Difference between kidani and jambo

Valentina8623

Earning My Ears
im trying to plan my vacation on short notice for this April. I'm very interested in the animal kingdom lodge. What is the difference between kidani and jambo? Any preferences? I would get a savannah view. Jambo is a bit more expensive so I was wondering what the difference and pros and cons are. I will be traveling with my husband, daughter 7 and son 5. I have also been eyeing the Polynesian and was wondering if anyone prefers that one instead of animal kingdom lodge? Is it worth the extra money?

The Pool area at Kidani is better in my opinion if you have young children. They have a cool little splash pad area that Jambo pool does not, the water slide is better, and the pool is awlays less crowded. You can always take the resort shuttle over to Jambo is you would like to go over there. It runs about every 10 minutes between the 2. If you are getting a 2BR the Villas at Kidani have a 3rd Bathroom. The Villas at Jambo only have 2. Not necessarily a deal breaker for most, but a nice convenience. If you want to save some points (or money), and depending on how often you plan to be at the parks, I wouldn't bother with the Savannah View. If you will be at parks most of the day/days, you won't be in the room to enjoy the animals walking around out there. We found that we were leaving before we got a chance to see them out there in the morning, and wouldn't get back until after dark. There are plenty of viewing areas around the resort if you would like to see the animals.

The Pool area at Kidani is better in my opinion if you have young children. They have a cool little splash pad area that Jambo pool does not, the water slide is better, and the pool is awlays less crowded. You can always take the resort shuttle over to Jambo is you would like to go over there. It runs about every 10 minutes between the 2. If you are getting a 2BR the Villas at Kidani have a 3rd Bathroom. The Villas at Jambo only have 2. Not necessarily a deal breaker for most, but a nice convenience. If you want to save some points (or money), and depending on how often you plan to be at the parks, I wouldn't bother with the Savannah View. If you will be at parks most of the day/days, you won't be in the room to enjoy the animals walking around out there. We found that we were leaving before we got a chance to see them out there in the morning, and wouldn't get back until after dark. There are plenty of viewing areas around the resort if you would like to see the animals.
That was very good advice.. I get caught up wanting it all and need to be brought down to earth... You are not going to spend a lot of time in the room and if you take a tour you will see the animals also.

Jambo is very nice, and although you can take a shuttle over, it is much more convenient to have a food court onsite. I agree you don't need a savanna view , however, since there are so many great areas to view the animals. However, I found Kidani very underwhelming in comparison to Jambo. The previous poster referred to points, and probably if you are a DVC member it could be a better price wise option, but if you are a cash customer, I would seriously compare standard prices. All things being equal in price, why have cake with no frosting if you can get it with?

We went back and forth between Kidani and Jambo and ultimately decided on Jambo. We wanted the Wow factor when we walked in and the lobby at the Jambo house is just beautiful. Kidani looks nice too but it's a bit smaller. Kidani is also a bit more on the quiet side from what I've read in reviews. This WAS appealing to us. The selling factor for us was we did the DVC Studio Deluxe Standard View room which is typically a pool view room.

I don't think you can go wrong with either building.

Poly is a great resort as well, but unless you plan to spend the majority of your time at the MK, I'd go for AKL.

I have stayed in Jambo 3 separate times. I loved the fact that the quick service was easily accessible. I can't imagine not being able to easily/quickly walk to the quick service with young kids.

I have stayed in Jambo 3 separate times. I loved the fact that the quick service was easily accessible. I can't imagine not being able to easily/quickly walk to the quick service with young kids.
It's ten minutes. Kind of like staying in one of the outer long houses at the Polynesian and walking to Capt Cook's.

It's ten minutes. Kind of like staying in one of the outer long houses at the Polynesian and walking to Capt Cook's.

I get that it is only 10 min. However, for my family, I cannot imagine staying farther away from the quick service than necessary with kids. For just my husband and I, it wouldn’t matter either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter