. We have two large roll ons, a garment bag, duffel bag, 2 medium bags, 3 pilot bags and a scuba gear bag. Plus I am carrying on 2 bags. Granted one bag is filled with a case of beer and the other special things for the kids but I know I over packed. I packed one short outfit and dinner outfit for everyone everyday and bathing suits and PJ's. Throw in the shows and assorted princess gowns I'm not sure how I even got it all into the amount of bags I used.

I know I overpacked but I refuse to do wash that week. I am off duty if only for a week of my life! I can taste that fru fru drink now!

Originally posted by SweetSpot
BTW Paul... I like your countdown clock better than mine. Your's has us there sooner!

Thanks! Mine is sooner than yours (my guess) is that we are flying into Orlando on Friday and staying overnight at the Hyatt! That way we don't have to worry about an early flight Saturday.

Paul

Originally posted by Sonya Francisco
Paul,
I think it sounds like you are traveling very light! Good job on the packing.:p

I forgot to mention that my wife plans to do laundry! Does it still look like we packed light?

Paul

Paul, If we could get by with that little, my husband would be thrilled! We'll end up right there with sweetspot....a bag for every tag...and then some!

So far I have large suitcase for DH, large for DS10.5 and large for myself. Then there is a medium sized suitcase to catch all the "stuff". DH has his breathing machine to carry on plus his carry on bag (they let him carryon both since 1 is a medical/martial necessity).
DS will have his backpack and Im planning on putting more than his "stuff"/homework in it. I'll have my DVC backpack and waistpack.
And that's as of now - I have most of those items already filled and I still have 29.5days left to pack!
Oh and I have a collaspible cooler in that med sized suitcase and another bag to bring our souveniers home.

(oops- fixed a typo)

paul....I had to re-read your post...at first glance I thought you meant that you packed two large bags EACH!!!! plus all the other stuff...I was going to say Yeah, you did pack too much.

But upon re-reading what you packed sounds great, better than we do.

We are also a family of 5 (with 3 teens) and we usually each have one large bag, then we have one carryon, one camera bag!

Have a great cruise!

MJ

LOL Gary! From the looks of our luggage pile I have been wondering where we will find room to move in the room. Luckily, all of the suitcases nestle into the larger suitcases so once unpacked we only have to worry about where to store those two suitcases.

my3kids: I'm hoping someone else uses all those tags. I don't want to be the only one the porter is chuckling for overpacking.

Only 3 more days til we leave! I hope I haven't forgotten to pack something.

See you all at Scoops.

Paul,
I agree with most, you are about right to light.
All,
With the four of us we usually have a suitcase apiece plus one with snorkel gear and shoes in addition to one carryon per person.
I made the kids, DD11 and DD6 get all of their stuff lined up last week, but I'm still here on the board instead of getting my packing done!

Sandy

When we cruised in August, the heat and humidity totally trashed our clothes every day (both sets-wish I had more). In January (the temps are a little lower and the humidity is WAY lower) we just needed a pair of shorts for each day, a polo or tee shirt for each day. Since we don’t “dress up” for dinner my son and I each had a couple of pairs of slacks, two nice dress shirts and ties (for the formal nights) and our nicest polo shirts for the other dinners (except for the gaudy tropical print shirts for the Tropicalafragilistic… dinner). So for the guys we had two sets of clothes for each day of the trip (except for slacks – since we were in them for a fairly short period of time each evening). The ladies on the other hand have a bit more packing to do unless they are willing to wear the same skirt a couple of times and have a variety of blouses to go along with them and then dresses for the formal nights. Everyone needs a couple of swimsuits. We each had sandals for on the ship, tennis shoes for on shore and dress shoes for dinner (guys 1 pair for 7 nights, ladies who knows how many shoes they bring with them! :D )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter