"Did You Eat All That Chicken?" - A Solo Dining Report w/ Regular Dining Plan (Complete)

Sunshine Seasons
Two reasons I ended up there:
1) In my pre-trip report I’d asked for suggestions for quick service restaurants.
@missangelalexis suggested Sunshine Seasons. :flower3:

2) AJ with Disney Food Blog raved about the turtle brownie, and I was intrigued.

It was early, shortly after 10:00 and I had just wrapped up my ride on Frozen Ever After.

The rest of World Showcase was closed, and the only other ride I wanted to do the day was Soarin.
I didn’t have a FP, so I headed over to see the posted wait time. The wait was way too long, so I sat down in the
lobby area near the ride exit. It was so loud in there, I couldn’t stand it. So I loitered around for a bit until 11:00.
I had it in my head that I would go with the pork, but decided on the chicken. And they give you half a chicken -
so it was HUGE and I was a little embarrassed about it.

SwyswfA.jpg

It came with a side of black beans and yellow rice, which were the stars of the dish. The chicken wasn’t bad.
It’s just that I’d never had black beans and yellow rice, and it was YUM!
I proceeded to carve that huge piece of chicken. The family at the table next to me was Grandma, Grandpa,
son/daughter in law, and grand daughter. I was getting a kick out of their conversations. They reminded me of the
Romanos from ‘Everybody Loves Raymond.’ Grandpa turned his attention to me. Well, not me, but the chicken.

He said “Wow. That’s a big piece of chicken.” :duck:

The daughter smiled and said:

“Oh, we’re just admiring your chicken.”

As they prepared to leave, Grandpa looked at me and said “I’m just going to stay here and help her eat that chicken.”

I was slightly embarrassed, but it was funny. Later on in the day, I heard someone call out from afar …

“Did you eat all that chicken?”

It was Grandpa. Hilarious!

The chicken was pretty good. Not dry. The rice and beans like I said - the stars of the show. And they had my beloved Schofferhofer Grapefruit Beer. Yasssss! When I got to the register to pay they made me open the beer. I don’t know why.

Needless to say, I was on the edge of stuffed. But I wasn’t leaving there without AJ’s Turtle Brownie.
And it was ahhhhmazing!!

Jq31l8K.jpg

I got so excited when they pulled it out of the fridge. A cold brownie. Yum! By the time I made it outside the pavillion,
it was already starting to melt. As much as I wanted to save it for later, I knew it wouldn’t hold up in the heat.
I managed just a few bites because it was super rich. Definitely an item to share with someone else.
Not the best use of a snack credit ($4.79), but I don’t regret it.

Sunshine Seasons Lunch ($28.31)

Restaurant Marrakesh
This is one of those restaurants I always wanted to try, but just never got around to it.
When I walked in, the belly dancer singer were already hard at work. It definitely set the mood. And even
though they sat me at one of those communal type tables, next to a party of no fewer than 15 people, it was ok.
It wasn’t awkward at like I thought it would be. I was so stimulated by the sights and sound, I suppose I just wasn’t paying much attention to the people next to me.

I started with their Moroccan beer, a lager. It was mediocre. Kind of bitter.
UTnWEgz.jpg

I ordered the Roasted Lamb Shank. It was super tender, and really good. I actually wanted to pick it up with my
fingers and naw around the bone. I didn’t really care for the veggie mixture, and wished they had given me more rice. I
It is now my goal to make a roasted lamb shank at home.

NI0Wghi.jpg

For dessert I went out on a limb and ordered the Moroccan Symphony - which is a trio of baklavas.
I’ve had baklava before, and didn’t like it. Too sweet. But because I was at a Moroccan restaurant, it seemed fitting
to order the signature dessert.

ffLMSTp.jpg

The one at the top of the picture was awful. It actually tasted like dish soap. Horrible! That pretty much ruined my
mood for the other two.

Restaurant Marrakesh ($49.94)
Daily Dining Plan ($78.25)

Snacks
Main Street Confectionary:

Chocolate Covered Pineapple ($4.49)
Giant Mickey Cookie ($5.49)

Sunshine Seasons
Turtle Brownie ($4.49)

Karameli- Küche
Caramel Peanut Apple ($6.99)
Carmel Corn ($5.99)

Les Halles
Shot of Espresso ($3.50)

jJ2j1dJ.jpg

viHRNmE.jpg

I ended up leaving two snack credits on the table, and I’m not upset about it.
There was plenty to eat, and on the last day I didn’t have room in my bag to carry more than the Carmel apple
and caramel corn. I paid $302 for the dining plan and spent $356 using it.

I know people say it’s a lot of food, and it is, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Part of the Disney experience (for me)
is the food. I enjoy trying different restaurants and snacks. I also like having the meals being prepaid. The only food item
I spent out of pocket on was a box of macarons from Les Halles.

2riH98z.jpg

And I don’t feel like I went out the way to get the most expensive items on the menu. I’m glad they added alcoholic beverages to the plan. It’s only fair.

hQWPFoK.jpg

YAAASSSS! I'm so glad the Bacon and Eggs app has maintained it's integrity. That was also one of the best things I ate on my anniversary trip. I still think about it lol.

I loved your report. The only table service that I was brave enough to try solo was HDDR. My next solo trip will probably be in 2022 and will definitely think about trying other TS places.

Great report! I enjoyed your humor. You are making me want to go to the Wave for that appetizer, as well as try that insane brownie!

Great report! I am definitely someone who spends time perusing menus and “deciding” waaaay in advance what I will order. Food is part of the Disney experience for me too but somehow I’ve never done the dining plan. Sorry about your Storybook experience. I need to make it over to the Wave to try that app! Making a note about that spot in Harambe Market! Thanks for sharing your reviews!!

Storybook Dining (Artist Point)
But that particular view wasn’t even the worst part of the view. The worst part was, as part of the experience they made a grand announcement for each character to enter the room. I was in a literal corner, and the characters made their entrance from the right:

ggZl8kp.jpg

I couldn’t see, so took the other diner’s word that each entrance was as spectacular to witness as their reaction to it. I could have stood up and gone and peeked around the corner, but whatever. Knowing these Artist Point light fixtures were still hanging above annoyed me, so I didn’t bother.

I can’t believe they actually sit people at a table like that! I was thinking of trying to snag an ADR for our December trip, but the mixed reviews, and this review, have made me decide against it.

Also the grapefruit beer is the greatest beer in the world!!! It’s so light and refreshing and perfect on a hot Disney day. Actually, any day for that matter!! We live in WNY, and I was able to find it at our local Wegmans in both 6 and 12 packs!! A little Disney to enjoy right at home!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed reading about your solo dining! I went on my first solo trip in May and shared many of the same dislikes as you, most notably being seated at a communal table and the baaaad two tops in the worst areas of the restaurant. I only ended up with a two really bad tables, so I didn't do too badly.
I also scored a Storybook Dining ADR for my first full day and was really excited about it....at first. I ended up getting cold feet about character dining as a solo and cancelling it a few days before my trip, so you made me feel MUCH better about that decision. LOVE tipsy dust!

And I pick out my food while looking at menus months before, too. :)

I so enjoyed your report! Grandpa had me laughing out loud.

I'm thinking I need to have a Harambe Market Happy Hour and I'm definitely adding that turtle brownie to my list--I've followed that on DFB as well, but you convinced me.

Last edited:
Enjoyed reading your report . Liked your writing style . I am also a schofferhoffer grapefruit beer . I have recently found it at a liquor store at home .

I have traveled solo to WDW a few times now and am comfortable at most TS restaurants. For some reason , at a buffet I worry they will clear my table if I am not there before I am finished. Has never happened but always on the back of my mind . I actually had worse tables when it was a party of two with my DH than when I have been solo - luckily .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts