Did your waitlist come through?

I've had two waitlists come through this year so far.

I had a single night in a 2BR at Aulani in August come through for a different view. I had 2 nights in 1 view and a 3rd in another...now they are all the same.

I also got lucky and had a 2BR at AKL Kidani Village in a Savannah View room for THANKSGIVING week come through just two months ago. I did waitlist it probably in May.

I'm now waiting on a studio at AKL for Thanksgiving week. I'm hopeful but not terribly optimistic as I couldn't waitlist it until the others came through.

I have had two wait lists. Once April during spring break at the poly. It came through a month earlier. It was only for two nights to replace ssr. We had booked a week almost at poly and didn’t want to resort hop. This time just one day in august to stretch our trip at bwv. I had a room booked at poly as a back up. It came through about 2 months earlier.

I have for the most part had really good luck on the waitlist. This year especially.

For my September trip at BWV (garden/pool view studio), I was able to get all my days at the 7 month mark except my last one, so I put in a waitlist and it came through in about a week. I ended up adding an additional day at the front of the trip about 6 months out after I got airfare and it was a lot cheaper to fly in the day earlier. I could not get BWV for that night so booked SSR (with potential back up plan of airport hotel or value) and waitlisted BWV. That came through about 2-3 weeks later.

And the best one of all was VGC. I tried to book on the 11 month date to book *at about 6:30 AM pst) the studio for Moonlight Magic and was shut out. I waitlisted it and kind of figured this was not going to happen and was starting to look at the other 2 hotels and it finally came through yesterday after 7+ months on the waitlist. Very very excited to finally get these dates!

I just had my waitlist come through for the beginning of September. I booked a last minute trip. 40 something days out and with 32 days left, my waitlist for BCV came through. Its for a One bedroom

We are waitlisted at AKL and Contemporary Dec 28-31, can anyone speak to their own experience with a waitlist?

Happy trails
Mine still has not come through. Any luck with either of yours?

Waiting on a waitlist for 2 bed at BWV the first week of December. Not holding my breathe but I'm hopeful. We only decided to change plans Monday and everything was blocked out but was able to piece together 6 nights at SSR in the last week. Hoping we can get one more night there so I can cancel the cash reservation we made and then just pray Boardwalk comes through.

Mine still has not come through. Any luck with either of yours?
Still waiting as well. I am contemplating changing the waitlist to different resorts, but I am also worried about getting pushed to the back of the line..

I have enjoyed reading everyone's stories though! Keeping our hopes alive lol

I wait listed 2 separate nights at POLY - and I've had better luck stalking DVC website on my own - I was able to get one of the two nights so far on my own.

I wait listed an additional night to our existing October trip a little over a week ago. I then started checking online 3-4 times a day. When checking online, I expanded my search to other resorts, not just the original resort (Boardwalk). No luck online. Yesterday, I got an email that my wait list at the Boardwalk came through. I was very surprised as it was a specific room type (1 BR Boardwalk view) and that is a busy time of year. Crazy!

Just got my wait list for a value studio at Jambo for mid December. This is the second one that came through to complete a six night stay.

I didn't decide to go until well after the 7 month window opened but was lucky enough to snag 4 nights in a value at Jambo and 2 nights in a standard at Kidani by stalking. For the sake of continuity, I wait listed only one night at first which came though, then wait listed the other. Got both in the end!

I have waitlisted and stalked my way to a week at VGF for our Thanksgiving trip this year. And this has all been in the last month and a half.
Did you start out with an initial reservation of partial days?

Did you start out with an initial reservation of partial days?
I started out with the full week booked at SSR. Found a 2BR at VGF for for the Friday night after Thanksgiving by stalking. Then found the preceding Saturday and Sunday night through stalking as well. With those two reservations I canceled the corresponding nights at SSR. Then I found a random night of the four I was missing in the middle. So I booked it but had enough points that I could hold the SSR reservation while I tried to piece the 4 nights together. I ended up getting two of missing nights through waitlist. I waitlisted those as separate nights and they came through separately, but not long after I did the waitlist. And I caught the last night somewhere in there. One of the waitlists was the last night I needed. And when that one cleared, I had a whole bunch of single night reservations that MS merged into one reservation without me having to call. I feel like I was incredibly lucky to have had everything work out, and I’m sure it will never happen again.

We've had lots of wait lists come through over the years. We joined in 2008 and i have often used the wait list option. The only times it has not worked for me were when I tired to book the GF when it was still very new and it was during marathon week in January and I only set up the wait list about 8 weeks in advance. I think you have to be kind of strategic about it...shorter wait lists are easier to fill. The sooner you set up a wait list the more chance you have of getting it to come through [the older ones are supposed to be matched up first based on availability so once you set it up, dont alter it]. Also, I use both wait lists so if I am interested in staying at BLT, i wait list both the lake view and the theme park view to increase my chances.

I just had a wait list to move from SSR to BW in a one bedroom come through for New Years Eve about a week ago. I set up the wait list right at the seven month window.

Waitlist - 1, obsessive RAT stalking - 0....

Not that I'm complaining!!! I got the one night I needed in Feb for an OKW studio for Princess Half Marathon Weekend.....AND they got rid of the 1 bedroom ressie that I had for that night (I don't remember checking that box when I made the wait list, but I might have).....AND they linked the two reservations together without me having to call and ask....

Sooo happy right now :D

I had some really amazing luck last Spring, I booked SSR(home resort) studio at 11 months for 5 nights and waitlisted BWV standard studio at 7 months, which came through within a few weeks. My parents decided to come with and wanted to stay at Coronado, I reluctantly cancelled our BWV. My dad ended up needing chemo and they had to cancel 2 months out. On a whim I decided to try the BWV waitlist again and didn't expect it to come through. It came through 3 weeks before our vacation dates!

I must be lucky. Or I pick good times or resorts. Every single waitlist I’ve put in for has come through ( with the exception of I can usually find it and book myself before the waitlist grabs it). I’ve had at least 10. We own at OKW, and hav3 no problem staying there if waitlists don’t come through. But we have a new love for AKL, so keep waitlisting it. Buying points there at today’s prices, when we already own is not in the budget. We just somehow managed to get a full week in a value studio through waitlisting/stalking. I also got a club level studio for 5 days that we ended up giving up because my older daughter decided to join us and we needed a bigger room. So waitlisting even the hardest rooms does work.

Reactions: AGP
Still waiting on my Dec 29-31. I’m ready to cancel the waitlist and request a high floor. I am almost to my banking deadline, so the few points I save will be lost to me anyway.

Had one on the books for our upcoming Vero Beach stay to swap Inn Standard for Inn OV, and it expired, I believe.

Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter